Medicom Hannibal Lecter and Saw

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SAW:
Likeness doesn't seem too bad for a Medi sculpt, but he is WAY too skinny.

Hannibal:
I just wish there were some 1:6 straight jackets out their like Hannibal's. They would be quite useful for some of my customs.

More tw pics

032-2.jpg

039-2.jpg

040-3.jpg

041-1.jpg

042-2.jpg

044-3.jpg

046.jpg

057-3.jpg

058-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

I'm definitely ordering Jigsaw no matter what.
I want to order Hannibal but just can't , the sculpt it was off and the lack of accessories just drops it for me.

Just not impressed... too clean and simple looking for a gritty horror film. The likeness of the actor is there, but not the character. Big disappointment, I imagine Lecter will be about the same.

I will definitely be getting that Jigsaw head repainted , it sucks dong !.
It looks yellow!. I know hes ill but it just looks funny to me and I do doubt they took into account he was ill anyway.
I also think the price of these should be lower but with medicom it aint happening.

Just not impressed... too clean and simple looking for a gritty horror film. The likeness of the actor is there, but not the character. Big disappointment, I imagine Lecter will be about the same.

My problem with him is he just looks way to slim, which is the problem I have with Medicom figures. It's not just height, they have no weight to them. The hood material looks way to bulky and doesn't lay right.

Other than those nitpicks, he looks good. The sculpt is passable and the pig head is nice.

Maybe HT will give us a Jigsaw later.

My problem with him is he just looks way to slim, which is the problem I have with Medicom figures. It's not just height, they have no weight to them. The hood material looks way to bulky and doesn't lay right.

Other than those nitpicks, he looks good. The sculpt is passable and the pig head is nice.

Maybe HT will give us a Jigsaw later.

Ya, outside of the armored figures, and even with some of them, I'm starting to find a trend of their figures looking like skinny 12 year old boys and not healthy sized adult men. Like their Darth Maul, I would guess Jigsaw has the leg extenders in which won't help matters, take those off and he'd look a little better, probably still a little too skinny, but not as bad as in these images.

Thankfully, if I keep my order, Hannibal's proportions look fine in the proto and if they look bad in production, I'd guess it'll be a case like Maul where the Proto doesn't have extenders and production does. I'd like to see some pictures of him wearing the mask too and not just a solo image of the mask not on him, and hopefully they corrected it before putting the production figures together.

Thats true, they tend to be slender looking figures... very noticeable on the Batman Begins figure.

There was briefly some sort of licensing snafu with that mask. It was after NECA already made two figures with it, but for a time there was some doubt as to whether the Minimates or the Medicom figure were to have it. Whatever the problem was, it was sorted out but I'm sure the two cases are connected.

Got Hannibal last night. He looks just like the prototype pics. Not bad with the mask on, but I can't believe I paid so much for a bad Anthony Hopkins sculpt in a straightjacket and orange jumpsuit. No accessories except the mask. Pretty lame.

Got Hannibal last night. He looks just like the prototype pics. Not bad with the mask on, but I can't believe I paid so much for a bad Anthony Hopkins sculpt in a straightjacket and orange jumpsuit. No accessories except the mask. Pretty lame.

Who did you order him from?

I'm assuming he ordered from Sideshow as mine shipped a few days ago and will be here tomorrow.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the prototype pics but Lecter is one of those few characters where I've decided to get every version of the figures. For example, I'm fine having only NECA's "Freddy vs. Jason" 2-pack but with Ash/"Army of Darkness" I have every single action figure any company has ever made and as the owner of all three NECA Lecters (regular, 18" and escape) and the Minimates I have to have the Medicom figure even if I don't think it's all that great.

I was holding out hope that it would be a big improvement over the prototype but now that doesn't seem to be the case. This is my first Medicom figure and I'd hate this to sour me on the whole company. I also have their Sweeney Todd figure on preorder but I'd actually be satisfied if that one looked just like the prototype.

Still, for $100 they should have at least included the cart, especially since all the other components of the figure (orange jumpsuit, straitjacket and mask) were only worn by the character while secured in the cart.

and I have mine, and it's just like the prototype.

I've never like, dreaded getting a figure. It was like I was more worried about regretting dropping $100 on it than I was excited to see the figure.

This is like a $20 figure at best.

Back