Medicom Superman Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your kidding right??? Bigger than Reeve?? I don't think so
Wow!!! Reeves bigger than Arnold was in Conan. His head is pretty squashed, and his waist and neck are HUGE, but a pretty neat picture, Viking28.

Bigger than Arnold? Were did that come from? All I'm saying (and showed, thanks to Gruson) is that Reeves was/is bigger than Roth.

I'm looking forward to the new movie, but seeing that photo of Christopher Reeve reminds me that he'll always be Superman to me.

The jury is still out on Routh (IMO), but he is bigger than Reeve was, even at his heaviest. Look at the thighs on him - much larger than Reeve. He is also the same height and about 30 lbs heavier than Reeve when he did Superman 1 (according to the publicity).

Darklord Dave said:
The jury is still out on Routh (IMO), but he is bigger than Reeve was, even at his heaviest. Look at the thighs on him - much larger than Reeve. He is also the same height and about 30 lbs heavier than Reeve when he did Superman 1 (according to the publicity).

Dave, dont believe the hype....:D

I think that in regards to getting a Superman representation into my collection, I'll stick to Weta.

I love 12" figures but this one just doesn't look good. I think it's the tight outfit that emphasizes the ugly body being used, as well as the joints.

Viking28, I apologise for not being clear. What I was talking about was the photo you posted, not the actual guy looking bigger than Schwarzeneger. Well, bigger everywhere except his head which is pretty tiny in comparison to the rest of his body. I think that photo might be a little distorted, don't you? It isn't my opinion that Routh is a bodybuilder and a "bigger" man than Reeve, he just is no matter how I "feel" about it. Sometimes you need to accept the "tale of the tape" on this stuff. Look, I really wasn't trying to insult Reeve (and certainly not anyone here) either when I said he wasn't as "big" as Routh. Routh is a lifetime bodybuilder and Reeve was a slim guy who had a lot of trouble putting on bulk for the film. Personally I don't have a problem with the way he looked. I think he was fine apearance wise. But if you look at the two guys in similar poses it's obvious Routh is beefier.
The funniest part to me about all this is virtually everything I've read about Routh being too skinny is the same nonsense that was printed about Reeve at the time he was preparing for the role. And with Routh it's even less true than with Reeve. I'm also kinda old compared to most here and I remember other things that were printed at that time such as how can an unknown regional theater and occasional soap opera and commercial actor play Superman? And I remember him being compared by friends of mine to George Reeves and a lot of them thought Chris Reeve could never measure up. Pretty funny stuff in retrospect.
I can't help but think it's better not to get too wound up about this movie until weve seen a little more of it or to say Routh can't be Superman. There are things I don't think look that promising that I have seen, and one of them is the costume, another is the basic premise of "Superman: Returns" picking up continuitly from the second DeLaurentis film. But Singer isn't an idiot and he has made a couple of very good superhero movies. I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until I have good reason not to.
As far as what this conversation should be about, and I apologise again for having digressed, the Medicom figures aren't going to be to everyones taste. I happen to like them and I think this one is a winner. Now I'm a sucker for "The Man of Steel" and likely to buy all kinds of Superman stuff anyway so I'm happy to see this figure available. But for those who don't like it at least you have alternatives like Barbie Superman and the DCD version. None are made by SSC but I would say they offer a pretty wide range of options for collectors as far as quality and value go. Things could be worse 1/6th figure wise.

There will always be only one Superman for me...

reeves.jpg

Hear, hear! And 'here' is one of my current projects, a 'labor of love' in progress...
PICT0237.jpg

PICT0236.jpg

This is a wax sculpt designed to fit a Volks Neo-Go muscular body. It is currently set up in clay, waiting for me to get my lazy ass moving and replenish my supply of molding rubber.
I grew up watching George, and while Chris was certainly an excellent choice, George will always hold a special place. Can't wait to pick up the series on DVD(especially season 2).
Bt the way, why is this thread under 'Marvel'?...PS

SolidLiquidFox said:
I just want some Metal Gear Solid figures at a more reasonable price. Hopefully Sideshow can bring them over.

Amen to that brotha'! I am playing Subsistence right now and can't wait for a Snake. Anything is better than this guy.

Super breath, lol.
supermo.gif

DekeStarkiller said:
Amen to that brotha'! I am playing Subsistence right now and can't wait for a Snake. Anything is better than this guy.

Super breath, lol.
supermo.gif

Is that the Tom Cruise version? LOL!

Could be, they are both gay. Also this image was "borrowed" from Mike Crawford's review. But I made the gif. :monkey3

It works though.. great fig.

yes i love the fact that it's the darker blue as well,one of the reasons i went with it.

Back