Medicom Mutt williams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, ordered a Phase 1 Clone Trooper during Fantacular and low and behold, guess who the freebie was? :lol

____ing Medicom. :monkey4. Wrist peg was broken right out of the box - so much for the new bodies (though I suppose if you can get the one out of the dueling hand without it breaking you could use that). Currently making lemonade from lemons. He ports over flawlessly to a Slim TT. The only issue I have is the Jeans. They seem a little too tight and if they wind up being sot with the shirt tucked in, the cow will be playing a bit of peek-a-boo through the barn door since the fly is so oddly sewn. Should that be the issue though, I can just as easily raid a set from the Hasbro one I have in the parts bin. :lol

I don't get why they sewed the collar on the jacket down though, but easily remedied by snipping the stitch. Just need to find a SS Indy stand (probably pick one up from TA) and a 1:6 switchblade (Joker's isn't accurate).

Can't say he's even worth the $75 discounted price, but hell, can't argue with free. Thanks for the figure Sideshow! :rock:rock:rock

Well, ordered a Phase 1 Clone Trooper during Fantacular and low and behold, guess who the freebie was? :lol

____ing Medicom. :monkey4. Wrist peg was broken right out of the box - so much for the new bodies (though I suppose if you can get the one out of the dueling hand without it breaking you could use that). Currently making lemonade from lemons. He ports over flawlessly to a Slim TT. The only issue I have is the Jeans. They seem a little too tight and if they wind up being sot with the shirt tucked in, the cow will be playing a bit of peek-a-boo through the barn door since the fly is so oddly sewn. Should that be the issue though, I can just as easily raid a set from the Hasbro one I have in the parts bin. :lol

I don't get why they sewed the collar on the jacket down though, but easily remedied by snipping the stitch. Just need to find a SS Indy stand (probably pick one up from TA) and a 1:6 switchblade (Joker's isn't accurate).

Can't say he's even worth the $75 discounted price, but hell, can't argue with free. Thanks for the figure Sideshow! :rock:rock:rock

Awesome, Nam. At least you got something you considered buying at one point. Mutt does look pretty good next to the KOTCS Indy too. Would you say that porting Mutt over to the Slim TT makes much of a difference? I never ended up doing it myself... Still on the Medi body. :D

On a side note, I'd say if I paid over $75.00 for this figure I'd be pissed. I just can't imagine that people paid over $150.00 for this thing.

Awesome, Nam. At least you got something you considered buying at one point. Mutt does look pretty good next to the KOTCS Indy too. Would you say that porting Mutt over to the Slim TT makes much of a difference? I never ended up doing it myself... Still on the Medi body. :D

On a side note, I'd say if I paid over $75.00 for this figure I'd be pissed. I just can't imagine that people paid over $150.00 for this thing.

Quality-wise, I'd say it makes all the difference getting him off that 10-year-old girl body both proportionately and durability-wise. It elevates him from Medi to SS status (comparing to KOTCS Indy) and I have a counterpart now for geezer Indy, as well as a bag for Sideshow's better Crystal Skull. I'm just glad I had a couple Slims lying around.

Quality-wise, I'd say it makes all the difference getting him off that 10-year-old girl body both proportionately and durability-wise. It elevates him from Medi to SS status (comparing to KOTCS Indy) and I have a counterpart now for geezer Indy, as well as a bag for Sideshow's better Crystal Skull. I'm just glad I had a couple Slims lying around.

Careful, I heard his bag's dye can melt off onto the skull if you put it inside.

Well I have one new/never displayed going for $50 shipped.

What neck did you use? The Slim TT or a Pro/normal TT?

Slim TT. At first it looks a bit giraffe-ish but the neck sinks into the body a bit. Plus Shia has a bit of a long neck anyway.

Careful, I heard his bag's dye can melt off onto the skull if you put it inside.

Odd considering Medi's skull looks to be the same material and comes packed away in the bag. What's the source of the rumor?

Congrats, Nam. You can't argue with free!

Well, if I was a douchy entitlement bastard, I could. But I'm not. Hence why I can't even be bothered to return him for the broken wrist peg. :lol

At least he was free, Nam!

It's a coincidence that you should bump this thread, as I'm expecting my Medicom Mutt to arrive today. I totally agree that these figures are never worth their recommended retail price, so I waited until there was one on ebay listed as an auction rather than a buy-it-now. I got mine for £33 delivered in the UK, which is about the value I would place on these.

A couple of weeks ago I received the Medicom Raiders Indy for £34.99 delivered (which was actually a low priced buy-it-now), though from the title and description I was expecting to receive the Crystal Skull version. I can't say that I'm very impressed with Medicom quality, certainly not £100+ quality! But as an Indy fan I just can't help myself.

I don't even like Mutt as a character, but the figure still said "buy me"...

Yeah, Medi's Indy blows. He'd still suck if he was free, IMO, because there's just so much wrong. Even looking at the Hasbro figure (which I don't like to compare much), it seems that Hasbro's looks like a better representation. Wonky likeness (when the rest are less "stylized," Auschwitz skeletal body, silly hat, orange whip, etc. There's just so much fail there. Sometimes I wonder who the person is in Medicom that says, "Yeah, that looks great! Approved! Make thousands and we'll charge $180 a pop!"

As for Mutt, It wasn't so much a complaint as an observation. While personally, I never would've paid for the guy, I saw the potential with a body swap and wasn't all that surprised to see that the peg was broken (several SW figures have glued parts). Mutt's coming along nicely, but he needs new jeans (his peepee poked out), and I need to fix the right knee on the True Type which means the issue with the knees isn't just limited to the Narrow Shouldered TTs. :monkey4

Pics NAM pics!

You hush your face! :lol:p

Once I'm finished I'll probably take a shot of him.

You better mother____er.

:tap That only happened once, I haven't seen her since, and I told you I was sorry. It's not my fault you walked in without knocking. :huh

Over on The Raven there are those who swear that Medicom's Indy figures blow Sideshow out of the water in every respect. Like you, I just can't see it. Young Indy had the worst boots I've seen and completely wrong hair colour, Raiders Indy looks nothing like Harrison, his gas mask bag is like a purse, and what were they thinking with that orange whip and plastic belt and holster? Henry Sr had a plant pot on his head. KOTCS Indy had brown hair.

Medicom used to be a top name, so I don't know what happened to their design and quality control. Too bad they still like to attach top prices to their current figures.

There are a few here too. Love is blind... or they're perpetually in a drunken state and suffering beergoggles. As far as Medicom, I don't get them either. One release is nice and the next is crap. Then there's the ridiculous pricing and the fragility of their product overall. The droids they just did look awesome, but not $400 awesome. That said, I still love my Ultraman C and my Godzilla.

Last edited:
So I got one of these in a trade (thanks again Avfin!) and was wondering if it were possible to transplant this figure to a slim TT. I usually don't mess with Medicom figures so any help would be great.

So I got one of these in a trade (thanks again Avfin!) and was wondering if it were possible to transplant this figure to a slim TT. I usually don't mess with Medicom figures so any help would be great.

I'll try to take a pic tomorrow. It's actually pretty easy and ports right over. The gloves even pop into the TT wrist pegs. You'll have to boil the head to get it over the plug on the neck but once it's heated, it pops right on. I'm taking pics of Matrix (Commando) tomorrow morning to show Ski so I'll see if I can't snap a shot of Mutt on the Slim TT when I do.

EDIT: Forgot. When putting the Medi head on the HT peg, you might have to make a small incision in the back of the socket so that it fits over the peg without mushrooming the neck. I cut a slit about 1/4" toward the back and it popped on much easier than trying to force it.

Last edited:
I don't but I know the new one is coming out. Maybe then, but for now the Medicom body will do just fine. And it is my least favorite Indy movie. :lol

Back