Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, kind of looks like the material wasn't consistently mixed giving it color imperfections.

Oh well, a minor issue on an otherwise beautiful piece. Can't wait for Kaneda to get here so I can get it displayed properly :rock

Just got my final invoice for Kaneda... shipping (with the paypal discount) was only $4.35; so grand total shipped for him was just under $148 :rock :rock :rock

Glad I didn't pay retail on this one.

Well that was fast... Kaneda just arrived :yess:

Honestly though, fairly disappointing right out of the box. Something about him is off... the figure just doesn't look like Kaneda to me. I think the chin is definitely too pointy and the body is too thin. I know he's supposed to be young, but he looks too young, which isn't helped by the giant noggin on a long neck.

I definitely prefer the goggled head, and know he'll look good with the bike. Glad I got him on sale as I would not have been happy paying $210 shipped to get it from Sideshow.

I'll take some pics of him and the bike later on since I'm at work right now.

Yeah he's clearly disapointing.
Llike you i prefer the goggled head, it helps hiding the non accurate look. I'm mostly disappointed by the quality of the clothes and the famished body. I'm waiting for a medicom massive body and a hot toys truetype slim he should look better with them.

Also got the bike today and it's A MASTERPIECE!!!

I have yet to put kaneda on the bike but from the picture i saw it does look really good.

Pity that Medicom has not the hot toy quality level, Kaneda would have been a real killer. In the hand of a customizer maybe it can be salvaged.

Yeah, I was thinking the body would be fine... but it is really thin and gangly. Typically Medicom will make unique pieces so the figure will look more like the animated version, but this time it seems they just used the stock body.

I'd be interested to see how the body swap looks, I think the slim TT could work pretty well.

Bandai is going to release the bike again on Dec, I wont miss this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nana::nana::nana:

Heard about that reissue from a reseller didnt know when it was.
Thanks. Anything new or it's the same? Extra cowl?

As for Kaneda body replacement here is a test a fellow from 12inch.com has made with a medicom RAH 301 kai massive.

snv82152.jpg
snv82151.jpg

Lookin'good but would love to see with a HT TT slim.
If anyone can help...

That does look a bit better... unfortunately I don't have a spare Slim TT at the moment, and they're not cheap to get.

But, I'm sure its only a matter of time before HT reissues them.

I do have a Michael Jackson figure, so I guess I could at least test it out.

Well, as I figured... I do like Kaneda more when he's around the bike. Still wish Medicom had done a better job, but as a set they are damn cool.

akiraa.jpg

akirab.jpg

akirac.jpg

akirae.jpg

akriaf.jpg

akirad.jpg

akirag.jpg

Looking good. :clap

In my mind Kaneda is a success for Medicom. Why? Because he hasn't broken to pieces in the short time I've had him. I look at him though and I could see the possibility for improvement in almost every aspect.

Looking good. :clap

In my mind Kaneda is a success for Medicom. Why? Because he hasn't broken to pieces in the short time I've had him. I look at him though and I could see the possibility for improvement in almost every aspect.

:lol :lol That's true... he could also be super fragile :lol

I'm really surprised though, usually their Anime figures are top-notch. You'd think they would pull out all the stops when it came to Akira.

I do think Tetsuo will be awesome though... he'll finish of the set nicely.

I'm not going to be too harsh on Kaneda. Sure, he's not the model of supreme craftsmanship that one could hope for a license like Akira, but in the end he makes the bike look good, and the bike completes him. The sheer greatness of the bike improves Kaneda, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I hope to see some pics of a Kaneda figure on the TT slim. I don't have a Slim myself, but after reading the last couple pages here I think I need to pick one up soon, in case of an unfortunate RAH breakdown.

I completely understand what you're saying. The bike alone is awesome... but would make an odd display. Kaneda alone sucks... but combine the two and you have a great display. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

I'll try putting him on the slim TT I have (even though its an African American) to see if it fits.

Great pics!
The kind of pics that sold me on buying the pack.
I truly hope medicom will improve on Tetsuo.

Can't wait to see the slim body fitted nicely with kaneda suit.
But from what i know the slim body need some work done (custom the feets and replace the neck bye the medicom one) but this can be done only after seeing how the clothes fits.
Thansk for your help.

to be honest the TT slim is more fragile than the RAH 301 in my experience. At the prices they go for ATM I think you are better off to make some simple mod on kaneda itself.

Awesome pics GB!!!

I can't wait for Tetsuo!

Thanks, and I'm honestly not worried about Tetsuo... I love how the proto looks and Medicom is pretty consistent from proto to production.

Conversely I was never to happy with Kaneda, and the final product was about what I expected.

to be honest the TT slim is more fragile than the RAH 301 in my experience. At the prices they go for ATM I think you are better off to make some simple mod on kaneda itself.

I haven't had any issues with the slim TT, but you're very right about the price. But since I have one I can at least give it a shot. But, sadly I don't have a Caucasian one so the swap will just be a test run.

Back