Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Practically stealing it from him but I would be cautious and ask about it's condition because a lot of sellers go with the MIB line and it's not. I went through that with my Old Snake and Raiden since they were both in one lot and they were obviously opened when listed as brand new.

Like an idiot I dumped about 500$ on the both.

Oh yeah I forgot you have the RAH Raiden. So I know as a collectible it's highly sought after, but as a 1/6 figure does it impress? I did A LOT of work on the Old Snake figure to get his wrinkles and skin tones to show. Medicom does great sculpts, but lousy paint job. So what's your opinion on the RAH Raiden, Plissken?

Either that, or a BIB RAH Dark Knight for 147USD. Argh, decisions! Need to flip a coin!

Oh yeah I forgot you have the RAH Raiden. So I know as a collectible it's highly sought after, but as a 1/6 figure does it impress? I did A LOT of work on the Old Snake figure to get his wrinkles and skin tones to show. Medicom does great sculpts, but lousy paint job. So what's your opinion on the RAH Raiden, Plissken?

Either that, or a BIB RAH Dark Knight for 147USD. Argh, decisions! Need to flip a coin!

TBH that figure is really outdated.
It can barely hold a pose and the vinyl used for the suit looks really cheap IMO.

I bought one for 100$ and that was the highest price I wanted to give for it.

TBH that figure is really outdated.
It can barely hold a pose and the vinyl used for the suit looks really cheap IMO.

I bought one for 100$ and that was the highest price I wanted to give for it.

by cheap vinyl do you mean Raiden or Batman, Elvis?

Well you need to think about just how long HT took to just release Snake and Boss which was roughly 3 years. We haven't seen any new teases at all and I don't expect to see another possible release for at least two years. I don't regret not getting it. The articulation is about the same as the Naked Snake that was just released.

Also Plissken, do you think Raiden by default needs a repaint too?

It definitely wouldn't hurt, visually is the biggest problem it. I would suggest trying to get a coat for him, I got the Sideshow Spike coat for about 20$ or so a little after I got him. Although you can see in my Naked Snake pics that I don't display him that way currently.

One thing you should be worried about is the wrist pegs for Raiden, I've broken about 3 in the last month or so... in the hand... after time they seem extremely brittle.

You really can't do much with the arms since you risk tearing his armpit glue, and the material for his belt and leg straps is very brittle.

The only inventive thing on the figure is the solid eye eye pieces which can fold up on the sides of his head or be pulled forward.

I know Hot Toys would hit it out of the park with a Raiden figure, but Solid Snake is a must and it should of been the first figure anyway...

I was talking about raiden.
Thanks Elvis. Coming from you, it must be really bad!

Well you need to think about just how long HT took to just release Snake and Boss which was roughly 3 years. We haven't seen any new teases at all and I don't expect to see another possible release for at least two years. I don't regret not getting it. The articulation is about the same as the Naked Snake that was just released.

It definitely wouldn't hurt, visually is the biggest problem it. I would suggest trying to get a coat for him, I got the Sideshow Spike coat for about 20$ or so a little after I got him. Although you can see in my Naked Snake pics that I don't display him that way currently.

One thing you should be worried about is the wrist pegs for Raiden, I've broken about 3 in the last month or so... in the hand... after time they seem extremely brittle.

I'd expect that from Medicom. My Croc Cap Snake broke his wrist pegs & his hip joints and the vinyl has rot and the leg straps has melted to a point of ruining the fabric and I've never even touched the figure! But since you think it's a worthy investment I might just get it after my HT Snake arrives. Like Elvis I'll probably counter offer him down to $100 max too. Heheh.

Thanks Elvis. Coming from you, it must be really bad!

I'd expect that from Medicom. My Croc Cap Snake broke his wrist pegs & his hip joints and the vinyl has rot and the leg straps has melted to a point of ruining the fabric and I've never even touched the figure! But since you think it's a worthy investment I might just get it after my HT Snake arrives. Like Elvis I'll probably counter offer him down to $100 max too. Heheh.

For whatever reason the prices of Raiden inflated to around 500$ for awhile but it seems like that time is long in the past now.

Medicom should just stick to Anime characters since their paint apps are terrible.

Medicom should just stick to Anime characters since their paint apps are terrible.

:exactly: You might wanna repaint yours too at some point. Night and day.

wow all that **** happened to your croc cap snake that's unbelievable Mines perfect

When did you get yours? I got mine at launch (05 I think), it sat in the box for a year, in a display case following that, and now just screw it it's on the shelf exposed. I start noticing the decay in 2010 I think, and makes me sad because I never played with it.

My advice is be careful with those leg straps. Those are mean little time bombs.

When did you get yours? I got mine at launch (05 I think), it sat in the box for a year, in a display case following that, and now just screw it it's on the shelf exposed. I start noticing the decay in 2010 I think, and makes me sad because I never played with it.

My advice is be careful with those leg straps. Those are mean little time bombs.

Croc Cap was actually my first 1/6 (I had the Olive Drab Old Snake but then flipped it) and that was at least 3 years ago at this point.

I never seen any defects at all other than the CQC knife chipping the paint in the knife holding hand.

Why the hell did they give him flippers under his hands?

As strange as it may sound, I still consider Medicom's Crocodile hat Snake as the most coveted figure in my entire 1/6 collection. It's the only figure that wasn't re-released by Medicom, and it's still limited to roughly 1000 pieces worldwide. Doesn't get better than that.

As strange as it may sound, I still consider Medicom's Crocodile hat Snake as the most coveted figure in my entire 1/6 collection. It's the only figure that wasn't re-released by Medicom, and it's still limited to roughly 1000 pieces worldwide. Doesn't get better than that.

It's a nice way of looking at it, it's technically the first 1/6 I kept and is what I built my collection on top of. I can't see ever parting with it and it's still in mint condition.

It's a nice way of looking at it, it's technically the first 1/6 I kept and is what I built my collection on top of. I can't see ever parting with it and it's still in mint condition.

I really can't remember wanting a figure as badly as Croc hat Snake. Back in 2009 (when I wasn't working), I sold a lot of my old Transformers figures to save up money for it. So, it holds a tremendous amount of sentimental value (if nothing else) :lol. I don't think I'll ever part with mine either. In fact, my figure is still MISB even to this day.

I really can't remember wanting a figure as badly as Croc hat Snake. Back in 2009 (when I wasn't working), I sold a lot of my old Transformers figures to save up money for it. So, it holds a tremendous amount of sentimental value (if nothing else) :lol. I don't think I'll ever part with mine either. In fact, my figure is still MISB even to this day.

I just hate that the M16 mine came with is slightly bent :mad: must of been a bad mold or something.

The HT Snake should of come with the same model with the vegetation wrapped on it. They gave him a model M16 not even available in 1963 :cuckoo::slap:dunno

Wow you guys made me feel like my croc cap Snake is old, because I got him in 2005 (which is probably the reason for the deterioration).

I remember I needed a friend to pick it up in many states away, and he took a bus just for that, as the store selling it didn't offer postage. Even during launch this was sort of hard to come by, I had to save my scholarship just to get it. I then picked it up at his house with my beat up Honda Cub, (not a good way to transport a collectible), in the rain! I had to wrap the thing with my raincoat and endure the pouring rain. Ah, memories.

i got mine a long time ago not sure when i forgot. definitely not launch. TBH my favorite figure right now is the new solidus PAK. i cant stop checking it out. as far as my hardest obtained figure at the best price are my yamato collection or my version zero. i never pay rape rates and will scour ebay and the web til i get an unheard of deal. kinda OCD about that. heres some pics of my 10"-12" collection, hopefully they come out good enough for you guys! all my PAK figures are now in a statue pose. i put all their extras away. its sad how the medicoms are the same size if not smaller than solidus. :rotfl:lol:dunno

Wow you guys made me feel like my croc cap Snake is old, because I got him in 2005 (which is probably the reason for the deterioration).

I remember I needed a friend to pick it up in many states away, and he took a bus just for that, as the store selling it didn't offer postage. Even during launch this was sort of hard to come by, I had to save my scholarship just to get it. I then picked it up at his house with my beat up Honda Cub, (not a good way to transport a collectible), in the rain! I had to wrap the thing with my raincoat and endure the pouring rain. Ah, memories.

Well all of them were produced at the same time so we all got old ones. Although when I got mine I thought it was going to be opened since I got it off eBay but it had the original tape on it so it truly was MIB and I got it for close to 300$ shipped and the guy actually was from the Sideshow forum as it turns out :clap

3 years ago, I've collected a lot since then... :peace

@Jason it's good to see someone else has the Red Ninja. It feels like I was the only one around here that raped their wallet to get him :slap

TWICE AFTER THE FIRST ONE BROKE!!

Back