Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm...did you mean that Solid Snake is a Big Boss clone. I mean Big Boss aka (Naked) Snake was an "ordinary" man, although CIA black ops operative and former green beret. Not trying to be saucy. I just thought that have I really missed something important :D I haven't played portable ops.

No he means Big Boss is a Solid Snake clone, albiet a less cool SolidSnake. They just copied SolidSnake to make the young BigBoss because of the backlash of MGS2 with playing as Raiden

Personally I found Naked Snake and MGS3 to be the most interesting and best game respectively. They did poorly with him in Peace Walker and Portable Ops, but within MGS3 he was truly awesome. Same with in MGS4. I wouldn't mind more Big Boss so long as they do him right. Same with Solid Snake though. Honestly, I wasn't a fan of the whole aging then when it was announced and I still am not. They really need to just remake MG 1 and 2 with modern visuals and style. Let us enjoy classic Solid Snake and see Big Boss as the antagonist. The two games don't really fit into the continuity well anymore anyway. They need to be updated.

While i do like BigBoss on the first play through of MGS3 i couldn't shake the feeling that he's just a Snake imposter. While he was an interesting character in 3 you are right they didn' hande him well in the sequels. Neither Solid in MGS4, The best Character is Solid in MGS1-2.

A very interesting and mysterious character that showed true character development of which i haven't seen in the likes of Video games since

While i do like BigBoss on the first play through of MGS3 i couldn't shake the feeling that he's just a Snake imposter. While he was an interesting character in 3 you are right they didn' hande him well in the sequels. Neither Solid in MGS4, The best Character is Solid in MGS1-2.

A very interesting and mysterious character that showed true character development of which i haven't seen in the likes of Video games since

:exactly: I couldn't agree more. The character development for Solid Snake in MGS 1 and 2 was executed very well. Even at the end of MGS 4, there was still a lot of mystery surrounding the character to make him interesting.

Big Boss is just too over-exposed at this point in time. I can't get over the fact, that while he may have started off as a hero in MGS 3, he slowly degenerated into a power-hungry maniac, hell bent on taking down the civilized world. Solid Snake was manipulated by the Patriots for his entire life, but he didn't go crying over it like emo Big Boss. He sucked it up, and refused to go down the same path of destruction as Big Boss and his brothers. Solid Snake is the true hero, the true legend of the series.

:exactly: I couldn't agree more. The character development for Solid Snake in MGS 1 and 2 was executed very well. Even at the end of MGS 4, there was still a lot of mystery surrounding the character to make him interesting.

Big Boss is just too over-exposed at this point in time. I can't get over the fact, that while he may have started off as a hero in MGS 3, he slowly degenerated into a power-hungry maniac, hell bent on taking down the civilized world. Solid Snake was manipulated by the Patriots for his entire life, but he didn't go crying over it like emo Big Boss. He sucked it up, and refused to go down the same path of destruction as Big Boss and his brothers. Solid Snake is the true hero, the true legend of the series.

As much as I love MGS, I think after the first one, it went downhill.

MGS2 I didnt like Raiden or the story. Loved the start, and I wish they kept the bit where you had to get off the ship, but fight your way off. I remember the trailers where it was slowly filling up and your fighting the russians in the pantry with Famas. I sorely missed that. Could finish Snakes part in what, 30-40 minuets?

MGS3 was great, loved the scenario, the camo, hunger and wounds. But Big Boss felt abit.... Naff in a sense. It literally was just Solid Snake in the 60's, like back to the future kind of thing.

MGS4 disapointed me most. It felt like they rushed to end the franchise. Gameplay was awsome, it was really fluid, functional and worked. But it just felt like there shouldve been a game between MGS2 and MGS4. It jumped far too forward for my liking. Its like, last time we saw snake, he was what, early 30's? now the accelerated aging has put him into his 60's, but it feels like we missed a game, a story inbetween the two games for Snake. I dont know how to explain it. It just felt like we missed a whole chunk of Snakes life. I mean we went from snake coming to his peak in MGS2, experience, gruff awsomeness, then suddenly we get the next game and hes practically dead.

Totally man. I actually like the games in order of release.

MGS1>MGS2>MGS3>MGS4.

Im still confused as to why soo many people think MGS3 is the best in every way when it clearly isn't.

BigBoss character was cool enough in MGS3. A decent Origin story to show what started his anger toward government but im very disappointed to see thats the only reason.
The whole motivation for the Patriots is totally weak-sauce

MGS1>MGS2>MGS3>MGS4.

Im still confused as to why soo many people think MGS3 is the best in every way when it clearly isn't.

BigBoss character was cool enough in MGS3. A decent Origin story to show what started his anger toward government but im very disappointed to see thats the only reason.
The whole motivation for the Patriots is totally weak-sauce

I definitely need to go with that order too. MGS2 has so much unneeded hate, in terms of it's over the top plot and breaking the fourth wall it's still awesome.

I just checked the tracking on my Red Ninja, I'm actually going to get it today!! So I will throw some pictures up of it later today when I get it.

MGS1>MGS2>MGS3>MGS4.

And I'm confused why anyone can actually like MGS2. So there you have it. We are evenly confused :D

It's matter of taste.

But what comes to mgs toys, I haven't got that cyborg ninja and seems to me that the toystore in question has once again f:ed my order. Most likely after keeping me waiting another few weeks, they tell me that they can't actually get the damn toy.

And I'm confused why anyone can actually like MGS2. So there you have it. We are evenly confused :D

It's matter of taste.

But what comes to mgs toys, I haven't got that cyborg ninja and seems to me that the toystore in question has once again f:ed my order. Most likely after keeping me waiting another few weeks, they tell me that they can't actually get the damn toy.

Personally, MGS1-3-4-2

2, As Snake its great. Raiden sucks. It wasnt that Raiden was a bad character, and it was cool fighting alongside snake. But it was just the Shell was such a bore and was very samey.

Still has the best opening to a videogame ever, and the intro music video as the game starts up, is the best ever.

In terms of the story, I think MGS2 beats them all. It was the biggest step in terms of the plot. MGS3 was a dumbed down plot, and MGS4 was awful and lazy.

In terms of the story, I think MGS2 beats them all. It was the biggest step in terms of the plot. MGS3 was a dumbed down plot, and MGS4 was awful and lazy.

Agreed.

TO be honest, my favourite game is Twin Snakes. That was just, perfect. And although MGS2 main theme was amazing, It still doesnt beat The Best is yet to come. Thats hauntingly beautiful

Agreed.

TO be honest, my favourite game is Twin Snakes. That was just, perfect. And although MGS2 main theme was amazing, It still doesnt beat The Best is yet to come. Thats hauntingly beautiful

You just called Twin Snakes your favorite game... you should start running for cover right now...

BTW I got my red ninja and his arm broke after trying to bend it at the elbow. I guess I'm out 130$ and 200$ to replace it :slap

Though I might part his spare head out to recoup the money.

____ that man. Get thought to square customer care or something!!

@Fernando

TwinSnakes, really? Ill forgive you if you never played the PS1 version

____ that man. Get thought to square customer care or something!!

@Fernando

TwinSnakes, really? Ill forgive you if you never played the PS1 version

Where do you contact them? And do they have a history of replacing figures?

EDIT I'm guessing it's this? https://support.na.square-enix.com/

I just messaged them. Hopefully they can do it and all I need to do is pay for shipping...

Last edited:

Man If you haven't played the PS1 version of MGS1, you have to do it right now!!

The Twin Snakes is one of the worst remake ever made, the only thing that is good its the gameplay because it's a copy paste form the MGS2...

The soundtrack is horrible compared to the MGS1, It has a lot of silly situations on the cinematics that wasn't in the original version, etc.

Man If you haven't played the PS1 version of MGS1, you have to do it right now!!

The Twin Snakes is one of the worst remake ever made, the only thing that is good its the gameplay because it's a copy paste form the MGS2...

The soundtrack is horrible compared to the MGS1, It has a lot of silly situations on the cinematics that wasn't in the original version, etc.

lol course ive played the original MGS1, it was one of the first games I ever played. Still got my original copy and the VR missions.

I prefer it over the PS1 version simply because its the MGS2 engine. I know the audio was re-recorded and it wasnt the original Grey Fox, and I know Naomi doesnt have the british accent and Mei Ling the chinese accent, yeah some dramatisations, but I enjoyed playing it more because it was more playable. Still play it time to time. Its like the MGS HD pack; I find it hard to play sometimes because of the controls. No crouch-movement is just so infuriating nowdays that I just cant play 2 or 3 anymore as much as I adore them, its just so god damn frustrating after playing MGS4 and other modern games. Makes you appreciate the limitations of the previous generations though.

lol course ive played the original MGS1, it was one of the first games I ever played. Still got my original copy and the VR missions.

I prefer it over the PS1 version simply because its the MGS2 engine. I know the audio was re-recorded and it wasnt the original Grey Fox, and I know Naomi doesnt have the british accent and Mei Ling the chinese accent, yeah some dramatisations, but I enjoyed playing it more because it was more playable. Still play it time to time. Its like the MGS HD pack; I find it hard to play sometimes because of the controls. No crouch-movement is just so infuriating nowdays that I just cant play 2 or 3 anymore as much as I adore them, its just so god damn frustrating after playing MGS4 and other modern games. Makes you appreciate the limitations of the previous generations though.

You like it more than the PS1 based on the gaming engine? How about you tell us how AWESOME Call of Dootie is?

I can't even stomach Twin Snakes... everything was ____ed up in it...

I am surprised Twin Snakes is even in the conversation of "best MGS game".. :lol

I thought it was like Portable Ops.. Worthy of a mention to make a point, but not to be considered as up there with the best.

The gameplay of MGS2 with the FPS perspective made the game WAY too easy, it was broken and didn't pose a challenge at all.

And the fact you start with a massive healthbar...

You like it more than the PS1 based on the gaming engine? How about you tell us how AWESOME Call of Dootie is?

I can't even stomach Twin Snakes... everything was ____ed up in it...

ROFL. Call of duty is pretty epic. Well, last one I played was.... oh wait..... I havnt played it since modern Warfare....:slap

Twin Snakes and MGS1 are about the same thing in my eyes. I didnt mind the changes, i prefered the game engine, voilla.

Only the same as prefering REmake GC to RE1 on the PS1. Same game, loads added/changed, better gameplay and graphics. Dont see the problem the usual MGS elitists have. Its not like I never played the series from the beginning too :dunno

Back