1/6 Medicom RAH Star Wars Han Solo - A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Han Solo Image thread.

Strange. I've been trying not to see it but i keep seeing it.

I agree with the review.

"Who’s scruffy looking?
It’s a great head sculpt!!! Every other reviewer talks about how hard it is to catch Harrison Ford’s likeness and they have been right before, but Medicom has nailed it this time. I think the head sculpt is a little bit stylized on purpose as Medicom likes to do, but it is unmistakably Ford. The skin tone is good and the hair is well textured and painted. You even get a couple of sculpted loose hair sticking out on the front. The eyes don't have the same amount of realism as we are getting used to from Hot Toys’ releases, but they fit well with this figure. The chin scar is there as well and overall, it’s a fantastic sculpt that improves upon but stays true to the Medicom SW line."

"Who’s scruffy looking?
It’s a great head sculpt!!! Every other reviewer talks about how hard it is to catch Harrison Ford’s likeness and they have been right before, but Medicom has nailed it this time. I think the head sculpt is a little bit stylized on purpose as Medicom likes to do, but it is unmistakably Ford. The skin tone is good and the hair is well textured and painted. You even get a couple of sculpted loose hair sticking out on the front. The eyes don't have the same amount of realism as we are getting used to from Hot Toys’ releases, but they fit well with this figure. The chin scar is there as well and overall, it’s a fantastic sculpt that improves upon but stays true to the Medicom SW line."

And people have gotten on to me for saying my reviews where done with rose colored glasses. :lol

Last edited:

woah..can we keep it civil guys?? i'm liking the pics of this figure so it would be a shame to get the thread closed.

The figure looks ok, not the 180.00 figure I would expect at that price. I know I can get it cheaper somewhere else, but Im talking retail price. Anyway, I have never been a fan of Medi's stylized faces. I love their armored figures, but the human faces just look too cartoon for my liking. As far as the review goes I dont agree with the "nailed it part". "Nailed it" to me is saying they got his face down perfect, which to me is not true, if its stylized its not or never wil be a "nailed it" figure. But that is just me. With that said, I have to look around and see where to get him cheap.:D

You could say they nailed the caricature of Han! :D
good point. this is what i think most of the fans are saying. you can definitely tell that it is indeed Ford in the face, but not 100% on par. i'd like to get the clothes and gear for a custom figure, but i doubt i'll ever find them at an affordable price to justify it.

It's looks like Solo to me, just a bit stylized. (can't wait for mine)

From Medi-World.

HanSolo0292.jpg

HanSolo0312.jpg

HanSolo0322.jpg

HanSolo0332.jpg

HanSolo0392.jpg

HanSolo044.jpg

HanSolo0362.jpg

Looks like an 18 year old Han Solo. The resemblance is there, but it's just looking very young.

I really like the hair, though. I think that really helps with capturing the overall "Han Solo" in the sculpt.

I love the look of that Han Stormtrooper! Does anyone know if a medicom head (Han's) will fit a sideshow body (Stormtrooper's)? I'm not keen on the sideshow Han heads and can't pony up another £100 for a medicom stormtrooper.

I love the look of that Han Stormtrooper! Does anyone know if a medicom head (Han's) will fit a sideshow body (Stormtrooper's)? I'm not keen on the sideshow Han heads and can't pony up another £100 for a medicom stormtrooper.

Chances are it won't, as medicom scale is slightly smaller and the neck post is different too.

Its sorta like the "Clone Wars" version of Han Solo. Which is cool cause i love the clone wars:lol

...Aw man if they did a animated version of OT:drool :monkey5

Nah it sorta looks better then the SS trooper with ANH head on it right?, i think this looks more like Han in Star Wars the movie..not animated..where do see this?.

Looks good in the trooper helmet, still not a fan of the figure, but I like that bash.

Back