Medicom Tetsuo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived yesterday. At first I was a little disappointed, I opened it up and it wasn't all that exciting/impressive to see, but as I began posing it, particularly the cape, I gots to liking it and now I'm very happy with the figure.

I think it looks pretty much as you see online with the exception of the cape. I was surprised by the cape's material, its thin and silky/shiny. My impression of it from online was of more of a dry/harsh cloth.

The screaming head I also don't think looks that great in hand. Maybe though it's because I haven't used it yet.

This is my first Medicom figure and I don't understand the ankles. They don't seem to move at all which makes it difficult to do much more than just standing straight. A page back someone was talking about the ankles being delicate/breaking and so that sounds like there actually is meant to be some movement, or no?
Also, body feels nice and stable here. To me it doesn't feel as flimsy as some have suggested but maybe in time I'll see something break and understand what people were talking about there.

EDIT: Has anyone thought of cobbling together another figure with the second head, too, just so it's not sitting wasted? It'd certainly be tough to get anything matching exactly the Medicom outfit but to get something roughly similar doesn't seem like it'd be so tough. Plus, if you put it in a pose like pictured below, covering much of the body/outfit with the cape, you wouldn't really need to be so concerned with accuracy except for the cape part, just a single part.

The ankles have front/back & side to side movement. Plus a pivot for the toes. You just can't do much because the boots are really stiff. I gave mine a good heat up with the hairdryer to get a deeper stance out of him.

Such.. an amazing figure. I don't know if it's because it's technically Project BM! and medicom just distro'd this piece, but it's sturdy as hell.

The head sculpt and the arm are just beautiful, and the cape looks fantastic.

He has such a presence.

mfFi2fJ.jpg

Considering I got it for under 100 bucks sealed... I woulda payed double haha.

JcotIUM.jpg

Kq7aW1a.jpg

Last edited:
I will say the skin is a much lighter shade than some photos show. I was worried it was faded or something, but it gives it a bit of a black and white hue to it.

It's weird how Kaneda sells for around $200 and Tetsuo is closer to $140. I feel the Tetsuo is a much better looking figure.

I want to get Kaneda just to keep Tet's company, and the quality impressed me, but I feel like his Jacke tis a little large and the hair is a little too long. At any rate, I'll have a review up soon of Tetsuo.

The Kaneda Jacket is garbage.

I had Tetsuo before i got Kaneda but when it arrived with me both ankles were snapped off and the robotic arm was hanging off from the forearm swivel and had no paint left on it!

It's weird how Kaneda sells for around $200 and Tetsuo is closer to $140. I feel the Tetsuo is a much better looking figure.

I want to get Kaneda just to keep Tet's company, and the quality impressed me, but I feel like his Jacke tis a little large and the hair is a little too long. At any rate, I'll have a review up soon of Tetsuo.

The Kaneda Jacket is garbage.

I had Tetsuo before i got Kaneda but when it arrived with me both ankles were snapped off and the robotic arm was hanging off from the forearm swivel and had no paint left on it!

wtf-reaction-gif-617.gif

Thats horror paying all that movie for a figure and it turns out like that.

I know it was a joke

To add insult to injury the guy never responded to the emails or anything
after I received it and realised it was broke

Took almost 2 months all in to get a refund

eBay from a HK seller i forgot his name

I'm in the UK though so will most probably been on eBay.co.uk

A lemon is a slang term for a ****ty car that somebody sells you without telling you what's wrong with it.

It looks good. You pay for it. Then you drive it and the wheels fall off. haha

Oh haha

Then yes I most definitely got a lemon. It's all good tho I can get one from Japan for like £90

Are there fakes of these he's took a picture of a silver sticker at the bottom of the box saying it's genuine

Back