Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried this figure on several bigger, better bodies and sadly it didn't work with any of them. Either the trousers were too short, or the shirt and/or jacket were too small. I tried the current and original Hot Toys, the Side Show, the Ignite, and even another Medicom (from the similarly poorly executed Superman Returns figure). If anybody manages to get it to work with a better body please let us know because make no mistake, this is a real clunker of a body. It has the proportions of a nine year old boy. What on earth were they thinking? It's possible to improve it radically by using Blu Tack and kitchen towel to pad the shoulders and gut but you shouldn't have to do this with such an expensive figure.

:lecture

And that is forgiving the horrid hat, whip, etc.

Sorry guys, Medicom Indy =
albums-a59-penguinking3-fail.jpg

For what it is worth, I am happy with mine. Snapped some pics this morning...

IMG_06712.JPG

IMG_06723.JPG

IMG_06392.JPG

IMG_06401.JPG

IMG_06452.JPG

IMG_06472.JPG

IMG_06462.JPG

IMG_06483.JPG

IMG_06502.JPG

IMG_06511.JPG

No one can deny the price point might not match the finished product-- but these are great pictures... Thanks Billy Ray.

Agreed the pics are awsome. But the belt and holster=plastic. No thanks.

I'm going to take the jacket off mine and display it as a Cairo Indy next to my Hasbro Cairo Swordsman.

I also think it would make a good Map Room Indy if only you could find or make some robes (which would get over the problem of the figure's thinness). Anyone know if any manufacturer makes arab robes?

I like the sculpt, but the figure doesn't look quite right to me. It seems like the body is way to slim and petite for Indy. The only other thing is that his next is so skinny, it kind of makes him look like a bobble head.

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words on my photography! I'm by no means well versed in the subject...I took a TON of pics and these were the best. I know it is becoming cliched to say this, but they really do look a lot better in hand than in photos. I tried to capture the figures as best I could, with no flash, but they are still a little washed out. You can't really see the subtle paint apps on the heads.

Like I said before, I am in no way a pro-Medi-ite, these are the first Medi figures I have owned. Everyone makes valid points. Yes, Indy is too skinny and has a long, skinny neck. They are more toy-like than "high end collectibles" (though, personally, if I wanted a high end collectible I would go for the Sideshow PF over any 1/6 scale articulated action figure). Anyway, I am really looking forward to Sideshow's Indy...and hoping it blows this one away...but it really is a nice figure IMO. I'm very happy with both of them and can't leave them alone!

watermark.php

Thanks! I cannot stop messing with these guys...took a new batch of pics this morning:

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_06912.JPG

IMG_06961.JPG

IMG_06981.JPG

IMG_06991.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_07101.JPG

Thanks! I cannot stop messing with these guys...took a new batch of pics this morning:

More great pics. Unfortunately, they really show the horrid RAH body's limitations and make them look like either victims of genocidal starvation or boys with adult heads and neither one of those actors were remotely that thin. To the contrary actually as Sean was a body builder at one point in his life (placing 3rd in the Mr. Universe competition) and Harrison, we know, was lanky, but he wasn't.... gasp! ....skeletal.

As to your toy/high end collectibles comment, I agree. I did pick up the PF. But I'm talking about the action figures. Given that Hasbro's is just $20, why spend near $200 for something that's arguably similar in quality and nowhere near the price point? You can actually PLAY with the Hasbro Indy without worrying about breaking him. Can you say the same about Medicom's? No. Fragile arms, legs, and wrist pegs, sadly the fragility of the RAH body forces you to take caution and you wind up very carefully posing him and accessorizing him, before putting him back, and that's it. And if you can't play with them, then doesn't it cease being a toy at that point and become a "high end collectible?"

Last edited:
Oh, I agree, these pics definitely highlight the skinny bodies...but I figured folks might like to see what's under the coat/jacket. The bodies are certainly too thin, there's no getting around that. I think it works better on Henry, who has thicker clothing, than Indy. Indy looks good with the jacket on, but not without it. His legs are skinny either way...they could have overcome this with slightly baggier pants maybe. There's no denying that the bodies are way more poseable than Sideshow's Buck though. I can't wait to see what the Prometheus body can do though.

As far as the quality, I have to disagree...I am more afraid of breaking my Sideshow figures than these guys. Your absolutely right, I wouldn't let my kids play with them, but they seem quite sturdy to me. I haven't had any problems with the arms, legs, or wrist pegs. In fact, the wrist pegs seem a lot sturdier and easier to swap out than on most of my Sideshow figures'.

Hasbro? Oh man, I really wanted to embrace these figures...but I couldn't bring myself to buy a single one of them. The crappy paint jobs aside (every whip cracking Indy I have seen looks like he is wearing mascara), they just look terrible. The printed on buttons on the shirt...WTF? I have GI-Joes from the '60s that have real buttons for God's sake. You would think that the inventor of the Action Figure would do better.

Anyway, I am not saying Medicom's are perfect by any means...they certainly have their flaws...but they are not the atrocities that some would have us believe. I am happy with them, but still eagerly awaiting Sideshow's Indy.

Could you bulk him up with a little tissue paper Billy? Even with the Jacket on it looks like he could use some meat on his bones. Funny how the Medi Wolverine doesn't suffer from this at all.

Back