Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pity Medicom got the Licence.
I'm crossing my fingers for Tetsuo but he will end up probably as ____ty as Kaneda.

You guys are crazy - I really can't see what's so bad about the Kaneda fig... Sure, the price tag is about 50 - 60 bucks to steep, but that's Medicom.

My first fig was the HT T2 T800 so i guess i'm a bit spoiled.
I found the quality of the material used for Kaneda's clothes really lame, thin and fragile, also the way it was cut, you really have to work it to make it look good.
As for the body i really don't like medicom's.
But hey to each his own.
I'll probably get Testuo and change his body like i did for Kaneda.

You guys are crazy - I really can't see what's so bad about the Kaneda fig... Sure, the price tag is about 50 - 60 bucks to steep, but that's Medicom.

True. Medicom captures Anime figures very well. The prices of their figures steadily increasing is the kick in the pants.

He's just underwhelming in person. The head is too big and the shape is wrong. He looks too boyish and sweet. And the outfit is pretty cheap feeling... it looks decent, but you compare it to the quality of HT stuff and you feel like you are handling a figure from 5 years ago.

But, the bike is awesome... and you need both, so whaddyagonnado :dunno

I do think Tetsuo has looked better from day one, so I have high hopes he'll look awesome in hand.

You're right about the head, it bulges out too much at the hair - looks like he missed his barbers appointment. But I think they did a good job with the facial expression.

Plus the jacket is a pain in the arse to adjust so it doesn't look all puffy around the shoulders. The issues I've got with figure fade away when I look at the combo of him & the bike on the shelf - never thought I'd see it happen, and I reckon it all turned out pretty damn sweet.

Numerous imperfections aside, in my opinion, the figure is far from crap or ____ty.

If you look at the small side by side down the bottom of this pic, Tetsuo really shows him up. Tetsuo can't get here soon enough!

20100324_a5cdd1d1e33cb0a4c35dX5mHos.jpg

Last edited:
I picked my Kaneda without a box from Goodshipped. Good deal. The add stated the figure and accessories were perfect, just the box was knackered up. I'll live with that. I think with his bike, this will look amazing and judged as a set, they are perfect...
I was going to buy Tetsuo, but i think Kaneda and his bike are enough to represent Akira...

I'll probably get Testuo and change his body like i did for Kaneda.

Seems like a lot of trouble considering Tetuso's clothes look like they won't sit as awkwardly as Kaneda's on the RAH body. Plus, wouldn't you need to do a lot of modifying to attach the robotic arm to a truetype?

I got my bike sealed and brand new on Ebay....it cost me 300 bucks without the bonus pack...it was bought for other person :(

but I am happy because I think i can get the bonus pack on a future :rotfl

I hope to get kaneda figure too!!

Seems like a lot of trouble considering Tetuso's clothes look like they won't sit as awkwardly as Kaneda's on the RAH body. Plus, wouldn't you need to do a lot of modifying to attach the robotic arm to a truetype?

Well i was thinking out loud.
Don't even know for sure i'm actualy getting it.
Will wait on the first reports.
^^

Hi guys!!,

I found myslef with two circular little magnets ubicated on the holes of the rear tire, very strong magnets I think, I had to remove them to place the red cover piece without problem. Do you have those magnets too? o.o

The entire cowling setup on both front & back goes on pretty easily with the magnet system... I can remember having a little trouble with one of the rear panels - it's just got to line up properly before it snaps into place.

Maybe one of your magnets was in backwards, you know, out of north south alignment? If you get those rare earth magnets in backwards they push away as good as they attract.

Ok I will explain it digitally :monkey3

tire.jpg

when I open the box, I found the holes of the rear tire filled by these two magnets. So there was impossible to place the cowling part.

I had to remove them using the same magnets of the cowling parts.

these magnets looks like the watch little batteries but with sharped edges.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. Thanks for the pic, I understand now...

Those magnets should be attached on the end of the little posts in the plastic cowl. They must have popped off when you were assembling, or they added extras in the factory? Don't know.

Dsc02312.jpg

What's your cowl look like? Does it have magnets like in my pic?

What's your cowl look like? Does it have magnets like in my pic?

Yes, all my cowling parts are with the original magents, I dont have problem with that.

Now this extra little two magnets are differents, the magnets of the cowling parts have rounded edge like your image but my extra magnets have sharped edge, exactly like I drew in my image.

or like this medicine pill https://www.empresuchas.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pastillas.jpg

at the end the bike works perfect, without problem, sounds, lights, etc
but these two extra magnets will be a mystery for me XD

I have my theory, imagine some of your original magnets keep on the holes and you have to take them off (I think that would never happens)

but in the case it happens these two small magnets can do this work, because they are very very strong.

Last edited:
Back