Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right, and if you look at that artwork they released with BigBoss and a dog - he has a pony tail. Although the persons frame in that screen shot you're talking about is very slim and feminine.

Shinkawa has been drawing MGS1 Snake alot more lately but id chalk it up to the 25th anniversary. In any case i really hope the next main title MGS is a Solid Snake game

Your right, and if you look at that artwork they released with BigBoss and a dog - he has a pony tail. Although the persons frame in that screen shot you're talking about is very slim and feminine.

Shinkawa has been drawing MGS1 Snake alot more lately but id chalk it up to the 25th anniversary. In any case i really hope the next main title MGS is a Solid Snake game

It is seriously long overdue to revisit the MSX games. It would be great to see the rivalry between Snake and Frank and Snake confronting Big Boss when Snake was a rookie. It would be much like Snake Eater except it would be in 1995-1999. I can see the epilogue now with Para-medic recovering Frank for experiments and Snake retiring to Alaska.

Kojima did mention that originally MGS5 was going to be the Boss during WWII so maybe that is still in the realm of possibility. It's definitely better than another BB game, and anyway from the Shinkawa artwork when she was the Joy in WWII she was hot lol.

I hope that MGS5 either

- Stars Solidus as he is a character with a lot of potential that has not really been fleshed out enough

- Stars Gray Fox as he is a really interesting character

- Stars The Boss prior to 3 as she's awesome and story and gameplay wise it would be a fitting choice

- Is a remake of Metal Gear 1 and 2 put together and redone to fit modern continuity

Any of those would be great ideas. Personally, I think all the Snakes have had their time to shine including Raiden. It would be nice if they expanded upon already existing lore (rather than throw in a new character) or at least have Solid in his prime and do the first two Metal Gears as those need to be revisited eventually.

I hope that MGS5 either

- Stars Solidus as he is a character with a lot of potential that has not really been fleshed out enough

- Stars Gray Fox as he is a really interesting character

- Stars The Boss prior to 3 as she's awesome and story and gameplay wise it would be a fitting choice

- Is a remake of Metal Gear 1 and 2 put together and redone to fit modern continuity

Any of those would be great ideas. Personally, I think all the Snakes have had their time to shine including Raiden. It would be nice if they expanded upon already existing lore (rather than throw in a new character) or at least have Solid in his prime and do the first two Metal Gears as those need to be revisited eventually.

Good choices. If I could get one done it would need to be the MSX remakes.

Although playing as a young Frank Yeager and then the game changes into you playing as the Ninja would be a game of epic proportions.

I hope they throw us a bone and give us a Gray Fox skin in MGR. Gray Fox > Raiden like I even needed to state it :monkey3

Raiden was already a boring uninteresting character in MGS2 and MGS4 it made ZERO sense at all to make him the brooding emo ******. He's the worst protagonist in the series.

It would be pretty sweet if you could play the Shadow Moses incident from the Ninja's point of view.

I was just thinking that too. I mean he was the Ninja for a few years before that and the last section of the game could be that with a REX boss battle at the end. Maybe a what if ending that he destroys REX and Snake doesn't?

I do agree that the Snakes have had a lot of time in the sun, but Solid Snake's past needs to have more exposure and should be the next main title.

I don't know... I just feel as if MGS should have ended a long time ago :D. I hated MGS 4, but it was a finale nonetheless. It would be cool if Kojima concentrated on expanding the ZOE universe a bit more. Other than the two games for the PS2, it's a franchise that's been blatantly neglected, and forgotten in the course of time - with the exception of the long overdue HD Collection that's set for release this fall.

As far as I'm concerned, we don't really need a MGS 5, a Peace Walker 2, or whatever else that's planned. At this point, Konami is just milking the MGS cash cow as much as they can. But from a business standpoint, I don't really blame them, since MGS is practically their only successful video game series :lol.

I don't know... I just feel as if MGS should have ended a long time ago :D. I hated MGS 4, but it was a finale nonetheless. It would be cool if Kojima concentrated on expanding the ZOE universe a bit more. Other than the two games for the PS2, it's a franchise that's been blatantly neglected, and forgotten in the course of time - with the exception of the long overdue HD Collection that's set for release this fall.

As far as I'm concerned, we don't really need a MGS 5, a Peace Walker 2, or whatever else that's planned. At this point, Konami is just milking the MGS cash cow as much as they can. But from a business standpoint, I don't really blame them, since MGS is practically their only successful video game series :lol.

Your right about that, the Silent Hill games are tanking the last time I checked.

Well ZOE 3 is in the works and is a prequel to the Jehuty story.

I just wish Kojima would venture into a brand new story of his own.

Well nobody has gotten REX yet but he does come with the minifig through Bambaland and will most likely have exclusive boxart. Although some retailers might be carrying the Bambaland exclusive REX.

We MIGHT hear something Friday since it's the last day of the estimated ship month but I doubt it. It most likely will be shipped mid to late September and no later.

I honestly think we won't get it until Oct. I hope your right. The wait is so :gah:

Correction, according to the SS Newsletter its now Oct for them. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well Bambaland will probably ship out SOMETIME in September but who the hell knows with Ash. He hasn't said **** about REX in months.

Correction, according to the SS Newsletter its now Oct for them. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Actually the newsletter from SS that I just got now says November for the 3A Rex. Sucks. This is my first 3A piece but I've heard they are notorious for shipping pieces really late.

Actually the newsletter from SS that I just got now says November for the 3A Rex. Sucks. This is my first 3A piece but I've heard they are notorious for shipping pieces really late.

It's a lot of people's first 3A piece including me. Buying from 3A is great because there is always exclusives that retailers may not get. But paying upfront for something that gets delayed over and over is not good business.

I ordered from Sideshow. The wait till November sounds pretty good - that will be when the last flex payment is scheduled. In the mean time, my wallet needs a rest :lol.

At least this wait gives me time to pay off all my domestic orders. I don't mind paying up front, it's like it's free when you recevei it! :p

One of the 3A support staff said on Twitter REX is shipping Mid September. So two more weeks and it's FINALLY GOING OUT!!! GREAT NEWS!!!

"Hello. I will be able to comment more about MGS REX shipping in September (closer to the mid-September actually)."

Source: https://twitter.com/3Asupport

Last edited:
Back