Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So being extremely slow...
...I've almost made my Old Snake.
Built of Medicom on heavily cut JXtoys S01 Male Asian Muscular Narrow Shoulders body. Pretty cool!

Fkjhr060nv.jpg

And suddenly the head-sculpt problem raised in all it's glory.
Medicom is a NO-NO.

photo_2018-12-04_15-49-44.jpg

Can anyone give me an advice here? Would be very helpful.
I heard Sean Dabbs made some nice heads, but not sure if it's still available.

Last edited:
So being extremely slow...
...I've almost made my Old Snake.
Built of Medicom on heavily cut JXToys JX-01 Asia body. Pretty cool!

View attachment 435143

And suddenly the head-sculpt problem raised in all it's glory.
Medicom is a NO-NO.

View attachment 435144

Can anyone give me an advice here? Would be very helpful.
I heard Sean Dabbs made some nice heads, but not sure if it's still available.
That's pretty cool man, fantastic job, did you cut the new body in some way?

Looking forward to see that custom old snake finished [emoji106].

That's pretty cool man, fantastic job, did you cut the new body in some way?
Looking forward to see that custom old snake finished [emoji106].
Thank!

Yes, I actually cut the body pretty hard. It was a mess. I kinda regret that I did no photos. But it's there forever now.
I removed almost all the torso rubber, cut many muscles off hands and legs. And had to extend it's legs.

GBgaPyT8Tq.jpg

But it fits great! It's one amazingly engineered new body and it's very good in holding joints tight. So this rubber dummy can actually hold poses now. I really love the jointless suit design from MGS4 and it was very important to me to build this figure without visible seams. I kinda like this Medicom set. But the head and the original body are crap.

And getting the head is a trouble now.
Still some help needed, fellows!

Terras007, you should just cut the neck down. Then you can fit the original head.
Not sure if Terras007 is going to make it. )))))

I wouldn't do that
Agree, my friend. It is absolutely worthless. This head is just too small.

Last edited:
Thank!

Yes, I actually cut the body pretty hard. It was a mess. I kinda regret that I did no photos. But it's there forever now.
I removed almost all the torso rubber, cut many muscles off hands and legs. And had to extend it's legs.

View attachment 435190

But it fits great! It's one amazingly engineered new body and it's very good in holding joints tight. So this rubber dummy can actually hold poses now. I really love the jointless suit design from MGS4 and it was very important to me to build this figure without visible seams. I kinda like this Medicom set. But the head and the original body are crap.

And getting the head is a trouble now.
Still some help needed, fellows!

Not sure if Terras007 is going to make it. )))))

Agree, my friend. It is absolutely worthless. This head is just too small.

it seems you picked the wrong colortone. you choose Tanned (which is default color for most bodies). should be pale to match the head.

Fair point guys. If it is the case you won't find a head, it would be better than nothing. I am in the process of doing the same with my old snake.

Unless you are lucky, you can find a Anmur/dabs head on the second hand market.

The guy who made CQC's mk2 makes lots 1/6 heads and bits. He has a Octo camo head if I remember.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Here is mine.........
8e448d8d1ef8673157be0b29cd7da69e.jpg
What a lovely-lovely MKII! :pray:
Awesome figures you have there. And I really like the olive Octo version.

What's the origin of this MKII? I guess it's 3D printing. Would you kindly give me a trail on this?

it seems you picked the wrong colortone. you choose Tanned (which is default color for most bodies). should be pale to match the head.

It's the least of my troubles, the neck tone is easy to fix. The main problem is head, I have nothing yet and still don't know what to search and whom to ask.

The guy who made CQC's mk2 makes lots 1/6 heads and bits. He has a Octo camo head if I remember.

Yeah, the Octo head is not so hard to find. Haven't seen the Old Snake thou. (((
I was thinking about making the custom head of Clint Eastwood. But still it won't be Snake. It is possible to mod the Medicom head to fit this neck, but it's god damn small. It's just small with any 1\6 scale figures. And it would look ridiculous with other figures.

So the head bothers me. Snif-snif. :panic:

There was a Chinese website that does a couple of old snake head sculpts without the bandana. Old warrior it was called. I’ll try to find that site when I’m back from vacation next week

Venom snake. This isn't the LIM toys version, it's the other one. It's pretty good quality and a bit cheaper in price.
1e2ddd6c1f30ae3dfa9242c40397f09e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back