Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TEST IT
TEST IT
TEST IT
did i say TEST IT?
^^

I'm asking coz i'm suppose to meet with a possible seller this week end and really wanted to see how it looker before putting 30€ in it ^^

Okay, so here is Kaneda ported over to a slim TrueType. I have to say overall the new body fits the outfit better and I think it would make a good alternative if you have one handy.

But not such a difference that I would spend an extra $60-$70 (the going eBay rate) to get one.

The biggest difference is that the pants fit better and don't look as baggy. But the downside is the pants don't close quite as well at the zipper.

Also, to really make it work you'd need to swap around wrist joints and necks, but overall I think it would be doable.

akrial.jpg

akiram.jpg

And here's a few lights of the bike w/o any lights on, still looks impressive on the shelf :rock
akiran.jpg

akirao.jpg

I think the would... I didn't have a pair handy, but the boots should be large enough to accommodate them.

cool, Thanks.
I finally took the time to check kaneda more.
Overall he's not that bad, it's really in the details that it sucks.
the skinny body, the fabric of the clothes, the skin tone...
But once posed he does look better.
One thing bothering me is that almost all hands pegs are too loose.
Need to work on that.
Again thanks for your Galaticboy ;)

Okay, so here is Kaneda ported over to a slim TrueType. I have to say overall the new body fits the outfit better and I think it would make a good alternative if you have one handy.

But not such a difference that I would spend an extra $60-$70 (the going eBay rate) to get one.

The biggest difference is that the pants fit better and don't look as baggy. But the downside is the pants don't close quite as well at the zipper.

Also, to really make it work you'd need to swap around wrist joints and necks, but overall I think it would be doable.

akrial.jpg

akiram.jpg

:rock

Looks interesting. But the pants on the unit standing on the left looks a little tight, stretched and therefore puting more stress on the seams of the fabric.
:gah:

I think it would be safe to use the TT. It's a tighter fit, but not so much that the seams were actually being stretched.

Got the TT body slim today.
Had to sculpt the feets they were too big for kaneda's boot (maybe i could have used more force but didnt want to damage the boots), made the holes in the kaneda's hands a little bigger with a screwdriver to fit hot toys pegs.
Had to open medicom neck to put the HT neck joint to the body.
Those rubber parts hiding the screws on each bodies are a pain in the ass to remove.
Definitly looks better.

^^ Yeah. It was just too tempting to pass up a second time. Got that sucka hooked up on flex pay. Gutted it doesn't come with the extra decals because i'd of actually used them.
Now I just need to off load the Tumbler. ..

Glad to see they are going to give some more people a chance to pick up Kaneda's bike. It's such a cool bike. Total "must have" for Akira fans.

This set is so amazing IMHO it's the best item to come out of Medicom's factory. If only it wasn't so expensive

Back