Medicom RAH and Sideshow 1/6 scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medi's body is a fragle, but poses great.

Why do people say that? I've owned as many as 22 at once, and haven't had any issues with the RAH body at all, and I love that it's balanced and poses so superbly. I saw that the Comic Spidey body would have some legs break, but wasn't that custom cast in red to go with the figure?

some people never hae them break, and some people just get bad luck. my medicom spiderman broke seconds out of the box, pics related.
DSC00427.jpg

his legs
DSC00429.jpg

his shatteres shoulder
DSC00428.jpg

My medicom stormie, which i got from Nash for a fantastic price due to a bad bit of shoulder armor ( again nash, Thanks, his armor's all better now :) ) Arrived with both his shoulders broken and one bad hip, as well as a foot made of what can only be described as shrapnel, curtisy of the USPS. I've fixed all of my busted medi's myself, it's a fairly easy thing to do thankfully :)

some people never hae them break, and some people just get bad luck. my medicom spiderman broke seconds out of the box, pics related. My medicom stormie, which i got from Nash for a fantastic price due to a bad bit of shoulder armor ( again nash, Thanks, his armor's all better now :) ) Arrived with both his shoulders broken and one bad hip, as well as a foot made of what can only be described as shrapnel, curtisy of the USPS. I've fixed all of my busted medi's myself, it's a fairly easy thing to do thankfully :)

Unfortunately it's due to the lack of quality plastic and where Medicom decided to put the anchor points for the arms and legs. The arms are secured at the down angle to the inside of the lower ribcage and the legs are secured through the buttocks. The overall quality of plastic is poor and the plastic pins that hold the limbs in place are thin as is and then they're screwed through to hold them in place, further weakening them. Yet they're expected to withstand all the force of movement/posing from any of the limbs. If the anchor points were positioned better, and a better quality plastic used, these issues wouldn't exist.

Is the Medi Maul headsculpt the same size/scale as the Sideshow one? I wouldn't mind trying to replace just the headsculpt on my SS with the Medi one if it was available and to scale.

(the neck can be trimmed down if needed...)

Why do people say that? I've owned as many as 22 at once, and haven't had any issues with the RAH body at all, and I love that it's balanced and poses so superbly. I saw that the Comic Spidey body would have some legs break, but wasn't that custom cast in red to go with the figure?

pb260380wk2.jpg

When I had my Medi Bruce Lee, I was afraid to pose him. Cause every time I moved him he felt like he was going to break.

So the sculpted chest on Goku cracks? Glad I know that now, I'm always tempted to buy the DBZ figures.

So the sculpted chest on Goku cracks? Glad I know that now, I'm always tempted to buy the DBZ figures.

yea stay away until they sort that nonsense out. Its too bad, as I was super pumped for piccolo, but wont get him now.

on another note, (people who shall remain unnamed) whats with all the ass-hattery in here? State how you feel and then let the TC make his own mind. I think we know your thoughts from your first post. The 20 more after are not very necessary. :confused:

pb260380wk2.jpg

When I had my Medi Bruce Lee, I was afraid to pose him. Cause every time I moved him he felt like he was going to break.

So the Medicom DBZ figures have rubber bodysuits?

I think we've learned a valuable lesson here today:

Never buy Medicom brand condoms. :monkey3

pb260380wk2.jpg

Can't say I wouldn't be a little bent. Had this on order from a retailer as an X-mas present for a buddy of mine who's a DBZ fanatic. Thanks for the heads up. I'll cancel it now.

As to the Bruce Lee, I know what you mean. Felt the same way about Luke. My Punisher can't put his right arm down either and I don't even want to fiddle with it to get it to lay properly let alone try to force it. :(

Is the Medi Maul headsculpt the same size/scale as the Sideshow one? I wouldn't mind trying to replace just the headsculpt on my SS with the Medi one if it was available and to scale.

(the neck can be trimmed down if needed...)

the Medicom head is much smaller than the sideshow one. this makes him more out of scale than the normal Medicom SW figure.

From web images, I think the Sideshow Maul head looks just fine. Perhaps it's the more menacing face of the Medicom Maul that people find more appealing.

hey guys just checked out the RAH darth maul at this toystore near my house. and DAMN they let me take it out of the box and screw around with it. it looks great, the neck isnt even that noticeable in person all your attention is on his face, which by the way is deadly. the only thing was they were selling it for 179.99 canadian i just laughed and said i was gonna get it 100 dollars cheaper, thanks for letting me play with it though heh

Back