Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My kaneda still in very good shape. He's not a very detaild figure/face, so there is not much to look for. He comes withe many hands and 2 heads, which i think is very cool. I'm only affraid that the fake leather will ruin itself in the future, but it's been 3 yares and no problem untill now.

Quick question guys and sorry if it was already asked before but how is the quality of the Kaneda figure?

Is it true that Medicom figures have very poor quality and are prone to breakage/deterioration?

Does this apply to all Medicom figures or just the older/earlier figures?

There was a period of time when a number of Medi figures suffered breakage due to brittle plastic, usually in the areas of the ankles, knees or hips. Some figures that had problems were the Medi comic book Spider-Man, and the first Medi Vader. I believe they've since fixed the issue, or at least I haven't heard of such problems recently. Regarding Kaneda, I haven't had any problems with mine, but he's just sitting in his bike and I don't mess with him much.

Kaneda owners, would you be interested in a clothing set?
I really dont like the material and cut of this even if it looks better on a slim ht body.
Just wondering if an interest thread is a good idea :)

I think the costume looks fine, but an upgrade that makes it hang more naturally would be more than welcome.

Although, the price tag would be at the same level as the original figure cost. I don't know if it would be worth it.

See if there's interest here first, I'd be in.

Depends on cost really. Maybe just a jacket?

Man i never managed to pick the bike up, i only have the Kaneda figure.
If anyones interested in selling one in the near future hit me up!!

some fun with the akira bike and tony stark and my new mazinger

DSCI1286_zps2c9a49be.jpg

DSCI1284_zpsa7f03509.jpg

DSCI1277_zps8c1f6cd1.jpg

DSCI1270_zps5d4661bd.jpg

DSCI1265_zpsa72cdcdf.jpg

DSCI1302_zpsc5eb66e2.jpg

DSCI1299_zps9d8699bf.jpg

DSCI1298_zps1daa5e3e.jpg

DSCI1294_zpsd7b0a40d.jpg

DSCI1292_zpsf207c6cd.jpg

1/6 is out of my league haha, what are your opinions on the best 1/12th to get? I see bandai did a chogokin 1/12 one with a static kaneda, is there any decent 6 inch kaneda?

1/6 is out of my league haha, what are your opinions on the best 1/12th to get? I see bandai did a chogokin 1/12 one with a static kaneda, is there any decent 6 inch kaneda?

howdy, mcfarlane did a pretty decent kaneda actually.

there is a boxed version w/ a bike that allows him to sit down and there's a version that stands up in a pose. im sure you can get him at a decent price on the evil bay

I've got a bike for sale. It'd have to be a decent offer for me to consider parting with it though!!

howdy, mcfarlane did a pretty decent kaneda actually.

there is a boxed version w/ a bike that allows him to sit down and there's a version that stands up in a pose. im sure you can get him at a decent price on the evil bay

I was happy with the McFarlane one when it came out over ten years ago, but looking at it now, it's a piece of crap. The version with the figure is worse. It's all stretched out so the sculpt is inaccurate. It has stupid fake stickers that are mirrored on both sides. And it has mud and scratches painted on that looks awful. The figure is decent, but again, a lot of liberties were taken with the sculpt. Not only that, it's NOT cheap on ebay. I've never seen it lower than $50 or so. And Kaneda's legs are made of an unstable rubber that rots over time, so it's not the best bet.

The Bandai Soul of Popynica from 2004 is the best small scale bike. It's almost exactly the same as the big one, just no lights and the smaller scale. It's gorgeous! Well-made too. Perfect paint apps and totally accutate. The figure is just slightly oversized, and he can't move, but the sculpt is leagues beyond the McFarlane version.

THAT is the one to get. If you can get it for around $100, go for it! It's worth every penny.

I actually prefer it to the large one cause it's much more compact and a more sensible scale. If it had a slightly tweaked Kaneda figure that was articulated and just a hair smaller, it would be perfect and there would be no need for the larger one.

Thanks guys, the chogokin was the one I was eyeing up the most - looks fantastic! Will be after the 1/6 one day I'm sure though, like some kind of deranged relic hunter

I'm still hoping someone wants to make a jacket for him that actually fits :pray:

Or knows the means to getting one

Thanks guys, the chogokin was the one I was eyeing up the most - looks fantastic! Will be after the 1/6 one day I'm sure though, like some kind of deranged relic hunter

The Kaneda figure that comes with the chogokin bike looks too big, but the older McFarlane 5" Halo figs look decent with it, scale-wise...

248977_1964347462268_7059285_n.jpg

IMG654.jpg

Last edited:
Guys,
just to let you know that ive asked TINISTER (probably one of the greatest customizer on the boards just check his Dredd 3D in the custm section to see the level of quality and details of the man) if he would be interested in doing a full leather set for kaneda.

Originally Posted by tinister
I could probably do a really good leather replacement suit for him. I have that figure also. But I'm not sure when I would have time since I'm booked for the next few months. I'll revisit down the line. Remind me.

So now its just the waiting game, but i'm sure it will be worth the wait :)

I'm pretty happy with the factory version of Kaneda and his clothes, actually.

What I'd really like is that custom Tetsuo throne from a few pages back!!

Back