Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is set to become the crown jewel of any MGS fan's collection. When I see it in person, I wouldn't doubt if I decide the Hot Toys stuff won't even be worth it in comparison :lol

Again me and some progress on my customs. :)

Here's an update on my Solid Snake from Sons of Liberty.

Changed the bodysuit with a triad one that i modified and redye to get that kinda blueish grey colour.

I got the head form cloudfilter some times ago for a naked snake and thought the feature looked exactly like Snake in mgs2.
I modded the hair by adding the one from the inflames big boss.

Still some pouches and stuff to add but it's coming there.

P1010911.jpg

P1010912.jpg

P1010913.jpg

and made some changes to my Naked Snake.
Sculpted an eyepatch and upgraded some gear.

P1010919.jpg

P1010921.jpg

Awesome custome, SO WANT HT :monkey2

This is set to become the crown jewel of any MGS fan's collection. When I see it in person, I wouldn't doubt if I decide the Hot Toys stuff won't even be worth it in comparison :lol

:exactly: the long wait begins.

well for those still on the fence you have just over an hour and a half to make a purchase then you will have to wait for sideshow etc to sell it. :peace

Yeah generally Sideshow's price is the same price as the Bambaland price before shipping. So I would expect it to be $490 on Sideshow plus whatever shipping cost.

Oh I see. If that's the case, why on earth would anybody want to get it from SS? - Unless you have enough points to cover the extra shipping +? Even that sounds like a waste..

Well the paying up front is an issue for some, with Sideshow you don't get charged until it ships unlike Bambaland where you have to pay up front for the pre-order.

And as you note some people are already invested in the Sideshow rewards system. I generally don't order from Sideshow myself since even with the rewards points counted as a discount you still end up paying about 5-10% more than you would if you ordered from somewhere else. Sometimes I do order from Sideshow though if it's an exclusive I really want.

Well the paying up front is an issue for some, with Sideshow you don't get charged until it ships unlike Bambaland where you have to pay up front for the pre-order..

Well i coudn't miss this and since neither 3A nor Sideshow would give an answer to if they'd be carrying it i had to get the money together, hopefully it works out the best choice

The Play Arts team were on the latest (Jpn)HideoBlog.
Quoting Touya from the FFMerch forums

For the most part, I couldn't understand XD XD
But as expected, the Red Gray Fox variant will be an limited/exclusive deal, should be available at Paris' Japan Expo & other events.

They were throwing around names like Old Snake, MGS2 Raiden. Otacon, Psycho Mantis & the BB Unit (Hideo's co-host is Raven's model)... probably just discussing possibilities but I'm not sure if they had early prototypes/photos in hand or something (there were sounds of papers or wrappers when they mentioned some of these names

Sounds ace, Im up for whatever they throw at me!

Also another pic f Revengance proto
hideraji0302.jpg

My personal hope is for Vamp, but I know that's super low on any list of priorities and fairly unlikely.

Well the paying up front is an issue for some, with Sideshow you don't get charged until it ships unlike Bambaland where you have to pay up front for the pre-order.

And as you note some people are already invested in the Sideshow rewards system. I generally don't order from Sideshow myself since even with the rewards points counted as a discount you still end up paying about 5-10% more than you would if you ordered from somewhere else. Sometimes I do order from Sideshow though if it's an exclusive I really want.

Payment was the same issue for me as well. Even though Bamabaland and ThreeA are reputable, I don't like having to pay for something that I won't have in the near future. With Sideshow, they'll charge you only when your item is ready to be shipped out.

In any case, it's fantastic news that Sideshow will be getting REX, even though the price will be more expensive when shipping charges are included. I'm glad that Konami and ThreeA have decided to distribute it more widely to other retailers as well. Hopefully, they'll make enough of these to go around to fulfill as many pre-orders that they receive before the shipping date in August.

I'm really, really looking forward to this! Waiting for more news from Sideshow.

Back