Medicom KISS RAH Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine in today. They are awesome to say the least. The details on the figures are amazing. Now I just have to order my guitars and hope for the other two to come out. :)

:woo Congrats Ween. I can expect some cool pics then?

So...:tap.... that's it for your review? Awesome, detailed and amazing?

I guess that covers it, but why? I know you just do this to hear that phrase you love so much. Why?

:lol

Suffer in ya jocks.

:woo Congrats Ween. I can expect some cool pics then?

So...:tap.... that's it for your review? Awesome, detailed and amazing?

I guess that covers it, but why? I know you just do this to hear that phrase you love so much. Why?

:lol

Suffer in ya jocks.

Why what? :D

I just opened them and looked at them in the packaging. I haven't taken them out yet to give them a good lookie see yet.

Hi new to the side show forum saw the KISS link thought I would show a few picks

KissDestroyer4252009016.jpg

S7305421.jpg

KISSDestroyerGeneandPaul29052008.jpg

S7305429.jpg

KissDestroyer4252009017.jpg

Those are some wild customs harvestcrusader. Well done getting all that together and thanks for posting your pics. :duff and :welcome

2000man, that's the smallest bass I've ever seen.

hahahaha - thats quite a Ukulele - looks like GENE is gonna do remake make of Don Ho's TINY BUBBLES....

Good to be on board thanks for the comments DUDES!!!!

I picked up Gene and Paul from Alter Ego Comics. They look great, but I'm not opening them until Ace and Peter (or, more likely, Spaceman and Catman!) are announced. Any official word form Medicom ?

Why what? :D

I just opened them and looked at them in the packaging. I haven't taken them out yet to give them a good lookie see yet.
Why? Why Miss Ween? Why? :lol Sorry. Probably went over your head. I thought it's a question the kids would be asking you all day long.

So. Any pics? You break those suckers out yet? I mean the Kiss figures. :lol Though pics of your suckers would be appreciated just as much.

3611196556_4bcecfacb3_o.jpg

3610385131_3cecb5b5fc_o.jpg

3611198402_4326bd83c0_o.jpg

This has gotta be some of the best figures to ever come out from their music line!!! look at the painted chest hair lolz......I'm not a big KISS fan, but these figures are a must get!!!!

images credit to toy-world.com.hk

Kick ass, but where's the spaceman Ace? Still, saw these guys live twice, and no other live show has come close to touching their shows!

Any word yet on whether we'll be getting the Spaceman and Catman to complete the group ? I'd also like to see the Fox (Eric Carr) and Vinnie Vincent, but we at least need Ace & Peter (or more likely Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer).

I read on Ask Sideshow awhile ago that the sales of music figures weren't what they had hoped so they aren't planning Ace and Peter. I am of the thought that at $180, they should include instruments or switch out heads or something.

I bought a set of KISS figures from The Farrow which I think are absolutely fantastic. I posted these awhile ago, but since this seems to be the KISS thread...

Yeah the price point and no accessories is just rediculous. Plus add that Medicom paints on a Hasbro level. Medicom is just too overpriced and they just aren't worth it. I can't believe they've lasted this long now with so many other good 1:6 scale figure makers out there. They really should just stick to their anime stuff and leave realistic figures to the professionals.

Who you trying to rile Buttmunch? Don't like Medicom? Put it in a Medicom hate thread.

Most of what you've said doesn't pertain one iota to the Medicom Kiss figures. People buy figures for the figures, not the accessories. Accessories are nice but aren't the main objective to a purchase. The paint on the Kiss figures is stellar. Medicom have lasted so long because they set the benchmark years before a decent contender came along. They were the original professionals. Their prices have always been too high, so no news there. Their outfits have always been top notch. Their output is prodigious. You can't even bring out the old 'scale' guns, 'cause the Kiss figures are 12 inches tall without adding the soles of their boots into the equation.

Cut and paste your post into any other thread and I probably couldn't protest, but it doesn't belong in this thread.

The figures look great, but I have to agree the $180 price tag is; in my opinion, why they're not doing as good as they could.

I also wouldn't be in a rush to blame Medicom for it, anything that involves Gene Simmons isn't going to be cheap.

Ask yourself: If Hot Toys did this figure and charged $180 what would I get? Probable answer: 2 sets of hands, 2 guitars, another head sculpt, and maybe an amp or something. Plus, it would be a better sculpt with better paint.

I agree that the license for KISS is likely expensive, but if it's prohibitively expense (to the point you have to charge too much for a good, not great, figure IMO) then you're not making good decisions. Not bashing Medicom, but if they want to remain competitive, I don't think they can continue making overpriced figures. Not with HT charging less, giving more, and giving better.

Back