Medicom Superman Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that Vice by any chance? I recognize the photos from RS, but if I'm wrong my apologies.

Anyway welcome to the board.

From their Kubricks to their super-deformed VCD to their 12" figures, Medicom Toys sure do have their own style.

congerking said:
I really, really, really love how dark his costume is. If the HT Supes' costume was that dark, I'd be in love.

Hey congerking! :D
I have the HT Superman and let me warn you that his costume is dark. Maybe the material witch the clothes were made could reflect a lot of light when they took the pictures with the inappropriate lights. If you were thinking about to buy this figure and the darkness of his clothes makes you doubt, don't hesitate. Believe me, the photos doesn’t represent the true colours of the figure. Don’t miss the opportunity with Hot Toys. You won't be disappointed. Bye and good luck!

hehe I love this thing. Along with my Takara Bats.

Picture056.gif

Picture057.gif

"This reason above all, their capacity for good I have sent them you. My only son."
Picture043.gif

"You have great power"
supesholdingglobe2copy.jpg

Taiwan_Postera.jpg

TimeHia.jpg

supesholdingglobecopy1.jpg

PhotoShop pictures done by good friend Edwint

todoelresto said:
Hey congerking! :D
I have the HT Superman and let me warn you that his costume is dark. Maybe the material witch the clothes were made could reflect a lot of light when they took the pictures with the inappropriate lights. If you were thinking about to buy this figure and the darkness of his clothes makes you doubt, don't hesitate. Believe me, the photos doesn’t represent the true colours of the figure. Don’t miss the opportunity with Hot Toys. You won't be disappointed. Bye and good luck!

Huh, I have heard lots of good things about HT Superman. The reason I want him is that I got the DC Direct Superman Returns, but he isn't that great. Only reason I got him is because he was in a damaged box and I got him for $25. I just want a better quality version of him. Medicom's chest looks abnormal, but I love the costume. HT seemed to be the opposite, good body, but didn't like the shading of the costume. But you say HT Supes' costume is fine, I'll probably just end up getting HT then.

Last edited:
congerking said:
Huh, I have heard lots of good things about HT Superman. The reason I want him is that I got the DC Direct Superman Returns, but he isn't that great. Only reason I got him is because he was in a damaged box and I got him for $25. I just want a better quality version of him. Medicom's chest looks abnormal, but I love the costume. HT seemed to be the opposite, good body, but didn't like the shading of the costume. But you say HT Supes' costume is fine, I'll probably just end up getting HT then.

I'd like to show you the HT's real colour of the suit. I'll try to post some photos in the future and try to emulate the real blue and red as close as you can see in person. I let you the link with some photos I took, but those ones still doesn't show the real colours except for the yellow belt and the “S” areas.

https://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/todoelresto/HOT%20TOYS/

The medicom one's boots are flexible, so you'll be able to do those flying pose better... you can point the toes down with ease.
c379b63d.jpg

9a1dd508.jpg

733579c1.jpg

IN all the pictures I've seen, The Hot Toys one is a bit bright, even the Hot Toys offical pictures.

Even with these bright pictures the medicom one still is darker.
de469c68.jpg

IMG_2594a.jpg

Those are some sick photos todoelresto. I am so glad that I finally went with HT version. After multiple weeks of HT or Medicom this past weekend I made my choice and ordered one from HLJ. I can not wait to get him.

Batman5 said:
Those are some sick photos todoelresto. I am so glad that I finally went with HT version. After multiple weeks of HT or Medicom this past weekend I made my choice and ordered one from HLJ. I can not wait to get him.
good choice, Batman5 make sure you post some pics when you get him. :lol

todoelresto said:
I'd like to show you the HT's real colour of the suit. I'll try to post some photos in the future and try to emulate the real blue and red as close as you can see in person. I let you the link with some photos I took, but those ones still doesn't show the real colours except for the yellow belt and the “S” areas.

https://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/todoelresto/HOT%20TOYS/

Thanks for the pictures. I think seeing him in better light finially sold me on HT. Hope to get him soon.

congerking said:
Thanks for the pictures. I think seeing him in better light finially sold me on HT. Hope to get him soon.

I'm glad you chose the HT Supes! Good taste! I love my HT Supes.....nothing comes close to it!:cool:

snakebeater said:
The medicom one's boots are flexible, so you'll be able to do those flying pose better... you can point the toes down with ease.
c379b63d.jpg

9a1dd508.jpg

733579c1.jpg

IN all the pictures I've seen, The Hot Toys one is a bit bright, even the Hot Toys offical pictures.

Even with these bright pictures the medicom one still is darker.
de469c68.jpg

IMG_2594a.jpg

so the HT can't do the "feet pointed downward" pose?! boots too thick?

yes, the boots are a little thick... u can bend them slightly but they will not hold their position. but other than that, it is still a great figure. i think both figures have their good and bad, just that for me, the medicom figure has more bad than good. in the pics above, his shorts doesn't even fit him well, plus i just cannot get over the large chest and super small waist-line.

I'm glad you chose the HotToys Superman too. You won't be disapointed. It's a really nice piece, and I mean REALLY NICE :bow . It's the best 12" figure I could buy.

tobyman said:
yes, the boots are a little thick... u can bend them slightly but they will not hold their position. but other than that, it is still a great figure. i think both figures have their good and bad, just that for me, the medicom figure has more bad than good. in the pics above, his shorts doesn't even fit him well, plus i just cannot get over the large chest and super small waist-line.

Yes, maybe the HotToys boots are harder than the Medicom, but they are really great !!! I wish my entire Sideshow 12" collection had those Hot Toys hard but flexible boots and not those hard plastic inflexible and static boots.

Just to touch on the Hot Toys boots, they may not be pointable, but as Figuremaster Les pioneered in another thread, you can (somewhat easily) slip them off, stuff them with Keenex or something and presto-change-o he's like 12 1/4".

gdb said:
Just to touch on the Hot Toys boots, they may not be pointable, but as Figuremaster Les pioneered in another thread, you can (somewhat easily) slip them off, stuff them with Keenex or something and presto-change-o he's like 12 1/4".

Yeah. Listen to the man. he's making some sense here! :D

But actually....the Medi looks better in these latest photos than I would have thought. SO, what the hey!
I'll keep my HT though.

Back