Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i was thinking, it seems that play arts keeps three mg figures seen at a time. as one comes out theres a preorder for another while theres "leaks" of the new figure theyre working on. so i assume when meryl comes out in the next week or so shortly after well see some unfinished stuff. preorders on solidus are around and im sure preorders on mgr raiden are comin soon too. my thoughts are that they will continue on with all the main two or three characters in in each game before they do any other side characters. that being said it has to be raiden mgs 2 and snake to be next before they move on. just seems to make sense. i cant wait theyll be a guaranteed preorder for me.

so i was thinking, it seems that play arts keeps three mg figures seen at a time. as one comes out theres a preorder for another while theres "leaks" of the new figure theyre working on. so i assume when meryl comes out in the next week or so shortly after well see some unfinished stuff. preorders on solidus are around and im sure preorders on mgr raiden are comin soon too. my thoughts are that they will continue on with all the main two or three characters in in each game before they do any other side characters. that being said it has to be raiden mgs 2 and snake to be next before they move on. just seems to make sense. i cant wait theyll be a guaranteed preorder for me.

Meryl is definitely not coming out this month. Expect it in October since all sellers on eBay have that as their ETA and it would land on eBay before anywhere else.

yeah overseas. all the stores say end of august or beginning of september. honestly i dont know why we would have to wait longer. whats taking so long? shes the most basic figure in the line net to kaz. the fn thing should have come out already. i wish one would come out every other month. they got my money anyhow. pump em out play arts!!! btw i just sold my bayonetta kai figures this morning!:yess::clap:hi5::rotfl

So who has the 3A REX PO'ed? I got mine through a buddy I work with who has a 3AA membership so I got the 15% off discount.

I know there is a lot of hate on the Kojima photos that show that ugly green REX. But from they have been saying over on the 3A board that it's camera saturation but the one 3A show they had earlier in the year I believe had a might lighter green. Here is a picture of REX from that show.

original.jpg

Also the one moderator of the 3A board got in contact again with one of the REX engineers and gave him a list of questions we had concerning REX.

Bare in mind, there is a langauge barrier since he's from Hong Kong.

1) Removable armor plates on REX

not less than 20 pcs.

we need to base on the damage version of the drawing from Konami, so just the damaged area can be removable. we will attach a construction sheet to show the customer how to play with it.

panels are connected with pinholes & tubes.

2) Upper lip of the front cockpit now can light up

3) Lights on REX

both side of it's eyes, cockpit inside & lazer cannon. it's hard to tell with 'how many', just only the lazer cannon, we use 35 LED to work for the effect.

4) Where are the switches and battery ports for the lights?

lazer cannon - battery case at the end of the cannon, right hand side. button on the top with the on/off switch at the bottom of the lazer cannon.
head lights and cockpit-battery case and on/off switch are both under its chin.

5) Can REX stand on his own without any support?

yes, that is one of the most challenging mechanism that i needed to solve. It can stand with his own even fully extended. Of cos it need some patient to find the balancing point.

6) How much / far does the mouth/cockpit open up? Also how tight is joint used for the mouth? Is it lockable? What kind of joints are used for the jaws of Rex?

As seen on display at Re-Venture. Mouth is operated: using clutch joint. The final product will be more firm than you saw in RVHK one. Not lockable.

I had thrown out the question #2 since of all the LEDs that one was not shown at all, and technically is the only canon light on REX, and the two smaller lights directly to the side of it on it's gum line.

I PO'd and paid mine when it went up for sale on ThreeA. I have been waiting for months now. He needs to come ASAP to the states.

i most certainly do! making my last sideshow flex pay on sept. 25th. i cant wait. hey did yours come with the minifig and cool box???

Well nobody has gotten REX yet but he does come with the minifig through Bambaland and will most likely have exclusive boxart. Although some retailers might be carrying the Bambaland exclusive REX.

I PO'd and paid mine when it went up for sale on ThreeA. I have been waiting for months now. He needs to come ASAP to the states.

We MIGHT hear something Friday since it's the last day of the estimated ship month but I doubt it. It most likely will be shipped mid to late September and no later.

Tomorrow is the big show where Kojima will apparently make an announcement which will 'shake the gaming industry.' He has tweeted pics of Play Arts' prototypes lined up ready for display at this show. And will HT try to capitalise on it by teasing the next figure?

Hell no. Another opportunity wasted, just like Celebration 6 last week.

Tomorrow is the big show where Kojima will apparently make an announcement which will 'shake the gaming industry.' He has tweeted pics of Play Arts' prototypes lined up ready for display at this show. And will HT try to capitalise on it by teasing the next figure?

Hell no. Another opportunity wasted, just like Celebration 6 last week.

Telling us were stuck as playing as Big Boss in MGS5 will not shake anything up. Just another boring story with Big Boss.

Well nobody has gotten REX yet but he does come with the minifig through Bambaland and will most likely have exclusive boxart. Although some retailers might be carrying the Bambaland exclusive REX.

We MIGHT hear something Friday since it's the last day of the estimated ship month but I doubt it. It most likely will be shipped mid to late September and no later.

im in no hurry at all. :panic:

Telling us were stuck as playing as Big Boss in MGS5 will not shake anything up. Just another boring story with Big Boss.

It's been like that for the last 8 years since MGS 3. Even in MGS 4, Big Boss had to show is face for the last 20 minutes. Not enough Soridu Suneku :monkey4.

It's been like that for the last 8 years since MGS 3. Even in MGS 4, Big Boss had to show is face for the last 20 minutes. Not enough Soridu Suneku :monkey4.

I would rather play as Solidus lol. It's a damn shame he's dead, I really enjoyed him in MGS2. The only villian above him is Liquid, who in my opinion is the best in the series.

While the teaser shown for konami recruitment featured art of BigBoss, there's still a good chance the next game will feature Solid Snake.
Kojima did say in a resent interview that he's not done with Solid yet, i just hope they bring back his awesome charcter that he was in MGS1 and 2

While the teaser shown for konami recruitment featured art of BigBoss, there's still a good chance the next game will feature Solid Snake.
Kojima did say in a resent interview that he's not done with Solid yet, i just hope they bring back his awesome charcter that he was in MGS1 and 2

Solid Snake is definitely coming back since this was a recent drawing of Snake done by Yoji.

I wonder if MGS5 is actually the remake of MGS1 that Koji Pro wanted to do.

Solid Snake is definitely coming back since this was a recent drawing of Snake done by Yoji.

I wonder if MGS5 is actually the remake of MGS1 that Koji Pro wanted to do.

Not likely. I doubt that KojiPro will want to mess with MGS 1 just yet - that's like changing the entire series from scratch, and something as drastic as that, will piss off the entire fan-base, if they're not careful. It's probably just a remake of the original "Metal Gear". They'll test the waters, and give people time to adjust to the new storyline before tampering with MGS 1 (that's even if they decide to re-make it).

Not likely. I doubt that KojiPro will want to mess with MGS 1 just yet - that's like changing the entire series from scratch, and something as drastic as that, will piss off the entire fan-base, if they're not careful. It's probably just a remake of the original "Metal Gear". They'll test the waters, and give people time to adjust to the new storyline before tampering with MGS 1 (that's even if they decide to re-make it).

Oh I don't expect it being MGS5, they wouldn't number a remake as MGS5 anyway. But it was mentioned by Koji Pro a year ago that they wanted to do another remake. I really just hope that it's not Big Boss returning again.

From all the Fox Engine screens, it looks like Big Boss without the Bandana and if you played Peace Walker you would know that at the end of it he stops wearing it.

Back