Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fde0baeaac4bcf16f07639b8d68e56db.jpg

Just framed a Genga exhibit print *YOU* love it! [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whyyyyy did I just now see this?? Anyone know where I can still get this guy for a reasonable price?

Lol, just now saw how expensive the bike is now. ****

has anyone tried doing any weathering to their bike or figure? would love to see some examples. thinking about doing mine.

Personally, I would never dream of weathering mine. I love how clean and shiny it is, just like in the anime. I don't want it to look dirty or "realistic." I think it's a perfect representation of how it looked in the cartoon.

The McFarlane version from 2001 had a dirty paint job and I never liked it.

The only exception in my mind would be if it was a "damaged" version like at the very very end of the movie, where he's riding off into the sunset with Kei and Kai. The windshield is gone, the cowling is all broken off. I doubt I'd ever buy a second one for that version, but it would be cool to see.

Hey guys.

After a particularly humid and miserable summer here in Japan, I've noticed the tires on Kaneda's bike are looking discolored. Like a white "film" over them.

I don't think there's any cracking like on the Hot Toys rubber products, but it's definitely not good.

I have no idea what to do to fix or restore the tires. I don't own any other collectibles like this. Some kind of oil right? If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!!

Don't worry...I believe that's the Volks 1/6 scale model kit. It was certainly not cheap, but I don't think a Bandai bike was destroyed for that project.

Hey guys.

After a particularly humid and miserable summer here in Japan, I've noticed the tires on Kaneda's bike are looking discolored. Like a white "film" over them.

I don't think there's any cracking like on the Hot Toys rubber products, but it's definitely not good.

I have no idea what to do to fix or restore the tires. I don't own any other collectibles like this. Some kind of oil right? If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!!

It's just a type of mildew. Jus wipe it off. No big deal.

OK, so assuming it's mildew on the tires, anyone have any experience cleaning such a thing?

An internet search suggested warm water and dish washing soap, and then wipe it with baking soda. But that doesn't really sound safe for a toy's rubber tires does it?

OK, so assuming it's mildew on the tires, anyone have any experience cleaning such a thing?

An internet search suggested warm water and dish washing soap, and then wipe it with baking soda. But that doesn't really sound safe for a toy's rubber tires does it?

Seriously, I jus use q-tips with a little water. Don't go all crazy with what people say. You might ruin it. Jus q-tips and water

So I decided to take some warm water, just a drop of detergent, a pinch of baking soda, and with an old toothbrush cleaned both tires. Then I wiped it off with a dry towel. By the end the towel had big black streaks.

Those tires aren't painted are they?

Anyway...crazy. Hope I made it better and didn't ruin it more. The tires are still drying now. They look better...no hint of the white residue and they have a more "black" appearance than the grey from before. I'm just worried that when it dries completely, the grey look will come back.

I hate seeing anything like this on such an expensive collectible, but hey...it's close to a decade old now. Nothing lasts forever.

Some kind of silicon grease or spray applied sparingly to a soft lint free cloth, rubbed into the tires should bring back the black shiny appearance. Will help protect them in the future too.

You guys are never gonna believe this.

A few hours ago, I met Mr. Katsuhiro Otomo.

I attended a talk he was doing in Tokyo about French comic books. It was a really small venue. After the talk, the audience could ask questions, so I asked him something about Moebius.

When the talk was over I noticed a bunch of hardcore fans waiting at the elevator. The event said no pictures and no autographs but they were gonna try anyway.

He came out of the elevator surrounded by his "handlers." The geeks ran after him and so did I. I didn't get a pic or an autograph, but for a few seconds I said "thank you thank you" over and over and shook his hand. And then he was gone.

I feel kinda stupid for being such a spaz, but this is something I've dreamed about for years. I wish I had been able to have a real conversation, but this is still an experience I'm so grateful to have had. I got to shake Otomo's hand and say "thank you" for all his work over the years. I still can't believe it!

Back