Medicom Storm Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Medis aren't in scale with Sideshow arguement I've heard here and on other boards is pretty silly IMO.

I mean I've never heard anyone complain that the Medi Vader or Stormie isn't in scale with the Hasbro 3 3/4 inch Vader or Stormie:lol .

Two different companies people!!!!!

How is a scale arguement valid?

Personally I think both SSC and Medi have had their success, SSC's PF's and comicquettes are fantastic pieces. I just wish I could afford more of em that's all.

It's the body on their 12" figures that need to be improved and if they do that with the new body their working on, I'll gladly start picking up items from their 1/6 scale line again.

I don't think any user here is in a position to tell someone else to get off the boards, that's the job of Mods and Admin after all.

KamenGuyver said:
I think stormtrooper is around 185 cm which is around 6'

I also remember read it somewhere that stormtrooper is Not all clone.

I could be wrong tho. My memory isn't that great :D

That's right. Stormtroopers are a mix of Jango clones, other hosts' clones, and military recruits. The age acceleration of the original clones and limited viability of Jango's source DNA likely attributed to this. There was even an EU story published in "Vader: The Ultimate Guide" that involved Vader screening potential clone templates for the new Imperial Army.

So this could just be a shorter clone Stormtrooper.

these debates/arguments/battles will NEVER end. it's up to us to teach the new generation (i.e. our children) to end all this conflict.

.....who am i kidding, even that won't stop it.

nash said:
more ignorant comments from ignorant people.

I'll take -0.2 inches in exchange for an actual proportioned body with outstanding armor and poseability anyday rather than a monkey armed, big headed, over sized hands, and a schmuck facial expressioned figure any day.

Ignorant? :confused:

Thanks for the personal attack Nash. I knew your comments would be more civilized. :rolleyes:

I was only saying that the figure isn't in scale with my SS figures or for that matter all of my 1:6 figures, except my Medi Vader.

The figure is very good but just like my Medi Vader it'll look out of scale with the rest of my collection.

I never said Jedi Luke was a great figure. I only compared his height to the Medi Stormie.

But really, Im just curious where is it written that a stormtrooper is supposed to be 6 feet in height exactly?
Who said he was? The only thing I know is that the Stormtroopers should be taller than Luke. Why do you think Leia made that comment about Luke's height when he saved her in the Death Star.

If this wasn't true, why didn't Lucas just delete it from the film in the SEs? :confused:
Remember people the SEs are the "correct" versions of the OT. :rolleyes:

I guess i've seen people say that medicoms are too short, or too expensive, or the luke figure's likeness is off so many times, and that's all people can really say about them time and time again. it's kind of like, Is that all you really have to say? gets a little old, and imo yes is a bit ignorant, because like ive said before...there are so many medicom figures that are not really in the mainstream US market, but they are just amazing from costume to poseability to likeness, but the only thing people seem to know is "jedi luke".

Yeah they are probably characters that not many US collectors have a passion for, but give credit where due.

If I were to go by the typical medicom basher mentality then I could point this out from sideshow
reviewpamv1lo0.jpg

Does this one screw up of a figure mean that Sideshow CAN'T do a good human likeness? No

Does it mean sideshow is a crappy company for it? No

So why apply that to Medicom? Please tell me that?

nash said:
Does this one screw up of a figure mean that Sideshow CAN'T do a good human likeness? No

Does it mean sideshow is a crappy company for it? No

So why apply that to Medicom? Please tell me that?

It doesn't apply to medicom and I don't think anyone has even said that. His point (and his only point) was that the Storm Trooper is too short for his tastes to display with the SS figs.

I don't think there isn't a person here who wouldn't agree that Medicom puts out an awesome product.

pixletwin said:
It doesn't apply to medicom and I don't think anyone has even said that. His point (and his only point) was that the Storm Trooper is too short for his tastes to display with the SS figs.

I don't think there isn't a person here who wouldn't agree that Medicom puts out an awesome product.

I'll only jump in her once to say one thing....

Why in the world would you want to display medicom figures with sideshow figures?

they're two different products... both awsome.....

okay I better get out before I get killed or something.

it's just preference snake, i display mine together, but scale doesnt really bother me.

for me, it would be saying that a 24" tall statue wouldnt look good next to a 12" statue or mini bust. which just doesn't make sense to me.

okay maybe twice

I hate doing that... mixing and matching... My Takara Batman is well in scale with my medicom figures... but I HATE displaying them together.... Just knowing that one figure is from the GENX CORE line... and the rest are from the RAH line.....

gets on my nerves... thats why I wanted the new Takara panzer cop...

pixletwin said:

Well at least someone here got my point. :rolleyes:

nash said:
I guess i've seen people say that medicoms are too short, or too expensive, or the luke figure's likeness is off so many times, and that's all people can really say about them time and time again. it's kind of like, Is that all you really have to say? gets a little old, and imo yes is a bit ignorant, because like ive said before...there are so many medicom figures that are not really in the mainstream US market, but they are just amazing from costume to poseability to likeness, but the only thing people seem to know is "jedi luke".
So if somebody doesn't agree with you they are ignorant? That's just ignorant on your part to not be able to see someone else's opinion.

For the record, I LIKE THE FIGURE!! I do not like the fact that he's out of scale with my other Star Wars figures. That's the only thing I complained about. I have 8 Medicom figures in my collection. My first figure was the original Rocketeer that I purchased when it was first released years ago. Why blow over $100 on a figure that you think sucks?

Medicom puts out great figures. That's a fact. My friend owns over 30 Ultraman figures and I even think they're cool. The wierd alien figures alone are awesome. Ultraman may not be my cup of tea but that doesn't mean that the figures are crap.

People from the east will always be 2 inch shorter anyway..except in their pants where they are 4 inch shorter...So I guess the proportion of Medicom figures are O.K for ''their'' standard and the standard of their women...:lol

Shai Hulud said:
People from the east will always be 2 inch shorter anyway..except in their pants where they are 4 inch shorter...So I guess the proportion of Medicom figures are O.K for ''their'' standard and the standard of their women...:lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Shai Hulud said:

:lol:rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl

Funny thing.... when I was over in Japan... can't tell you how many umbrellas hit me in the face... I was easily half a foot taller than 90% of the population. And I'm a fairly short guy!

Shai Hulud said:

I love a bit of low level racism on the boards.

What is racist about sayin that asian people are generaly ''smaller'' than caucasian people....:confused:

Back