Medusa's Gaze Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics originally posted by Take Iseki of S. Forum
The new statue on Yamato's fantasy line... Luis Royo's Touch of Ice, TOI
toipaintmasterre02.jpg

toipaintmasterre13.jpg

toipaintmasterre04.jpg

p.s. Luis Royo's Dancer of Pain coming soon too....

So.... 3 Royo's pieces from this line.....

Darn, i need to stay away from this line, these statues are awesome, but my budget is limited!!

damn she looks hot too :( i hope they dont do more than 3 cause i will prolly want them all

The new statue on Yamato's fantasy line... Luis Royo's Touch of Ice, TOI
i think there is:
1) a total fail of face sculpt. it's not royo, and it's not his "touch of ice". and it's ugly all in all.
2) strange fantasy of sculptor and painter in stockings area. why did they sink so much into leg flesh that even blood goes out? this is some maniac fantasy, not royo's.

y347311l.jpg

y347311n.jpg

so though i dreamt they will better stick to royo in new statues instead of taking some dull paintings of other artists, now i'm in doubt. the second one seems to be a fail, i even don't know about getting it. will wait for live photos.

Her noggin is a bit large and a bit anime-like....

ToI will be similar in size to "Golden Lover" (1:7.5 or 1:8 scale) and priced at USD90.

i think there is:
1) a total fail of face sculpt. it's not royo, and it's not his "touch of ice". and it's ugly all in all.......

Looks like it'll be the final sculpt, as she is about 1:8 scale, her head had to be rather large... (as explained by a person related to the project)

Medusa's at 1:6 scale

It looks like it came out really nice except for that eyelash on the left eye. Hopefully that's just a flaw with that particular figure and not a widespread problem. I think the figure looks better than the actual artwork in my opinion, so I'm really tempted to pick this one up sometime down the line. I'd like to see some in hand pics though, so if anyone gets this please post some pics guys. :D

Mini-review on GL

The eye lash is also a problem with my copy.... however she is very small, so not so obvious..... she stands at 20.5 cm (22cm to the top of the flames/fins)...

Her eyes-lids/eye shadow have shiny/sparkly paint applied.

She is about a full 1/8 scale (with 20.5 cm height)...

has a metal peg on the left leg that inserts to the shiny base.

her entire body and head is a single mould with the exception of the left arm.

The dragon have a few part breaks, not hidden very well, an obvious one is one near her foot.

she looks great on her own, but doesn't display well with Medusa :monkey2. The size difference is worse than I thought it would be. I wish they would have made her $20 more and 1/6 scale. :banghead

Yup indeed, & their contrasting color schemes made it all the more obvious....but I like to think of them as "Life" & "Death" LOL I do hope when I have more to show as a group they'll display better.

nice pics!

Thanks Bamboota~

Back