Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the feedback regarding scale guys :) maybe I will keep the kotos then. Also, thats a fiiine Baws you got there Jedi
,!

Rex is actually 1:30 something scale because thats what size figs fit in there. I remeber when i made my liquid figure. Not sure where 3a got the scale they were advertising.

Well, there's actually some scale discrepancy between the cockpit and the figure itself. I remember from the ThreeA forum, they said that they had to make REX's cockpit slightly larger, for balancing issues. I'm guessing that the cockpit is 1/30 and the rest of the figure is 1/48.

I don't know how that works really, because the figure looks almost prefect in proportion, when compared to Shinkawa's art work.

Here's what I was talking about with the head -

Right side:

View attachment 162044

Left side:

View attachment 162045

The left side of the face around the eyeslit is convex, for some reason. At first I thought it was just mine and I'd been unlucky with the QC, but looking through pics on Google Images they're all like this.

Other than that, not bad if you can get the hips to work properly.

I just checked all mine and they're all good, like both sides are the same, flat on both sides, I'll try to snap a pic laturz.

I really wish Hot Toys would hurry the **** up with their Raiden so I can decide which one to get before the Gecco figure's prices get absurd on the aftermarket.

I'm getting both. I originally was only getting the HT version, but the Gecco is too much of awesome.

get them both and sell the one you dont want, worst case scenario is you make money when they go for absurd prices.

Or you could do that too.

Not really been to interested in the HT Rising version of Raiden, picked up the white PAK as it came with the game but apart from that i'm not too bothered.
Think I may even favour the crappy Medicom one, design wise.

Back