Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone post these?

18891445_1692831704065066_5892392583305186607_o.jpg

18891590_1692832580731645_7539097782528753223_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/OldboyCustomTattoo/

I had my EIII Vader out to take pics with my SHF Anakin, so I did a few more shots of Vader.
20170628_154804-1.jpg
Mythos pose
20170628_155701-1.jpg

And to rise the thread from the grave :mummy

Yeah I opened mine yesterday, loving it so far. Wish it had the gun with the really big barrel.

Any photos of new Mafex stuff to share? I'd like to see the Sandtrooper.

Any photos from that Medicom show? Hoping for new pics of R1 Vader. Medicom showed the new DC figure lineup, so I was hoping they'd show Star Wars too.

Well, since nobody seems to be willing to share pictures of the Sandtrooper anywhere on the Internet, I tought I'd buy one to see it for myself. It's my first Mafex and I was a bit worried with all the negative comments but I must say I'm not disappointed. It's a really nice figure and even if it did come unglued in the midsection, I have no complaint whatsoever with the QC or "flimsy-ness" of the figure. It feels like high quality plastic, solid and with joints both smooth and firm.

It can hold standing straight poses of course but also deep action poses. The backpack does come in the way, though. It's hard to have the midsection the way you want.

It fits in well with my 6" Hasbro figures. Up close it does look higher-end but from afar they seem to belong together. Only the FO Stormtrooper looks a bit toyish in comparison due to the shiny white soft plastic.

There, you can see there is not much difference in the paint app between Jango and the Sand, but I do think Jango is one of the better BS figures.

In the end, even if I am really happy with my BS figures (Deathtrooper and Jango are awesome), I feel like it's worth spending more and go the Medicom way, for some of the figures anyway. For others, not so much. I'll probably end up with a mixed collection of both. :lol Cool, fun and affordable figures either way. Love 'em!

Edit: I do wish this Sandtrooper came with more accesories, though, like white and black pauldrons, binoculars and the big-barrel gun.

Thanks for the pics, and yeah I looked all over for pictures of this guy with no luck. Looks nice, if it were the correct bucket I'd pick this up.

You're welcome :)

I was pretty sure hardcore fans would fin inaccuracies. :lol Since I don't know too much about troopers' armors and buckets, I do enjoy the figure. I tought maybe the lenses were supposed to be green? But other than that, I just see a Sandtrooper, so I'm fine with it.

Nice looking red lenses! I see he's got the lightsaber blade as well.

Back