Medicom R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any in-hand pics Rorywan?

Soon, it's on it's way. I know this is way over priced but I have loved this droid since the first movie hit. And I also love the recent Medi 3po and R2. So I couldn't not get him..

I will post some pics as soon as he arrives, this week I would imagine..
:yess:

Soon, it's on it's way. I know this is way over priced but I have loved this droid since the first movie hit. And I also love the recent Medi 3po and R2. So I couldn't not get him..

I will post some pics as soon as he arrives, this week I would imagine..

Please do so, I'm tempting to get this one too :hi5:

He just arrived, from this point onwards I'm not even going to mention the cost of this thing, it's crazy yes, 100%.

Now, the droid. It's absolutely ____ing amazing. The detail, aging and weathering on it, is as good if not better than Hot Toys. Even down to the "rainbow foil" band below his head, I actually don't think it could be any better. I love these Medi droids, R2 was amazing as well. The detail is really second to none, those little silver panels on his front? They aren't just painted on, they are inlaid into the surface of the plastic. As R5D4 goes this is pretty much flawless. The paintwork is far better than SS, even though I'm in love with their Battledroids and IG88 at the moment. This all seems hand aged, hand weathered, apart from the price (a big minus point obviously) I would give this a 10.

I will post some pics in a while...

Last edited:
DSC06238.jpg
DSC06225.jpg
DSC06218.jpg
DSC06212.jpg
DSC06216.jpg
DSC06226.jpg

Looks really cool! :) Now if they would release and R2-Q5 and an R5-J2 Imperial Astromechs then I'd be totally in.

Great shots, I have the Hasbro version posed with my Jawas, though this figure looks amazing (the foil inlays are sweet), I would never go with Medi on droids when SST has them coming. The size factor stands out more with droids to me than the human figures as I can pose the peeps in ways to minimize thier missing inch...

Nice , but price-product fail , this little guy costs the same as a HT figure, and they me offer ? .....nothing , no lights , no accesories .

Last edited:
No lights on R5-D4? Yeah, that definitely makes it less attractive.

But it does look damn cool. He was one of my favourites when I was a kid (the original release). Seeing him with R2 and Threepio makes me really look forward to when Sideshow makes theirs! And by that time, the way the prices have been going up, they probably will be the same price as the Medi versions--if not more.

No lights on R5-D4? Yeah, that definitely makes it less attractive.

But it does look damn cool. He was one of my favourites when I was a kid (the original release). Seeing him with R2 and Threepio makes me really look forward to when Sideshow makes theirs! And by that time, the way the prices have been going up, they probably will be the same price as the Medi versions--if not more.

Thats a very good point actually.:lecture

I could not for a second argue that this isn't way over priced. It is however a fantastic version of R5D4.

Beautiful pics rorywan!! :clap :rock :rock :clap

Amazing detail on this little guy - Medi did good there.. but, yeah.

The price is insane, no features (where's the bad motivator..), & scale is obviously an issue if you have HT / SSC figures you want to display alongside them.

Shame... :(

Back