Medusa's Gaze Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookilar8

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just came across this beauty of a statue. Medusa's Gaze is made by Yamato and it looks to be just shy of 12" tall. It's inspired by Luis Royo's work and I think it looks sexy and aluring. It's up for pre-order at BBTS here for a very reasonable price.

The only thing that scares me is all the tiny pointy pieces arriving without breakage.

PS - What do they mean by this? - "Picture has been slightly altered for display purposes."

YAM10380.jpg

It's probably altered because of nudity. That thing covering her crotch looks like it was added.

edit: Just looked up the art it's based on and the thing on her crotch is there, it's just not nearly as long so they may have lengthened it to be less risque.

I'm really interested in this one but Yamato's somehow "random" quality worries me.

Maybe it would be better to wait and see if the Cleavenger figure turns out nicely before ordering this one.

Any suggestion?

i already PO'd her from SS after seeing that BBTS already has their PO sold out :horror, so i decided to jump on one from SS cause i dont know who else is carrying this piece. i am totally getting a framed print of this for X-mas......will look bad ass when the statue gets here, the artist that originally made the art has some other kick ass prints as well, i advise u guys look them up. tatted girlz are hot!! well not all of them, but this one is, so i couldnt pass it up.

Thanks for viewing jkno, she's indeed a great looking item:) .... a very well-produced PVC statue in my opinion:banana

I really like Luis Royo's art & I have a few Macross items by Yamato which I'm quite impressed with, so this one is a no-brainer.

Thanks for the pics aeumuse, can't wait for this one to arrive!

ps. can we see some profile shots mate?

Heya! Awesome :monkey5

Thanks man, good pics & the extras. Really want this one to get here SOON!

So the clothing is fabric? Definitely looks like it.

*edit* Do you know if there are any other Luis Royo pieces out yet? Or any others in production?

Last edited:
Heya! Awesome :monkey5

Thanks man, good pics & the extras. Really want this one to get here SOON!

So the clothing is fabric? Definitely looks like it.

*edit* Do you know if there are any other Luis Royo pieces out yet? Or any others in production?

no worries DL.....the clothing isn't fabric, it's slightly flexible though, reckon pvc too maybe? :eek:

anyway as far as i know, Yamato's next release is another Cleavenger's 'The Sacrifice' followed by Boris's 'Monica's Axe'..nothing about future Luis's releases, hopefully they'll get him & Shunya together for another one or more :banana

Back