Metal Gear Solid 4 Game Thread - Spoilers Inside

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it took me somewhere between 17 to 19 i believe, and thats with like 60 continues and a s^^^ load of alerts. i dont know if cinimatics count in the time but i know codec calls do. but you are awarded though aparently when you do get the boss face camo all enemies run in terror when they see you

ok so i'm going for my second play through...do i just start a new game or load the last save from the first time??? i want to use all my old stuff from the first play. i know you don't get anything until you meet up with Otacon's MK2.

^^^both. stealth is highly recommended though. especially on the harder difficulties.

cool, i played the last MGSs but i started losing interest with creeping around. the story line is what gets me to play. i expect this story is just as good as usual. i do not have a ps3 so i will prob never know.

Only gotten to play about an hour so far but I'm liking it. I like just shooting the ^^^^ outta everyone. I have enough ammo to take down a tank so I'm just gunning. Screw stealth. Who am I, Sam Fisher?

Only gotten to play about an hour so far but I'm liking it. I like just shooting the ^^^^ outta everyone. I have enough ammo to take down a tank so I'm just gunning. Screw stealth. Who am I, Sam Fisher?

i'm the same way, it's the only way I can really enjoy it....i do try stealth in some parts though.

what's the deal with all the pooping and farting....once is enough for a chuckle after that it's lame imho.

everytime i play as sam fisher and i begin trying to sneak i ask myself a simular simular question, who am i solid snake.

What an ending! The fist fight was epic! I am starting to think that we could use real movies in between gameplay. 45 minutes is a long ending and I would rather watch people than anime. Great game though! The music at the end brought it home.

Lets go guys. Damn I thought I would come in here and get all of your thoughts about the end.

I liked the ending up until Big Boss made an impromptu appearance at the very end. It felt heavy-handed and I just wanted it to end. I just kept wishing Big Boss would hurry up and die already without the 10-15 minutes of monologue (Snake didn't say much of anything!). This is supposed to be SOLID/OLD Snakes ending, not ^^^^ing Big Boss's ending. We thought his body had been destroyed in the fire, and it was shocking. To give us the twist at the end is just lame.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the extra exposition at the end to clarify the fate of both Zero and The Patriots, but it could have been carried out a whole lot better.

Oh, yeah, Snake not shooting himself at the graveyard = total cop-out. Big Boss shows up: "Btw Snake, you no longer have the mutated Foxdie virus in ya because of the new Foxdie virus in ya. That means you won't have to sacrifice your life in the most meaningful way to save the lives of countless people! Now you get to live the rest of your life in total happiness! I just popped out of nowhere to give you that nugget of info! Good thing you didn't shoot yourself in the head, huh? LOLZ"

Total F-ing cop out. Undermines the drama present throughout the whole second half of the damn game.

I'm not saying I wanted Snake to die, but I am saying that his death would have had so much more weight and gravitas than what was actually presented in the game.

There. End rant. The rest of the game = awesome. 9.5/10 score from me.

the final battle with liquid topped it for me though, it couldnt have been better,

i really think snake should have died though, it would have been so heroic and a definite end to the game, him living on was just a rehash of the mgs1 ending, we heard all that before.

in the vista mansion when naomi told snake he had three months before he came contagious and foxdie would only die with him, my heart literally broke and it just gave the race to get liquid even more oomph.

i just felt it built up his pain, agony and sorrow to it's saddest point and then he's suddenly gonna be fine,
i hoped he was gonna die, so he was finally at peace.
im not sure if id like another metal gear game with solid snake, nothing could top guns of the patriots. it almost had me emotional at points...

raidens reunion with rose at the end was so uncomfortable also.
again, i think with the sacrifices he made during the game would have ^^^^ed him up too much to just go back to a normal life, i just just couldnt believe that.

i wanted otacon and mei ling to get together, but alas.

what a journey, and who knew that snake eater played a bigger part in the entire solid snake saga than at first thought!

shadow moses was incredible, from the dream he had in the chopper to the snow clearing and seeing the heliport for the first time with the best is yet to come kicking in,
i loved going around all the areas and hearing the flashbacks and finding all the easter eggs like the camera in the heliport,
i think i spent the longest time exploring there, trying to find all the old places again,
the first thing i did when i got into the nuke warehouse was fire a gun, but alas nothing happened, but it was something that instantly sprung to mind and i thought '' lets shoot at one of the nukes''

the final battle with liquid topped it for me though, it couldnt have been better,

i really think snake should have died though, it would have been so heroic and a definite end to the game, him living on was just a rehash of the mgs1 ending, we heard all that before.

in the vista mansion when naomi told snake he had three months before he came contagious and foxdie would only die with him, my heart literally broke and it just gave the race to get liquid even more oomph.

i just felt it built up his pain, agony and sorrow to it's saddest point and then he's suddenly gonna be fine,
i hoped he was gonna die, so he was finally at peace.
im not sure if id like another metal gear game with solid snake, nothing could top guns of the patriots. it almost had me emotional at points...

I feel the same way. 100% agree. Snake should have died. I just felt betrayed at the end, like Kojima couldn't just let go. We've followed the progress of MGS4 for 3-4 years, saw the trailers with the heart-crushing scene with Snake putting a gun in his mouth, and now to have it end the way it did is like tossing out 20 hours of shared emotional investment.

While I enjoyed the final between Snake and Ocelot/Liquid, the story scenes following immediately after were a mess.

Back