Medicom RAH Nu-52 Superman and Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw these in person and they do look pretty good. Medicom usually does well with simple comic to figure transitions and these look crisp and sharp. If you want 1:6 New 52, these might be the way to go if you don't want to pay out the butt with the Super Alloys.

Superman looks much better than his "Hush" version. Oh and the vinyl suits have the armor "lines" that Jim Lee drew all over the New 52 outfits. Very nice touch. Medicom has a winner with these I believe.

surely we can only say that medicoms figures are loosely based on comicbook art. I honestly do not think that medicoms hush superman looks anything like jim lee's superman at all?....ever.

headsculpt aside, the hush batmans body is just...odd. I don't recall jim lee's batman physique looking like that? infact i would say that the soon to be released SSC batman has a more jim lee hush body?

I own the hush batman and medicoms joker too, which i think is a great representation of hush joker. And im not hating on medicom, its just that we are lucky enough to have choices at the 1/6 scale right now. and for $200 sideshow wins for me as i cannot justify both.

The Hush Superman has a horrible facesculpt but the point is you can say that because they are actually telling you this is based on not only a comic but a specific comic. Sideshow's not doing that so they cannot be judged the same way or even against each other. If they are then would you say the SSC Superman looks more like 52 Supes than the Medi one? What about the Medi Hush Supes, as bad as he looks, and he looks bad, would you say he looks less like Jim Lee Supes than the SSC Superman?

Which looks like the best generic Superman, Sideshow or Medi? Well SSC of course, but Medi's isn't generic and neither is, say, Hot Toys or Play Imaginitive. So would you say the SSC Superman looks better than the HT Reeve Superman? SSC used their own interpretation and he still looks too skinny.

Who did a better job of making generic superhero figures? SSC. Who did a better job making movie based superhero figures? HT. Who did a better job making comic based figures? Well who's the only one here making comic book based figures? It's Medi. If left to their own interpretation who would make better superhero figures? Well HT and Medi don't make figures from major licenses based on their own interpretations; they make collectibles based on pre-existing media like movies and comic books. Period. Why SSC does it I don't know; they don't do it with their statues and they don't do it with Star Wars. It's like saying they can make DC and Marvel characters that look better than DC and Marvel makes them. That's blasphemy.

I only found out about these today. It's got a bit of a "cheap" vibe to it, but I like it better than what SSC is offering. I like the sculpts. I would have preferred a Capullo Batman though. How profitable is this line? Their DC figures seem to wind up in the bargain bin often, but still the line seems to keep on moving :lol
SDCC-2014-Diamond-Booth-Medicom-015.jpg

SDCC-2014-Diamond-Booth-Medicom-016.jpg

The Superman sculpt is particularly nice. I just wish they were either cheaper or dropped the plastic costumes.

Up close they actually look a lot nicer than from far, like really better. That Superman in particular is good, I don't think the angle or lighting does well for Batman. But they need to change their material for these costumes :slap it's pretty unsightly.

Also on the note Super Alloy, basically true. Though I've noticed Batman goes for surprisingly cheap at times, around $150 which isn't a bad deal. I might get one, I've held it in person and tried it out. Anyone think it's worth it?

i honestly do not think that many photos do medicom figures justice. im lucky enough to have the hush batman, joker, catwoman and harley (all be it at a reduced price point-harley around $100 and joker and catwoman $85) and i really enjoy all of them. so much so that im definitely picking up any future releases...... if the price is right.

i have to admit i have the DKR batman on PO, couldn't resist that figure, and i would also love to pick up hush superman but just not at MSRP.

its kind of a want my cake and eat it senario with medicom. i want the line to continue(hush nightwing and hey, HUSH himself would be awesome) but cannot support the line at MSRP.

I only found out about these today. It's got a bit of a "cheap" vibe to it, but I like it better than what SSC is offering. I like the sculpts. I would have preferred a Capullo Batman though. How profitable is this line? Their DC figures seem to wind up in the bargain bin often, but still the line seems to keep on moving :lol

What is Medicom's obsession with pleather costumes

What is Medicom's obsession with pleather costumes
Maybe cheaper to mass produce? Seriously, I don't know :lol
that superman head on the Play Imaginative body would look amazing
I went & watched reviews of the PI Superman after seeing the Medicom New 52 Superman, thinking about doing that. But the PI Superman isn't super attractive, even at it's discounted price. Another $100 off of the discounted price, & then maybe .....

I went & watched reviews of the PI Superman after seeing the Medicom New 52 Superman, thinking about doing that. But the PI Superman isn't super attractive, even at it's discounted price. Another $100 off of the discounted price, & then maybe .....
Pretty much yeah. I like the look of it, and the Batman (who I am on the fence about.) but they're far too much.

These don't look like high end 1/6 figs imo, the belts, the weird looking suits... maybe nicer than a WalMart 12" toy, but North of 50 bucks and it's a lol-fest. :lol

Regarding why they look cheap, and continue to use the pleather, my theory is that the primary (Asian) customer base for these figures want consistency across the RAH lines, which started being produced in the '90s. Otherwise I'm baffled as to how they could charge what they do and still get people to pay it.

Regarding why they look cheap, and continue to use the pleather, my theory is that the primary (Asian) customer base for these figures want consistency across the RAH lines, which started being produced in the '90s. Otherwise I'm baffled as to how they could charge what they do and still get people to pay it.

I don't know why people pay what they do for Medicom - but they do Anime well - the Attack of Titan figures are great. As for why the pleather on these - the new 52 designs require all the score lines on the body suit and I'd imagine that was an easy way to achieve that look. Why they used it on the HUSH Superman I don't know.

i just dont get it why they making capes like that.. totally not accurate and looks ugly.

aggree mate i would not buying PI for $100, my friend got the PI superman 52 and the worst part he got the shorts other way arround.. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that superman head on the Play Imaginative body would look amazing

I agree! Looks incredible! Wish they would add ankle articulation to the boots--ones that will support the figure while standing and posing As well as flying. If thy do this, I'll add them to my collection.

Back