Meet my army of Iron Men. Hall of Armor that is.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching avengers again this weekend and was thinking hmmmm the hulk cel would make for a cool prop' guess im not the only one, lol... anywhoo nice custom all most makes me want to venture to make my own but then again like i've said before not to crazy looking at my marks standing upright when they could be posed more dynamically

I agree with you 100% I love my figures/dolls in poses then just standing up right. Reminds me of my good buddy bighungendo. He told me once if it doesn't look like a bulldog then why pose him?

Hey there folks! For those of you who decided to take the time to visit the link and watch my video on my Hall of Armor I would like to say thank you. I really do appreciate the feedback I've gotten good or bad. Doesn't really bother me. My space or realm where I live is Youtube, I'm used to the 2 cents being thrown at my video's and work I do. Because I worship everything that is Hot Toys I though it would be really cool to post my latest creation in place that has the same respect I do towards the company.

When I started the Hall of Armor project it was in Nov, 2012. A bit before Hot toys announced their Hall of Armor, So it was really important to me to make sure mine would be finished before theirs come out into the market. I've been getting emails and accusations that I have insider connections to the product and modified it to meet my personal needs. My Iron Man Hall of Armor is truly a unique piece. I'll prove it! I will do a side by side comparison video when it does come out. Are you kidding? I look forward to making that video and really start collecting the feedback from the crowd!

My regular subscribers to my channel got first hand knowledge I was making this. I did post production photos on that video. I did make a tutorial video, but realized it was simply boring to be released. (Like watching paint dry). [ame]https://youtu.be/6OQhdBwPO08[/ame]

The Hall of Armor I have is what most folks would consider expensive and at this time I feel no need to share cost or construction methods. There are not allot of folks out there who are willing to take the next step and engage themselves into a project that may or may not be successful. The Hulk Cell (Prison) is not going to be cheap to construct. So support from the community in watching my video's is greatly appreciated. There's allot of creative folks out in the Youtube community who do what I do, and I don't find it difficult to watch their video in support of their passion.

Over the weekend I went to visit the Stark Expo, I am by far the biggest Iron Man fan you guys have met!
[ame]https://youtu.be/kQBDXKxEoDU[/ame]

Not when the Marvel section has no custom section. I don't understand why this Marvel section has none yet the other franchise all get a custom area?

DANOBY2-" feel no need to share cost or construction methods",,,,,,GEE THAT SENTENCE SMELLS FISHY!!!

SEEMS TO ME THE MANY MANY TALENTED CUSTOMIZERS DO I SAY AGAIN DO SHARE THEIR RECIPE AND COST...WHATS THE BIG DEAL???

"There are not allot of folks out there who are willing to take the next step and engage themselves into a project that may or may not be successful",,,,,,,,,eerrr wrong.....how do you think customs get made in the first place!!! trial and error and the next step...

" I did make a tutorial video, but realized it was simply boring to be released. (Like watching paint dry). "
seems to me this is your proof for hokie....if this were me i couldnt post it fast enough to prove him wrong...watching people make toys is liking watching paint dry anyhow...just makes it fun to watch...post away...

"The Hulk Cell (Prison) is not going to be cheap to construct. So support from the community in watching my video's is greatly appreciated. "

at least you told hokie he was right....in a roundabout way....so you are plugging on here for the hulk dio,,,,i give you credit....you know where to come to try and grad a larger audience for you 1/33 pct...

so in a nut shell you want to come on and share your dio but not share and trade secrets, or specs..just get some more you tube views for the hulk cell...honestly i could care less... but hokie might be right...members on here are alot more savy than you think......oh, nice hoa btw... very nice i like it...just not the approach...:nono

I would love to know how you built the top, back, and sides, I bought extras of the Hall or Armor bases thinking Hot Toys would put out the extra pieces later to build the entire set, then they turn around and do this dirty crap they're pulling now where you have to buy the whole thing. Makes me angry thinking of the extra money I spent for nothing. If I knew and could build the rest of what I need on my own I would.

Well I enjoyed the video and how ever he went about makes no difference to me...but yet every one is entitled to their own opinion.Its like a movie some like it some don't and then some critic to no end...at the end of the day its somebody's work and thats the truth. Enjoy what you do and be proud of it..that's all that matters.

The Hall of Armor I have is what most folks would consider expensive and at this time I feel no need to share cost or construction methods. There are not allot of folks out there who are willing to take the next step and engage themselves into a project that may or may not be successful.

To be fair, shouldn't it be our choice if we want to take on an expensive project that may not work out?

Something seems off here.

To be fair, shouldn't it be our choice if we want to take on an expensive project that may not work out?

Something seems off here.

And you know what your right. It should be your choice. I guess what I really didn't understand about the posts and didn't really think anything of it, is the ultimatum this community (select members) instills on it's member's to reveal trade and construction secrets if you decide on sharing your project here.
So I guess it could be my fault by not stating a disclosure from the very beginning.
I do find it very entertaining that if you don't share what's demanded upon you, your thrown into a kangaroo court of sort and put on trial.
Still, very entertaining.
Danoby2

The Hall is excellent, hope to see a video for the hulk cell in the future. Keep up the good work!

And you know what your right. It should be your choice. I guess what I really didn't understand about the posts and didn't really think anything of it, is the ultimatum this community (select members) instills on it's member's to reveal trade and construction secrets if you decide on sharing your project here.
So I guess it could be my fault by not stating a disclosure from the very beginning.
I do find it very entertaining that if you don't share what's demanded upon you, your thrown into a kangaroo court of sort and put on trial.
Still, very entertaining.
Danoby2

You said yourself that this forum is very open about sharing trade secrets with each other. We all love this hobby and are not in any kind of professional competition, so we have no reason not to help each other out.

So its only natural that when you are openly resistant to share your techniques (and are very mysterious as to your reasons), people are going to wonder why.

To be honest im curious myself.

I don’t know you, but in your videos on YouTube you keep using the word “COMMISSION”, which the definition is -
Noun
1. An instruction, command, or duty given to a person or group of people: his commission to redesign the building, he received a commission to act as an informer an order for something, especially a work of art, to be produced: Mozart at last received a commission to write an opera a work produced in response to a commission. Archaic the authority to perform a task or certain duties
. [Oxford Dictionary]

So to be honest, I have my doubts that you made the Hall of Armor yourself at all, but had someone else build it for you; whether at your home or somewhere else I’m not sure. If I remember right , while it was a work in progress the pictures were stills where you were not in them, only when it was finished and in your kitchen (or wherever) were you in the video with it. So I just think you have something fancy made for you and then came on here to rub our noses in it, claiming that you made it when in actuality someone made it for you, and that is why you will not, or have no details on its construction.

Just my opinion, but in the end I could really care less.

1. Marvel doesn't have a customs section because there are enough people doing Marvel customs to warrant it.

2. People can choose to not share how they make something. But sharing is a lot of the fun of customs. It's what makes theRPF.com such a great place - no one likes stealing - but everyone shares procedures, etc.

I do enjoy the conspiracy theories behind my Hall of Armor, I never would have though it could have generated resentment. Seriously kinda feels a little bit like high school, new kid comes in wearing a new pair of Nikes.

I do enjoy the conspiracy theories behind my Hall of Armor, I never would have though it could have generated resentment. Seriously kinda feels a little bit like high school, new kid comes in wearing a new pair of Nikes.

:slap :panic:

Back