Medicom RAH and Sideshow 1/6 scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course you would. You're a Medi Apologist. Here, check out Michael Crawford's review of it: Medicom Darth Maul

Wow, do you trust every review/article or newspaper report that you have read?

Randysgut - Medi Maul is a great figure, a little futzing is all you need and he has that killer stare, I sold my SS exclusive Maul after getting Medi Maul, no regrets!

Considering Medicom and Sideshow are both producing quality SW figures, do you think Sideshow will still do characters Medicom has already done such as Boba Fett, 501st Clone Trooper, etc?

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm quite stupid when it comes to these trivial matters.

Here, check out Michael Crawford's review of it: Medicom Darth Maul

I would recommend that you read the review as well. Michael Crawford writes detailed reviews and if he doesn't like something about he figure he explains why. He is also pretty impartial on this whole Medicom / Sideshow war.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Medi-Maul unless you can pick him up cheap.

MC's review of maul is one that i don't agree with.(mostly) And he sold me on Jango, and his pics are awful and not representing of the figure in hand IMO.(we told him this at medi-world long ago) If the figure actually looked like that in mikes pics there's no way i woulda bought it. (you can make maul look like absolute ^^^^ if you want easily, he does need to be futzed. But after some simple futz and maybe a little pad he's the best 1/6 maul)

Randy go get him at 89$ it's a steal.

I see only one apologist in this thread!

Don't listen to Nam and his BS most people here don't anyways. FQ will also dish out some decent advice here and there. But Nam IS THE NEXT JOSH and that's no good.

Maul is a great figure not perfect but for 89$ it's a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Side-by-side, the top of the Sandtrooper's helmet is just above the top of Praji's hat. Praji is short, and you can really tell when you have him next to Marmits.

Also, the Medi-Sandtrooper is taller than the Medi-Stormie due to the helmet resting on the pauldron slightly.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

As evilface once said to ya

"STFU NEWB"

:lol

It's funny how that's all you Elitist Medicom Apologists can say. At least I'm honest about the figure, not taking advantage of new members and urging them to drop a C-note on trash. And after shipping that's what he'll be left thinking. "$#!+, I paid $100 for this?!" I had the figure before I read Michael's review but agreed with it 100%. Crawford's review was accurate, unbiased and unapologetic. It's not that I don't like Medicom's figures, their Jango, the troopers both Storm and Clone and the ROTJ Vader are great (just wish the RAH body was taller and more durable). But don't kid yourself, for the price, Maul is a turd.

Considering Medicom and Sideshow are both producing quality SW figures, do you think Sideshow will still do characters Medicom has already done such as Boba Fett, 501st Clone Trooper, etc?

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm quite stupid when it comes to these trivial matters.

Most definitely. They've already done Vader and Stormtroopers which Medi has done and they're starting on the clones. I'd say we'll have a Sandie by mid next year and probably one of the Fetts by the end of '09.

Here's a older comparison shot I did.

Medi's are noticably shorter (except the clones), but they are very very nice IMO.

sideshow-medicom-sizecomparison.jpg

Hmmm... I'm wondering if I should just wait until SS releases these figures then. I'd like to keep them all uniform if at all possible. I've got the Medicom RAH Shock Trooper and 501st Clone trooper figures and they look great, but I really want them to be in scale with the figures I'm collecting from SS, like the 212th clones. Thanks guys. Please continue...

I'm new to 1:6 scale figures, so forgive me if this is common knowledge, but has SS said that they will produce Storm Troopers, Vader, or Boba Fett? This possibility has kept me from going after the Medicom versions, but unless there is some reason to think that this might happen, I might just give in one day and pick up some Medicom versions.

Vader comes out 2nd quater 2009, Stormtrooper should be out this month. (Get on the Wait List) Boba has not been announced, but I can't imagine them leaving this one out.

Here's a older comparison shot I did.

Medi's are noticably shorter (except the clones), but they are very very nice IMO.

sideshow-medicom-sizecomparison.jpg

Is that Leia in Stormtrooper disguise?! :p Thanks for posting the pic. Gives those who need it a fair and honest comparison vs. all the apologist garbage being posted.

Vader comes out 2nd quater 2009, Stormtrooper should be out this month. (Get on the Wait List) Boba has not been announced, but I can't imagine them leaving this one out.

I still think Boba will be saved for SDCC '09. Hopefully we'll see Jango before then as the precursor.

Boba/Jango will show up this summer. I can't think of anything else that would knock us on our ass like Jabba and Vader did.

I actually think Medi-Maul is a good figure and considering retail is like 150, 89 does seem like a good price.

Gotta chime in here...

Quick disclaimer first:
1. I own a few Medi-figures (just SW stuff)
2. I own more than a few SST figures as well
3. I don't think I'll be getting many more Medi-figures (becoming too costly, and I'm not digging them that much)

Having said that, I don't see where your statement of "taking advantage" is coming from TNM... the man asked for advice and insight, and was provided with both, some positive, some negative. How is pointing out to a great deal (considering the original cost of the figure) a bad thing? Just because you yourself don't like it? If somebody really likes SST's Ep. IV Leia and finds it for 30 bucks, he's wrong to point it out? That just doesn't make sense.

As for me, although I'm not a big fan of the SST Maul, I like it enough not to feel the need to get another one.

And no, I don't like displaying the Medi-figures with the SST ones, the style is way too different IMO, so I keep them separate. The height issues also prevent me from doing that, but from both points of view. SST figures are usually melon-headed, so they tend to look funny when displayed next to others with better proportions.

I actually think Medi-Maul is a good figure and considering retail is like 150, 89 does seem like a good price.

Once you add in tax and shipping, you're over the $100 mark. And he isn't worth that at all. With what I know now by owning him, the lack of QC, giraffe neck, skinny/fragile RAH body, Hasbro quality sabers and all, I'd really have a hard time picking him up even at Sideshow's Maul price of $50.

Gotta chime in here...

Having said that, I don't see where your statement of "taking advantage" is coming from TNM... the man asked for advice and insight, and was provided with both, some positive, some negative. How is pointing out to a great deal (considering the original cost of the figure) a bad thing? Just because you yourself don't like it? If somebody really likes SST's Ep. IV Leia and finds it for 30 bucks, he's wrong to point it out? That just doesn't make sense.

It was more to do with Krayt's comment about ignoring the complaints about the figure and pushing them off as petty and untrue that led to this. Again, Medi's Maul has glaring issues that shouldn't be ignored regardless of the still high price/discount, and that's exactly what Krayt was encouraging.

Last edited:
Back