Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping they were gonna make it more accurate by putting the robes over the armor. What is so difficult about that:lol

It actually changes from scene to scene in the movie. So it's accurate to parts of it.

Happy to see he has the saber blade as well!

Until Figuarts Vader 2.0 gets a preorder this seems the best in terms of finish and sculpt. I know BS anniversary Vader gets lots of praise but the lack of high quality finish is impossible to ignore. I'm hoping the Rogue Vader will be my ESB Vader (accuracy aside), RotJ Figuarts Vader for ROTJ, and ANH will be the eventual Figuarts one we have seen.

Until Figuarts Vader 2.0 gets a preorder this seems the best in terms of finish and sculpt. I know BS anniversary Vader gets lots of praise but the lack of high quality finish is impossible to ignore. I'm hoping the Rogue Vader will be my ESB Vader (accuracy aside), RotJ Figuarts Vader for ROTJ, and ANH will be the eventual Figuarts one we have seen.

The Figuarts Rogue One Vader looks awful currently (the prototype they've shown).

got the r1 vader and kinda hate it. Skinny arms, legs, sculpted inner tunic.......no more mafex vaders for me
Hey can you post a few pics? I am especially interested in the helmet. Does it come apart like the other Mafex Vaders?

got the r1 vader and kinda hate it. Skinny arms, legs, sculpted inner tunic.......no more mafex vaders for me

I will also ask for pics please! The only pics available make the helmet look really nice, sure the arms seem skinny but not as toothpick as the very first Mafex Vader which I have.

21191921_10155726696356584_8663852850262390287_n.jpg

21077340_10155726696216584_4421113106044136593_n.jpg

From Ben Mason on the SH Figuarts Star Wars facebook group.

Meanwhile the figuarts vader is still looking like an abomination headsculpt wise:

21032771_1683554871686283_2584953180505848365_n.jpg

The helmet, cape, and lightsaber w blade are the best aspects to the new Mafex. Legs, arms are too skinny and the overall sculpt is kinda fugly looking.

DSCN0033.JPG

The BS is an awesome figure but I think I'll be happy with the Mafex. I like the optional hands and crossed arms, I love the headsculpt and I'm confident the flaws of the body sculpt can be hidden with the cape and some posing.

I'll have it in the mail in a few days, I can't wait!

I got my Rogue One Vader the other day, I like it. Not perfect and requires some futzing/work but pretty nice for the scale. Definitely a step up from their previous efforts and recommended at the yen price, from BBTS/American distributors? Not so much.

The helmet looks great. The body is mostly reuse from prior Vaders, which is disappointing. They really should have beefed the body up on this one. I could see no reason to do so on the ROTS version because he was thinner in that film, but this Vader should be more robust. And I wish the chest armor was covered with the tunic.

I am unsure about this one, even though I have all the other 1/12 Vader figures.

Pondering....

I'm not sure what the appeal is of the Black Series Vader looking at this comparison:

Capture.JPG

The helmet on the Mafex looks to be the best so far, sculpt and proportion wise. Not absolutely perfect but the best at this scale so far.

I'm not sure why people take issue with the helmet size either. Chest box etc. are all better than the Black Series:

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

The helmet looks great. The body is mostly reuse from prior Vaders, which is disappointing. They really should have beefed the body up on this one. I could see no reason to do so on the ROTS version because he was thinner in that film, but this Vader should be more robust. And I wish the chest armor was covered with the tunic.

I am unsure about this one, even though I have all the other 1/12 Vader figures.

Pondering....

The r1 Vader is 100% new sculpt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The r1 Vader is 100% new sculpt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Trigun. No argument intended but the R1 is not 100% new. The arms and legs are reuse. The gloves, helmet, upper and lower torso are new. The lower tunic.that comes off the belt MAYBE reuse but the belt is new. I am not sue why Robokillah has trouble photographing the 4th BS Vader as my photos as well as others tend to look better, less frumpy:-D. No offense to Robo.
20170823_100915-1.jpg

Back