Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Ninja Collection :)
IMG_4192.jpg

And for fun Version Red meets Version Zero
IMG_4194.jpg

Last edited:
Damn I didn't, I ordered it through an LCS, and I'm in Canada which means a bit later as well. Getting the Sideshow version cause I had a pile of store credit with this place.

Damn I didn't, I ordered it through an LCS, and I'm in Canada which means a bit later as well. Getting the Sideshow version cause I had a pile of store credit with this place.

You miss out on the Snake pilot if you didn't 3A pre order too. We haven't seen a painted version yet but it's Old Snake from MGS4. Though I don't think that's even the Snake were getting in the final product.

You miss out on the Snake pilot if you didn't 3A pre order too. We haven't seen a painted version yet but it's Old Snake from MGS4. Though I don't think that's even the Snake were getting in the final product.

It's not Snake in the traditional sense, but a generic pilot, or an "Ash" version of Snake. You can do without it, if you don't really like Ashley Wood's art work.

It's not Snake in the traditional sense, but a generic pilot, or an "Ash" version of Snake. You can do without it, if you don't really like Ashley Wood's art work.

Yeah it's a 3A style Snake. So I'm guessing it will be that abstract look... that I think is ____ with 3A human figs.

Although the photos of the prototype pilot were Old Snake unpainted.

My Ninja Collection :)
IMG_4192.jpg

And for fun Version Red meets Version Zero
IMG_4194.jpg

That's a nice exclusive,didn't know they were doing one this year.I see on ebay it sells for alot more than Big Boss did.I still have my Big Boss Zero,it's a nice one.

Yeah it's a 3A style Snake. So I'm guessing it will be that abstract look... that I think is ____ with 3A human figs.

Although the photos of the prototype pilot were Old Snake unpainted.

Honestly though, I'd rather have Liquid piloting the REX than Old Snake. I'm not a big fan of the battle damaged REX from MGS 4, so I could do without the generic pilot.

But with that said, I wonder how hard it'll be to make my own Liquid Snake pilot figure for REX's cockpit :monkey1.

Since they included the pieces needed to do both the MGS1 and MGS4 version they probably should have included Liquid as well.

Since they included the pieces needed to do both the MGS1 and MGS4 version they probably should have included Liquid as well.

Yeah, but they won't do that. I could care less about Old Snake, and I have no intention of displaying the battle damaged REX, sans rail gun, from MGS 4.

Oh okay I remember this image. Totally forgot about it! It was so long ago, I thought they might have changed the pilot or that was just a placeholder prototype pilot since they haven't revealed anything else about it recently.

Well they can't even use that sculpt anymore. It has to be a Ashley Wood styled Snake, which I think is kind of stupid seeing that the rest of the figure is as source accurate as you can get.

Well they can't even use that sculpt anymore. It has to be a Ashley Wood styled Snake, which I think is kind of stupid seeing that the rest of the figure is as source accurate as you can get.

That's probably the way Ashley Wood wanted it, though. REX is already based on Shinkawa's designs, and I'm guessing that Wood was interested in adding his own personal touch, by including a small, original art piece (the miniature figure).

That's probably the way Ashley Wood wanted it, though. REX is already based on Shinkawa's designs, and I'm guessing that Wood was interested in adding his own personal touch, by including a small, original art piece (the miniature figure).

Well the thing is that his style is already official MGS as seen in the interactive novels and in the PSP games. I'm not sure if this is going to be like that or supposed to be more like a ThreeA styled thing. Either way I hope they are able to do more with the MGS license. I can't rely on Hot Toys much it would be cool to see some 1/6 MGS stuff that is done like Ashley Woods style when he handled the games. Those would look so sick.

Hey guys, Comic-Con seems like such a long time ago now, but I was able to grab some cool Metal Gear Stuff for my collection there. I bought all the stuff from the Konami booth except for the red Ninja figures, which the Square-Enix booth had. Hope you enjoy.

I wanted this case since the first day I saw it on this forum, but could never find it. It was the 1st thing I bought from Konami booth. It was expensive though at $120.
369bf1f8.jpg

Yoji Shinkawa Metal Gear Post Cards. Post cards can be displayed within the cardboard frame as individual art.
cfa04415.jpg

a7884ea3.jpg

8350ac68.jpg

a211cb82.jpg

4e184fe6.jpg

Spiffy Solid Snake pin:
70dfb79d.jpg

Solid Snake pin along w/ free pins for my patronage:
d1a9d958.jpg

Was able to snag the Play Arts Cocoon, Zeke, Basilisk and The Red Ninjas too. All at retail to boot =D.
8ec5094e.jpg

Konami at SDCC has always had cool little things and this year did not disappoint.

Last edited:
Back