Medicom MAFEX 1/12 - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monolith.jpg

I just checked and it sure looks like it is now! MSRP was 15 bucks or something.

I might offer some custom ones for $50. *runs off to hardware store for $5 worth of wood and black paint

:lol

Seriously I'm kicking myself for not picking up two of those things, one for my desk and definitely one to keep in the 'zero points of articulation!' packaging.

Cool. I'm starting to think we may not get faces, hence the black visor and the "yellow" and "orange" names, instead of the character's names.

:lol

Seriously I'm kicking myself for not picking up two of those things, one for my desk and definitely one to keep in the 'zero points of articulation!' packaging.

Me too, when I found out about them.

Cool. I'm starting to think we may not get faces, hence the black visor and the "yellow" and "orange" names, instead of the character's names.

Me too, when I found out about them.

HLJ says helmets are not removable. Tinted visors are ok but I would have preferred clear ones with a face...still love them

Yeah, with how cool head sculpts in 6" are coming out recently, having Bowman's ice cold expression would've been great.

2001.2.jpg

But black visor makes it quite ominous so I like that too.

Holy crap, is that a Mafex Batman Begins figure?

Astronauts are looking good, they'll be my first Mafex figures. Don't care if they're on the terrible end of the Mafex QC roulette spectrum, I'll just fix them. Considering the only other 2001 figures I'm aware of are the pricy Executive Replicas 1/6 pieces, I'll take what I can get.

There were a couple Madelman figures, 8", but yeah.

I just POd 3 Daves and I'm good.

Both sold out on HLJ, still up in AmiAmi.

I preordered mine at HLJ the minute they put them up. Those Madelman figures look interesting in retro kind of way, can't find much info on them in English though...

I preordered mine at HLJ the minute they put them up. Those Madelman figures look interesting in retro kind of way, can't find much info on them in English though...
Yeah it's weird that a Spanish company got the rights for it back in the day, retro Mezco One:12 :lol

They're hard to find and really not worth the current price.

YQ9NARI.jpg

"My god....it's full of stars....."

Actually no, it's full of tissues. I just couldn't help snapping this pic after buying an all black box of tissues at 7-11 that looked a lot like the Monolith to me.

Back