1/6 Medicom RAH Star Wars Han Solo - A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Han Solo Image thread.

I can't wait to get Anakin Skywalker. The way they revealed Ani and Han together, I hope next they announce Obi and Luke. I think they should take another shot at Luke cause they've improved so much since their last attempt.

But knowing Medicom they'll probably throw us a curve ball , like Jar-Jar:lol.......and I'll still buy it:monkey2

I would also love another Luke. (any version)
For Obi if it's an ep4 version i would not need it no matter how good, since the SS one is near perfect. I would dump any current SS fig for a medicom if medi made the same one, but not Ben.

A few From Tin... medi-world (showing the clothes)
han16.jpg

han2.jpg

han3.jpg

han24.jpg

han25.jpg

Last edited:

Got mine today. WOW! Very nicely done Medicom.
Mini quick review.
Body 5 outta 5
I dunno what medicom did to the body but they revamped it. It's different, the feel and plastic is different. Joints are super tight. I didn't undress him yet but this is awesome. Also the hand pegs are in there so ^^^^ing tight ya gotta be careful. Medicom obviously revamped something here.

Clothes as always are superb. 4 outta 5 (the boots are newish material as well so soft you can actually pose the foot and toes....super cool)

Accessories are cool if not much, a stormtrooper belt woulda been nice. 2.5 outta 5

Headsculpt is great for sure ANH Ford here. (it is a bit stylized as medicom likes to do, but make no mistake it's ford.) I was a little worried after some pics (he photographs strange) looked great and others not so much but my fears washed away when i opened him. (finally a good Han Solo figure!!) I thought the neck looked skinny in some photos, but people i've talked to assured me in hand it's a non issue. And thank god cause it's not. It is a tad skinny but it really is no biggie as Medicom makes it work. And the collar hides it well if it bugs ya i can see pics makin it worse than it really is. 4 outta 5 here

Not worth 170$(what figure is besides HT IM or something) from SS but i got him for less than retail. If you can get him for $150 or less do it. Medicom has upped their quality especially in the body dept. I hope this means less fragile bodies in the future, and i hope this continues. Besides HT Iron Man this is my favorite figure so far in 09'. All in all the good FAR outweighs any minor negatives 4 outta 5 overall. If your desperate for a good smuggler/Han figure like i was this is it!

quick vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQbuh1GW9SA&fmt=18

004-28.jpg

006-20.jpg

009-12.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-8.jpg

023-6.jpg

033-1.jpg

026-2.jpg

035-3.jpg

Last edited:

Sorry to be negative Krayt, but to me the headsculpt in your (otherwise great) pictures looks more doll-like than any others I've seen. It almost reminds me of the old Kenner 12" Han/ Indy sculpt. And up until now I've been quite keen on this figure. Is it the minimalist paint job that 'spoils' the sculpt?

I'm with tin in his review of the HS/paint. But to each his own, no need to be sorry not gonna ruin my enjoyment of the figure I ^^^^ing love it!

"As far as the head - there's something about the minimal paint and the flesh tone of the plastic that actually makes the headsculpt more realistic in a subtle way. I actually prefer it this way than to have a painted head that may be more "detailed" - but fake in feel." -Tin

Also i suck at taking pics. :) (maybe watch the video?):peace

Last edited:

i think he looks great! the beauty of all these different companies is the differnt style they all bring. really mixes it up. sometimes they have all missed. but i love the fact that overall, we have many differnt choices of the same character and its different! i love my hot toys TDK harvey and i love the look of the medicom one as well and will be getting him. as i will be getting this :)

I'm definitely getting this one someday, but I'm going to wait until I can get one for about $50 cheaper.

Oh, and since the head looks ball jointed has anybody put it on the SS Stormtrooper? That would look badass.

EDIT: :lol Just went back a page and there it was. Damn, I definitely want one now.

Looks pretty good. I'm not thrilled with the shirt. The stitching in the collar really kills it, imo. I think there's a decent young Ford sculpt there though. Any pics with Boba or the Troopers guys?

I'm with tin in his review of the HS/paint. But to each his own, no need to be sorry not gonna ruin my enjoyment of the figure I ^^^^ing love it!

"As far as the head - there's something about the minimal paint and the flesh tone of the plastic that actually makes the headsculpt more realistic in a subtle way. I actually prefer it this way than to have a painted head that may be more "detailed" - but fake in feel." -Tin

Also i suck at taking pics. :) (maybe watch the video?):peace

Great video, and your pics don't suck! I think I'll get this when I can find it cheaper but see if I can get it repainted, unless I prefer the subtle paintwork when it's in hand.

cast-in-color heads can be hard to photograph... they seem to almost glow sometimes in photos. Glad you like him :rock

Thanks guys i appreciate it. I'm having fun with him. Yeah, all the stormie pics are back in the thread. :)

003-25.jpg

010-12.jpg

Last edited:

HanSolo044.jpg

That's a great sculpt of Patrick Swayze from RED DAWN!

Clothes look great, though. At half its asking price I would consider it.

This is still my favorite pic from electrorock. Gotta replicate it when i get a chance.

3334258676_e8bee4b3a0.jpg

Thanks guys i appreciate it. I'm having fun with him. Yeah, all the stormie pics are back in the thread. :)

003-25.jpg

010-12.jpg

Cool. I like seeing him set up with other figs. This figure looks better the more I see it.

Cool. I like seeing him set up with other figs. This figure looks better the more I see it.

Yeah he looks good with his fellow SW figs. But Kenobi is going to be with SS Vader when he comes. Then maybe i'll have ANH Medi Han and ANH Luke in the back for an ANH theme or something.

001-23.jpg

Great shots Krayt - thanks for posting them along with your review. I like the way he looks along with the Medi Boba (the only RAH figure I have); they're a good compliment for each other and look great in the case together.

The sleeves on the shirt look like they could be a bit more snug, but I do like this figure overall. He does seem to walk the line between a stylized/realistic look, but I like that. I like that he is different from the SS version, and I like both for different reasons. If I can score it someday at a much lower price I may pick it up to go along with my Medi Fett. Can't have too much classic Solo anyway.

One thing though - shouldn't his collar be folded down? :monkey3

It could go either way i suppose (collar)
han.jpg

Glad you like the pics, i'm not the best at it.

If it wasn't for the Mark III coming to me any day now I would buy this figure today. I think it looks fantastic.

Back