Medicom RAH and Sideshow 1/6 scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all the feedback guys. im still debating whether to buy it or not. love maul, and this is probably the best figure of him, or at least the most accurate looking. so hopefully it wont sell it out by the time i decide to buy it.

You should do a search, there's a thread with amazing pics of the Medi-Maul, and there's also some pretty crap pics put there as well.

Of course, lots of futzing.
But, considering that we buy completely new head-sculpts and repaint figures and swap bodies, it's nothing that major.
But yes.
The best pics are not of the straight-out-of-the-box variety, if I remember correctly.

All we are saying, is give peace a chance.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/I-NRriHlLUk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/I-NRriHlLUk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/I-NRriHlLUk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/I-NRriHlLUk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultimately its up to you, bro. I would suggest you do a little research on the figure(s). If you have the cash, buy both the SS and Medi and kitbash, its the only way to get a "perfect" Maul. I personally dont buy the medis, but that is only because of the price (Just cant afford the 150.00 + price). Unfortunately, alot of people here tend to be bias, be it Medi or SS, so they are no help at all.

hey, um, nam, if you really no likey the medi-maul, why not sell him?

Comming from someone who' got both SS and Medi figures, theyre both good, and they both have weak points. sideshow's maul has an incredable costume and great likeness in the Headsculpt. medi's has a better expression, and it's costume hangs better. Sideshow's belt is superior, and in my opinion so are the lightsabers. sorry, but The medicom Light-dongs just don't look right to me. purely preference there. Medi's body is a fragle, but poses great. Sideshow's body is nigh-indestructable but poses like a mildly retarded monkey. sideshow's hase fixed wrists, medi's has poseable wrists. Medi's is a little undersized, but have any of you ever met ray park? The man is a bit short. Great guy, friend of mine went drinking with him at dragon con.
Is medi's worth 150$ ? IMHO not a chance in hell. but 89? yeah, i'd say he's worth that, easy.
at the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. I've got Sideshow maul and I love him, he's a great figure. i'll also be getting the medi one when I'vwe got the spare cash,as well as tracking down some replacement sabers for him.

hey, um, nam, if you really no likey the medi-maul, why not sell him?

Comming from someone who' got both SS and Medi figures, theyre both good, and they both have weak points. sideshow's maul has an incredable costume and great likeness in the Headsculpt. medi's has a better expression, and it's costume hangs better. Sideshow's belt is superior, and in my opinion so are the lightsabers. sorry, but The medicom Light-dongs just don't look right to me. purely preference there. Medi's body is a fragle, but poses great. Sideshow's body is nigh-indestructable but poses like a mildly retarded monkey. sideshow's hase fixed wrists, medi's has poseable wrists. Medi's is a little undersized, but have any of you ever met ray park? The man is a bit short. Great guy, friend of mine went drinking with him at dragon con.
Is medi's worth 150$ ? IMHO not a chance in hell. but 89? yeah, i'd say he's worth that, easy.
at the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. I've got Sideshow maul and I love him, he's a great figure. i'll also be getting the medi one when I'vwe got the spare cash,as well as tracking down some replacement sabers for him.

Well said. But, while Ray is short, he's short and stocky. Not malnourished, long and lanky like the RAH body Medi's Maul is on. As for selling, I don't flip and prefer to keep him and the ROTS Vader as reminders why not to jump at the Medis but to wait until production pics are released (which worked wonders by saving me from pre-ordering their Indy - WTF were they thinking?! :lol). Maybe eventually I'll let him go, but right now, no.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I think I just #@%&ed my pants from laughing!

Well, just to add my two cents worth. I had a Medi Vader, loved the figure. But, I sold him when SS announced their Vader because of scale issues (I wanted a massive Vader to lay down the law on that nancy boy, Luke in ESB). However, I do have a Boba Medi on the way. And if the actual Medi Han looks like those prototype pics, I'm going to have to nab one of those!

I myself have had very limited experience with the RAH Mediocm product and have had issues with the short scale but I will say this, I had both the episode 3 and the 501st clones and they were amazing pieces! Both in quality and in scale, the scale was perfect 12".

I knew as soon as I saw the words "Sideshow" and "Medicom" in the same thread title that it was gonna get bumpy....:rolleyes:

:huh What were the chances?

:monkey3

My two cents... I probably won't be buying anymore Medi RAH SW products. While the Stormtrooper's been great the helmet of my ROTJ Vader flips off at the slightest touch (don't even get me started on his flippers that can't hold his hands), my Jango already had one of his cords snap when I looked at it the wrong way and while he's an awesome fig (Boba too) I'm scared to move him now for fear that he'll spontaneously errupt, and then there's Maul...:maul

He looks great when you get him posed-- but his head's a *(^%$(&^ that'll fall off with the simplest movement and his giraffe neck is problematic.

I own five Medi RAH-- ask me a year from now and that number'll either be the same or lower. Prices are too high for what you receive.

Just an opinion, everyone is entitled to one.

I will try to have the best of both worlds and invest in Medicom and Sideshow. I just won't display the figures together because I know the size difference would probably bug me. My Medi Shock Trooper and 501st clones are very cool, and I will most likely collect all the clone variants in the Medicom line, but that might be it. When it comes to Maul I'll be getting the Sideshow version. Thanks, guys.

Last edited:
Questions: Do RAH heads fit on True Types? Do I need to modify the post? Are their heads too small/too big for the TT?

Might get this and put it on those new smaller TT bodies.

Thanks!

Questions: Do RAH heads fit on True Types? Do I need to modify the post? Are their heads too small/too big for the TT?

Might get this and put it on those new smaller TT bodies.

Thanks!

Depends on the RAH. Medi's Punisher, who's true to scale with every other 1:6, worked great on a TrueType with the extra articulated neck and it solved most of the crappy RAH body issues. However, the smaller scale ones, like Vader and Maul, look pinheaded.

Back