Medicom R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought 3po and r2 and they look really nice but since HT is making SW now I think my days of buying Medi are over.

How IS Medicom going to compete with the successful bond of craftsmanship between SS and Hot Toys?

On a side note, does anyone think Hot Toys will do a Darth Maul? I have to say I love my Medicom one, and the Sideshow Inclusive accessories make him truly complete, but I'm getting really worried about my wallet, LOL!
I would think Hot Toys would be more concerned with the OT characters, so hopefully I can stick with my personal favorite Sith Lord just the way he is now :wink1:

It was debuted at the same con where they debuted the Asajj Ventress/Count Dooku statue. Back then, there were still unicorns, the earth was green, the Irish Rovers had a tv show, etc.

Ah, an age long gone, where women found me attractive and I would spend my Tuesday nights at bars, drinking till 3 am and still manage to wake up at 6 am for work.... Back when you could smoke in bars and foreplay consisted of unzipping my fly.

I really hope that when SS finally does the droids (R2) that they price them similarly to the Battle Droids.
Not in two packs, but for less than $100 each.
The Medicom price is retarded.

We know that they'll repaint the bajeezus out of that mold, and modify it for R5's and so on..

They should make a standard droid, and maybe a deluxe with opening doors and all the attachment arms.

Heck they should even sell them plain and unpainted/unassembled.
Because they are are going to be customed to death as well.

Ah, an age long gone, where women found me attractive and I would spend my Tuesday nights at bars, drinking till 3 am and still manage to wake up at 6 am for work.... Back when you could smoke in bars and foreplay consisted of unzipping my fly.

A land before time...:monkey2

They should have done an R5-D4 too. Then I'd have something to admire in the old folks home in between nurse visits.

I thought you wore velcro pants like these so the foreplay would go even faster...:rotfl

product_231_file_medium.jpg

Your not Charlie Sheen are you?

I really hope that when SS finally does the droids (R2) that they price them similarly to the Battle Droids.
Not in two packs, but for less than $100 each.
The Medicom price is retarded.

We know that they'll repaint the bajeezus out of that mold, and modify it for R5's and so on..

They should make a standard droid, and maybe a deluxe with opening doors and all the attachment arms.

Heck they should even sell them plain and unpainted/unassembled.
Because they are are going to be customed to death as well.

I think that is one major pipe dream. Boba is $160. Iggy is $175. Grievous is $200. R2/Threepio will probably end up somewhere in that range, if not more.

The battle droids molds can yield much more variations than the R2/Threepio molds can. And with the battle droids it's just paint variations. The molds can stay pretty much the same. R2/Threepio would need more complicated variations like different heads in addition to a different paint scheme.

There are a ton of astromechs that could be produced as simple paint variations. R4's and R5's would only need a new dome, but it's just the dome. I'm not sure how much difficult protocol droid variants would be either. The silver one from TPM, the white one from ESB, the one behind 3PO on the Tantiv IV...and then death star droids and 4LOM would mostly only be a change of head. I don't see how it's that complicated. They could push it if they wanted.

Sure, but I wouldn't count on that bringing down the cost of R2/Threepio to the level of the battle droids.

Believe me, I would LOVE to have the droids be moderately-priced, but I don't see it happening.

You're right. The clones were never bargain priced, and look at the mileage those have racked up so far.

However, I don't see R2 or 3PO costing the same as Grievous or IG-88. Medicom's are overpriced and I hope Sideshow agrees.

3PO should be fairly inexpensive, at least when compared to Grievous and IG-88. He should be gold plated with light articulation and light up eyes. I don't need one that comes apart, just the figure... he doesn't need additional hands or any other accessories. Bare bones.... Hell, make a clean version first and then a second Tatooine dirty version.

R2 I can see getting expensive. It's all going to depend upon the level of complexity with opening hatches versus snap on parts. If SS goes balls out I can see R2 being on the higher end, price wise. Personally I'd like to see some features, perhaps a pop up sensor and hatch that opens to reveal a data plug arm... and of course light up features. I'm sure they'll be tempted to add sound as well, and I wouldn't be opposed to that.

I would definitely buy a $200 R2, but he would need all of that to make it worth it.

The interactive R2 from a few years ago used to be available for $99. He costs $199 now. If Hasbro can provide all that for the price, then Sideshow has no excuse not to shoot the works for the same.

Back