Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished watching Venus Wars, it has similar vibe as Akira except more realistic.

However i like the character design more (similar to Gundam F91 but better, never liked that show because it has the modern show look), and i felt the characters are much more realistic & life like, makes today's shows feel like robots.

Probably took some inspiration from Akira.

It's like watching AkiraxGundamxMetal Slug

I know it's not accurate compared with the movie.:lol
"MEDICOM TOY RAH AKIRA NEO-TOKYO ARMY 乙"

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

there's 3 figures from Medicom way before Kaneda & Tetsuo Medicom. 1 Kaneda & 2 Soldiers A & B.

Yes, It was released in 1999. Japanese TOY festival. This body is easy to break. I like his face. :)

0546c74e40f3312ba3ee0ed18700f923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the latest addition to my collection, the Japanese Special Collection Laserdisc from 1993!

laserdisc.jpg

I have wanted this one for years. I absolutely love the cover art. I thought I'd never have a chance to get it but I found it for a very good price. When this came out it retailed for 18,000 yen...that's like $200! I was surprised to see it in hand...it's a slipcase with 3 double sided discs. The last side is interviews and trailers from other Otomo projects. Too bad I don't have a laserdisc player! The insert is also really lovely and suitable for framing. This is a really beautiful addition...it really blows the standard edition laserdisc outta the water!

Here they are together, with the bluray for scale.

laserdiscs.jpg

Look at how BIG and lovely the artwork was...they are pretty much the size of LPs. It's very cool to have the big box/artwork for a movie that I love, but I can see how collecting these for ALL your favorite movies is a lot less practical than DVDs or blurays...they take up a lot of space. And the discs are heavy too!

Here is the latest addition to my collection, the Japanese Special Collection Laserdisc from 1993!

View attachment 281289

I have wanted this one for years. I absolutely love the cover art. I thought I'd never have a chance to get it but I found it for a very good price. When this came out it retailed for 18,000 yen...that's like $200! I was surprised to see it in hand...it's a slipcase with 3 double sided discs. The last side is interviews and trailers from other Otomo projects. Too bad I don't have a laserdisc player! The insert is also really lovely and suitable for framing. This is a really beautiful addition...it really blows the standard edition laserdisc outta the water!

Here they are together, with the bluray for scale.

View attachment 281290

Look at how BIG and lovely the artwork was...they are pretty much the size of LPs. It's very cool to have the big box/artwork for a movie that I love, but I can see how collecting these for ALL your favorite movies is a lot less practical than DVDs or blurays...they take up a lot of space. And the discs are heavy too!

Ooh wow!! Nice add to your collection Hun! I was thinking of getting one of those! So cool! [emoji177]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back