Action Figure Medicom RAH 1/6 Link The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medicom Link Skyward Sword is pretty good for a general looking Link. I have one and it’s quite good.
I’ve thought about it, but it’s just not quite the Link I want to put down money towards. Skyward Sword is probably near the bottom of my rankings, and there’s enough difference in design to bug me.

I think my top picks would be Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, or Hyrule Warriors Link.

I shortened my Link figures by removing the extra ankle extension ring and shortening the ankle post. It’s not much of a difference but it does make him shorter.

I bought a few custom tunic and hat sets years ago for SS Link including an updated green one and a black one for Shadow Link. I think it turned out well.
957C75C3-A128-4A01-B2A0-0211CDD964F5.jpeg

I would like an older link as well. I feel like I'm in the minority when I say these switch games just don't feel like Zelda at all. Link doesn't even look like link.

I would like an older link as well. I feel like I'm in the minority when I say these switch games just don't feel like Zelda at all. Link doesn't even look like link.
I don't mind BOTW, and I'm very much looking forward to TOTK, but the "traditional" Link in green is still my default look. In BOTW, I was basically speedrunning to get him in green.
8ajnh1zmg2g01.jpg

No they just don’t make 1/6th scale anymore for some reason
Nintendo really needs more 1/6 figures in general. A 1/6 Zelda or Samus or Fire Emblem characters... But it still bugs me that we don't have a proper 1/6 left-handed Link yet. If I were to ever get the Medicom Skyward Sword Link, I'd have to customize so much to get him looking the way I'd want.

Zelda is the only property and game these days that I will play through 100% and play multiple times through. I’ve played all the major ones since the original came out for Nintendo 1. Twilight Princess was my favorite until BOTW came out.

BOTW is great and it’s definitely one of my favorite games to play. I was hesitant of the new look but it does grow on you. My go to outfit in the game is the Fierce Deity costume. I like running around killing everything looking like God Link. I even tried to make a FD outfit for an extra SS Medicom Link before I made the Shadow Link. It was ok.

I don't mind BOTW, and I'm very much looking forward to TOTK, but the "traditional" Link in green is still my default look. In BOTW, I was basically speedrunning to get him in green.
8ajnh1zmg2g01.jpg

I still can't believe Nintendo hasn't made those outfits available outside of amiibos. I'm not paying $50 for a figure to unlock those outfits. You talk about EA and Ubisoft being greedy ... Nintendo might be the stingiest video game company out there. TOTK being $70!!! and their **** never being discounted even after years?!!? Get da **** outta here.

I consider myself fortunate for picking up BOTW for $40. I can wait for TOTK ... but alas, they'll probably make more amiibo exclusive stuff that I'll miss out on.

Nintendo is sitting on so many great designs and beloved characters that would make great figures, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Samus, Bayonetta etc. They haven't even made BotW figmas although that game sold 5x more than any Zelda game before it. Even that 3DS game got a figma.

I still can't believe Nintendo hasn't made those outfits available outside of amiibos. I'm not paying $50 for a figure to unlock those outfits. You talk about EA and Ubisoft being greedy ... Nintendo might be the stingiest video game company out there. TOTK being $70!!! and their **** never being discounted even after years?!!? Get da **** outta here.

I consider myself fortunate for picking up BOTW for $40. I can wait for TOTK ... but alas, they'll probably make more amiibo exclusive stuff that I'll miss out on.
Just get all the cards on aliexpress for like 10 bucks. Or make your own nfc cards. No need to buy the actual toys

Just get all the cards on aliexpress for like 10 bucks. Or make your own nfc cards. No need to buy the actual toys
I bought a whole set of cards on eBay years before some of the Amiibos came out. They work great and easier to store instead of having to break out 20+ figurines every time I want to use them.

Last edited:
Nintendo is sitting on so many great designs and beloved characters that would make great figures, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Samus, Bayonetta etc. They haven't even made BotW figmas although that game sold 5x more than any Zelda game before it. Even that 3DS game got a figma.
Exactly. Blows my mind. And I know those figmas sell. We got figmas for A Link Between Worlds and Skyward Sword Link, but no Breath of the Wild? No Ocarina of Time? No Ganondorf of any kind? And Nintendo is still working with them on figma figures (Metroid Dread Samus looks great). Just odd choices.

I’m actually surprised we even got 1/6 BOTW Link, and I think he looks good, but I’m just an old-school purist. I want him in green, left-handed, non-SS design. Won’t happen, I wager, but maybe I’ll do a custom when budget isn’t so tight. Would just be a lot easier if Nintendo made the darn things.
This. Amiibos are great as collectibles, but suck as “DLC” add-ons. If that’s all you care about, they’re much, MUCH easier and cheaper to get as nfc cards.

I love some of my Amiibos. Very high quality little statues, of video game characters that don't get enough collectible love in some cases. But I agree about the DLC gimmick sucking. In Smash Bros. it's completely useless to me. I was very thankful to have those when Breath of the Wild came out, though, so I got the classic costume and Epona.

Is there a discussion thread for Breath of the Wild or Tears of the Kingdom? Can’t seem to find it.

In Tears of the Kingdom you can find all the Amiibo outfits in chests. Including the Divine Beast Helms.

Is there a discussion thread for Breath of the Wild or Tears of the Kingdom? Can’t seem to find it.
No. Anything videogame-related is pretty much dead on this forum nowadays (there's not a even a PS5/Xbox board). I remember the old days where the game boards were brimming with discussion about anything under the sun but something changed.

Looks like we will be getting the TOTK figma treatment.

Attachments

• IMG_4674.jpeg
    IMG_4674.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
Back