Medicom Toy Exhibition 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R2-D2 doesn't look bad but something is a bit off. I wonder if he'll be to scale to the Sideshow figs.

Anyone think there is a chance that SSC will show 3PO and R2 now? It seems that Star Wars figs always get made by 2 companies at the same time.

20090620_057497f696360c655c71R72oQL.jpg
Never been a big Akira fan, but this looks fantastic!! :rock

Finally a RAH C3PO & R2D2!!!!
20090620_e42cbc492d263fd063daQQ8wS7.jpg

20090620_58fe056a326503766854jqsmqX.jpg
Awesome!!! :r2d2line :rock

Yup, Medicom gets down with the anime stuff...

Which I think explains exactly what is "off" about Artoo and Threepio: They're way too anime-influenced. :( Look at that big round eye on Artoo. That's the first thing that jumps out at me, and it's exactly the sort of exaggeration I'd expect from an animated version of the character. And Threepio looks entirely too much like something out of the original "Clone Wars" animated series.

Best hope for me? That Sideshow recognizes that Medicom has stepped up to the plate, and that they respond accordingly. Make it happen, Sideshow. I can't wait. :)

always a fan of medi star wars stuff. i still haven't seen anything that tops their boba though.
the kaneda is pretty sweet but if there isn't going to be a bike for it i don't see much point.

i was hoping there would be another daft punk set, but i guess i'm screwed forever on the older ones. i hate Kiss more than anything in this world and it's horrendous to see more figures of them.

Last edited:
Which I think explains exactly what is "off" about Artoo and Threepio: They're way too anime-influenced. :( Look at that big round eye on Artoo. That's the first thing that jumps out at me, and it's exactly the sort of exaggeration I'd expect from an animated version of the character. And Threepio looks entirely too much like something out of the original "Clone Wars" animated series.

That's how the actual R2 is? :dunno

r2d2.jpg

Best hope for me? That Sideshow recognizes that Medicom has stepped up to the plate, and that they respond accordingly. Make it happen, Sideshow. I can't wait. :)

R2-D2 doesn't look bad but something is a bit off. I wonder if he'll be to scale to the Sideshow figs.

Anyone think there is a chance that SSC will show 3PO and R2 now? It seems that Star Wars figs always get made by 2 companies at the same time.

Sideshow won't be making the Droids any time soon...
if at all...:(
They've said it quite a few times already...

i hope they make a tetsuo to go with kaneda! i also agree with the bike... you guys know that it cost a fortune to get a unpainted 1/6 kit of his bike now and they rarely show up too.... I saw onelast time going for 500usd and I think it was a recast

I thought that might be Ichabod Crane, but it looks like they went for it without the Depp likeness rights (again). That may work for Scissorhands, but for Crane - not so much.

I thought that might be Ichabod Crane, but it looks like they went for it without the Depp likeness rights (again). That may work for Scissorhands, but for Crane - not so much.

Its still nice to see them doing figures of Depp, very cool imo. The Kiss stuff imo is there best work out of the bunch.

i hope they make a tetsuo to go with kaneda! i also agree with the bike... you guys know that it cost a fortune to get a unpainted 1/6 kit of his bike now and they rarely show up too.... I saw onelast time going for 500usd and I think it was a recast

Definitely, with reconstructed metal arm & cape!!

R2 looks cool. I'd probably get that but 3PO looks off to me. The finish on it looks too smooth and plastic like.

While the droids look good I think I'll be passing, mostly due to height reasons and whatnot. But I will definitely put up the cash for the Akira Tetsuo figure, looks awesome! :rock

Back