Medicom Ma.k Maschinen Krieger - Super Armored Fighting Suit SAFS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess they were going for an ironic deco... looks cool. But this is one of those items that I just can't wrap my brain around the price tag.

yeah after I thought about it, I think you might be right. I still think it would have been better to maybe put some cool militarisitic looking emblems or logos or even weather it a bit. I dont have that kind of money to drop on a 12" figure anyways so I guess it doesnt really matter. As I said I'll stick to the smaller Ma.K stuff.

well, from what I understand there are no reused parts anywhere on this piece. So everything is brand new parts build just for this set. So the price is probably a reflection of R & D, manufacturing and distribution costs all crammed in. Though I do wonder what their profit margin is on this?

Not quite buying that... HT Powerloader is easily as complicated as this; if not more (not to mention the licensing costs likely being higher) and was 1/5 the cost.

Not quite buying that... HT Powerloader is easily as complicated as this; if not more (not to mention the licensing costs likely being higher) and was 1/5 the cost.

well, HT made more alien related 1/6 merchandise, and ripley is pretty much a reused figure using existing HT parts. This set, on the other hand, has brand new 1/6 female figure, (as far as I know) and no other related merchandise made in the 1/6 scale. It is expensive, but they got to make some money in the market they are targeting. (mainly japan, I am very surprised SSC is importing it to US where SF3D has very small popularity)

Still not really able to understand the price; but a moot point as I don't have any interest in the piece.

I will vouch for the fact that Ma.K/SAFS has a very niche market audience. Alot of people dont even know whta it is.

Folks,

I got one. Ordered it from Hobby Link Japan...and it arrived near the beginning of December. In a word...STUNNING. It's hard to describe the quality of the piece. If anyone wants me to post pics...or comparison shots with the Triple A Luner Defence Robot, I'm happy to do so.

i would still like to see some pics if you can post them. thanks!!

Wallet in hand, I pray I am never bitten by the urge to start collecting 1/6 S.A.F.S.

..but oh how I wish I had that kind of moulah...

Its one of those things that SAFS/MaK is just so un-noticed that I think it draws such a high price tag. If you look bbts has a new figure coming out as well about 6 to 7 inches and its up there in the mid 100's...just crazy if you ask me. I love MaK but not for those kinds of price tags.

Reading through this thread as a johnny-come-lately, all I see is moaning about the price. It is expensive. and probably overpriced, but it's amazing. To each their own.

I think this kind of explains why it's expensive. Comparing it to old hot toys figure just doesn't do it justice.

The Toys McCoy version is the Real McCoy, it actually works. You can put he pilot in and the suit remains articulated! This is the 3rd and final prototype and it’s taken them this many versions to get it this far and to a standard that Okamoto-san himself as a Maschinen Krieger fan and extreme detail perfectionist is happy with, the ultimate scale S.A.F.S replica. Where’s the flashing lights button here!?! It has a full list of selling point details but I didn’t take notes on them, they honestly don’t interest me that much. I remember the obvious ones of course, the cool lights and buttons that actually work - that’s right, the buttons in the cockpit are “the buttons” as is the laser arm and so on. Cockpit instruments light up too.

More for me, it was the perfect finish and fit of the parts, the overall look and feel of the thing. The hatch closes over first and then snuggles done for a close fit via magnets. You know, like how you want your models to look and fit! The split function of the suit which works as you could imagine the real deal would. The plastic “ceramic armor” is in Mercenary Jedeite Green Grey and has been over painted with Mercenary Silent Grey which you could actually scratch off for realistic weathering. They asked what I thought about the “brand new finish” and I let them know that as a weathering fan, it’s a great idea. I can buy a factory fresh model and then weather it how I like! You can get to the fun part immediately and skip the 63 hrs it takes to have each of the 600 limited releases hand-crafted. I mentioned that 600 doesn’t seem like many for such a cool release and Okamoto-san let me know that it’s in fact the upper limit because of the technical difficulty of putting the suits together and that he won’t put any further strains on the team nor do anything to impact the perfect quality of the final releases. In fact, as a quality control measure, they video each and every suit under construction and number them so they will have the build log of each suit stored so they can aim for a Zero Claim record on this project. That one just blew me away, how do they come up with this stuff!?!

also,

Yokoyama-san was most pleased with the positive comments in this thread and is sorry about the expense. Realistically, this release isn't aimed at "us", the model building folks because we can make and paint our own toys right? The pre-finished and collector market is another category and more of what Okamoto-san (white t-shirt and cap) and Mihara-san (white button up shirt -mugshots on my site SMH!) makes products for. You know, how many of us are wearing Steve McQueen replica leather jackets from the Great Escape that cost $2000USD? I would guess not many, just like Sensei himself, many model makers say, "Ooh, that's a lot of kits!!!". Cheesy

Anyway, is there a way to find one of these these days? I doubt many people in the states have one.

Last edited:
If anybody knows anybody selling the green one, please let me know as I am an interested buyer.

Thanks.

Finally came in the mail today...

Damn this thing is big!

wAJRRw0h.jpg

hfoFElkh.jpg

toAflU0h.jpg

Qln5DCCh.jpg

Last edited:
Back