Medicom Mutt williams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the KOTCS shots, DarthNeill...you're right, that sculpt does look better w/o the hat. And wow...that zipper is REALLY big. I know they changed the one on Mutt's jacket from the proto, I don't understand why they didn't for Indy too...would've looked a lot better. I think I'll try the Hasbro Jacket on him to see if that looks alright...

The Crystal Skull is cool too...

...and I'm gonna ask a dumb question (since these will be my first Medi figures)...do they come with the stand?

The KOTCS Indy's sculpt looks fantastic, but that hat looks horrible. The crown is way too tall. I wonder why they didn't just reuse the hat from the younger Indy since they recylcled pretty much everything else from that figure?

The hair is too dark. lighter brown with some grey would make the sculpt look a lot better. Looks like he used a hair color product

Welllllllllllllllllllll... He is dating someone (Calista) 30 years his junior.:lol

dsc05050ra0.jpg

He looks like Nathan Patrelli from Heroes

hero-adrpas.jpg

Mine showed up today:

DSC06547.jpg

Mutt's perfect. I'm a little surprised they didn't include ungloved hands but it's not a big deal. The leather jacket looks great, much better than say Sideshow's Terminator and the pins look individually applied. I love the Russian sack the Crystal Skull comes in but the Skull isn't quite as nice as the Gentle Giant crate version. It's missing the brain cloud.

And, since I got everything, here's Crystal Skull Indy:

DSC06548.jpg

I love the head sculpt but did a little kitbashing on him. The body is a Medicom Massive. I used the extra chest piece for the Medi Indy (who's my Last Crusade version). This body with the broader shoulders, thicker thighs abut less broad chest feels right for a man in his 60's. Indy's hands weren't a great fit in the massive body so I kept the massive's. They're paler but they also work for his age. I used the leg extenders as well to make him taller than most Medis and definitely taller than Mutt.

I ditched the jacket since it was the same as the Medi Indy. I wanted to get the warehouse look (the best part of the movie) and differentiate him from the otehr Indys on my shelf (five at last count!). The bag was too small so I used the Hasbro version. I also reshaped the hat with some hot water. It's a totally different sculpt than their first Indy, darker and more beat up. BTW, the whip is a darker brown than the first.

I was iffy about these two but now I'm really glad I got them.

doesitmatter: Mutt looks great. Good work on Indy, that's the first pic of him that I like. Wouldn't buy him myself but the mods you did on him really improve the figure.

Now I really want that Mutt...good thing a lot of people hate KOTCS, I can pick him up for cheap whenever I want to. :D

Back