Meet my army of Iron Men. Hall of Armor that is.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You gotta give us instructions on how to make our own

Very nice job. I could be wrong, but from the looks it's 7 pieced together Oribi HOA bays with the lower backing plastics pulled apart and metal like strips inserted to the lower walls. Unless he got a set of 7 for a good price, this would cost every bit as much as the HT HOA with the materials and time to build the frame, router the base bay holes and wire the lighting together.

The front shoe plates match the oribi, but it appears the bases were modified slightly to be a smoother footwell and cut at a slight angle at the corners. Could have been cast, but I cannot get a good view from the bay floors.

Regardless a great modified HOA to be proud of.:clap

I love the guessing as to how it was created. What you guys need to understand is that I set out to create something unique and original. This is one solid heavy piece. No Hot Toys chambers glued together. A real power source is being used here. When you guys get your pre-orders on the multi-chambers you'll have to install double A battery's to operate.
Everything used is in my Hall of Armor is original. Not to mention true 1\6 scale size. On my YouTube channel I regularly posted pic updates but did not do a tutorial video. My next project will be grand!

I love the guessing as to how it was created. What you guys need to understand is that I set out to create something unique and original. This is one solid heavy piece. No Hot Toys chambers glued together. A real power source is being used here. When you guys get your pre-orders on the multi-chambers you'll have to install double A battery's to operate.
Everything used is in my Hall of Armor is original. Not to mention true 1\6 scale size. On my YouTube channel I regularly posted pic updates but did not do a tutorial video. My next project will be grand!

Well then feel free to post some casting pics here of the unique and original plastics and shells you made the back walls and side bay walls from, because they are oribi. I'm sure you didn't glue it, I see your exposed screw holes. (Might want to cover those)

Also, the hot toys version is daisy chained together with a dc current, plugs right into the wall. It has a on off switch for the 7 bay.

Sorry I don't have any desire to go to youtube and get you paid from looking at your videos.

Exposed screws? So you did see my video! Well I thank you and your detail comprehensive speculated breakdown as to how I might have created my Hall of Armor. Now back to work on my Hulk cell.

Looks amazing. Very creative. :clap

PS: Can't wait to see your Hulk cage too! :yess:

Last edited:
Oh I saw the first video you posted here, rubbing all over it like a used car salesman. I didn't know if you were showing it off or having a photo shoot with yourself. I also heard you say 100,000 views for us to be blessed for you to make a hulk cage. Lucky us.

So you are basically telling everyone to view the pages to pay for my dios. Nice. My estimate is $3,300 bucks from youtube for that amount of views (100,000) at 1/33 of a cent per view. With a couple 3D renders and a 3d printer, I am sure many folks could make a knock out hulk cage for $3,300.:rotfl

I'm sure others here would like to see some of your production/development photos of the HOA, as this is a piece many of us are purchasing or contemplating purchasing in the near future. Lets get some photos of casts on this thread, prove me wrong.

I just do not see anything unique or original with this HOA, its 7 orbi boxes screwed into a case holding 6 IM figures. Definitely not a scratch build which you are trying to pass this off for. You did a very good job of building a case and it looks great, but whoring the dio for youtube cash leaves much to be desired.

This board has many amazing and talented people that build unique and wonderful things.....from scratch. Others are great with moding pieces which is certainly highly valued as well. People here share and try to help others building and making dios such as this, not try to extort views. If you are not willing to show pictures to help or show folks how you built this, then why post here on the board other than for personal gain?:huh

Why is it when a member comes on this site and shows off how AWESOME his work is we have other's criticize and downplay their talents? Why are you challenging DANOBY2? It is his creation and all I could see in the video was him showing off his baby like a proud dad, not a used car salesman. And then you talk about how much hes making off of the youtube views:horror:slap? This is an amazing custom that has taken a TON of time to make. Why dont you call out other custom figure makers because you THINK all of there items are not made from scratch. And last but not least you say that hes doing this for personal gain? Yeah I bet danoby2 is going to be able to crank out 3000 of these bad boys in about 20 days and charge 10,000 each for them. Take a :chillpill: have a :drink and a :lol.

Really I'd leave it up to Danoby to respond, if he wants to. Personally I thought hokie brought up some valid points, especially in regards to the molds and how unhelpful Danoby seems to be in regards to helping other customizers get the same result. Most customizers tend to be very forthcoming about how they accomplished something (unless they're only doing it for sales, in which case I understand not revealing their methods, obviously) but Danoby seems to enjoy withholding the information, so I guess I like him a little bit less because of that, lol. No interest in the hall of armour for myself, by the way.

Why is it when a member comes on this site and shows off how AWESOME his work is we have other's criticize and downplay their talents? Why are you challenging DANOBY2? It is his creation and all I could see in the video was him showing off his baby like a proud dad, not a used car salesman. And then you talk about how much hes making off of the youtube views:horror:slap? This is an amazing custom that has taken a TON of time to make. Why dont you call out other custom figure makers because you THINK all of there items are not made from scratch. And last but not least you say that hes doing this for personal gain? Yeah I bet danoby2 is going to be able to crank out 3000 of these bad boys in about 20 days and charge 10,000 each for them. Take a :chillpill: have a :drink and a :lol.

I've said my piece to the situation. If you cannot follow what I am getting at with the underlying message, sorry. I'm not wasting board space or my time and contributions to this guys views and pockets after this post.

A person would have to be oblivious not to see a guy creates a brand new ID on this board and tons of others on the Internet, then whores the dio on every site looking for hits and ASKING everyone to contribute 100,000 views to him to make the hulk diorama.

For ****s sake, ok I want to take up a collection for my diorama builds, if anyone wants to contribute please PayPal me at [email protected].

I complimented him on the dio, it is nice. It's a modified orbi, I build dios frequently and I can clearly tell this is pieced together. I offered up that opinion and he came back with remarks that knocking the HT HOA iad a bunch of double A battery powered plastic boxes and what he created was unique, which it obviously is not.

What I find repulsive is that they are not going to share any build details and are trying to make money off of suckers clicking on the videos.

So commence sheeple, click and contribute and fund him.:slap

I call bull**** when I see it , it's a free board and I have free speech, it's my opinion. If you don't agree, I do not care.

It is sad a board member of over a year gets called out for defending the integrity of this place and the folks that contribute and expand the hobby.

Commence the negative comments back at me of ("oh gee that's great you're defending the board") cheap shots:lol.

Hopefully at least one other person agrees and has the stones to say it.

I'm off the soapbox..........

Last edited:
Actually I think the lack of negative reaction you got to your previous posts means most people agreed with you but didn't comment. This board doesn't seem to have a problem with piling-on negative comments if people don't like what you're saying. :lol

Actually I think the lack of negative reaction you got to your previous posts means most people agreed with you but didn't comment. This board doesn't seem to have a problem with piling-on negative comments if people don't like what you're saying. :lol
:exactly::clap:panic::lol

I've said my piece to the situation. If you cannot follow what I am getting at with the underlying message, sorry. I'm not wasting board space or my time and contributions to this guys views and pockets after this post.

A person would have to be oblivious not to see a guy creates a brand new ID on this board and tons of others on the Internet, then whores the dio on every site looking for hits and ASKING everyone to contribute 100,000 views to him to make the hulk diorama.

For ****s sake, ok I want to take up a collection for my diorama builds, if anyone wants to contribute please PayPal me at [email protected].

I complimented him on the dio, it is nice. It's a modified orbi, I build dios frequently and I can clearly tell this is pieced together. I offered up that opinion and he came back with remarks that knocking the HT HOA iad a bunch of double A battery powered plastic boxes and what he created was unique, which it obviously is not.

What I find repulsive is that they are not going to share any build details and are trying to make money off of suckers clicking on the videos.

So commence sheeple, click and contribute and fund him.:slap

I call bull**** when I see it , it's a free board and I have free speech, it's my opinion. If you don't agree, I do not care.

It is sad a board member of over a year gets called out for defending the integrity of this place and the folks that contribute and expand the hobby.

Commence the negative comments back at me of ("oh gee that's great you're defending the board") cheap shots:lol.

Hopefully at least one other person agrees and has the stones to say it.

I'm off the soapbox..........

It's a great custom. Nice job.

(Although I gotta agree with you, hokie. And it would be nice to get some information on how to make this ourselves instead of being screened out).

I was watching avengers again this weekend and was thinking hmmmm the hulk cel would make for a cool prop' guess im not the only one, lol... anywhoo nice custom all most makes me want to venture to make my own but then again like i've said before not to crazy looking at my marks standing upright when they could be posed more dynamically

Back