Medicom - Where The Wild Things Are - RAH Max 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The costume for Max looks a little "puffy" compared to the look in the trailer. I have no problem with Medicom making a film version though, as the McFarlane plastic ones pretty much nailed the book style perfectly. I wonder if the Wild Things will be based on the film look, and if they might even be to scale with Max.

I can't afford any of this though, but it's nice to dream!

I hate when companies label a 1/6th figure as a 12" figure when its clearly shorter than that since its a child! :duh:duh:duh:duh

So definitely does look like its from the movie... but the costume looks very off, too furry and not as iconic.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. The hood especially looks too thick and the crown is too big. I was getting excited until I saw the pic.:(

I don't think it's from the movie - the look is all wrong. When I saw the title of the thread I was thinking this was something I'd have to get, but after seeing it - not so much.

Its from the movie. If it were this Max:

max.jpg

It'd be more up MediCom's alley because they be able to go cartoony like their Anime figures.

The Kubricks look like they are Movie Versions, but now I wonder about the Vinyl Wild things that are on offer. If they are movie based, I'd be interested, but if they are based on the Sendak drawings, I think McFarlane covered that pretty well already. Does anybody know anymore about these?

Previews has the Kubricks listed, but I can't tell how to order a full set of the Kubricks. They'd go great with my TRON kubrick set though!!!

Yeah, the scale issue is a bummer but at $70(probably) a pop for an unarticulated vinyl figure I'd pass anyway. I might get Max though. He looks decent there.
Seems like there was another pic of him a while ago that really didn't look good though. Maybe they improved him since then.

Yeah, shame the VCDs will cost that much... hope to find them on clearance someday.

Back