Medicom Hannibal Lecter and Saw

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest (sorry to everyone who has bought it, taste after all is very subjective!) but that (Lecter) in my opinion is the single worst figure that Medicom has ever produced and I am, and have been since the 80's, a big, big fan of the companies work.

Got Hannibal last night. He looks just like the prototype pics. Not bad with the mask on, but I can't believe I paid so much for a bad Anthony Hopkins sculpt in a straightjacket and orange jumpsuit. No accessories except the mask. Pretty lame.

Would you say, even if you're a super Hannibal fan and it's the only 1/6 Hannibal out there, it's not really worth the expense? I ended up cancelling my order, just wondering if I should regret it, I thought it seemed like a lot of $ for a so-so figure. Also, did the correct the mask to be 3 bars in the mouth or is it still 4 like the prototype.

The medicom sculpt sucks a lot!! I stick with my custom!! I only need a mask. Do you know anyone who can make the mask? Thanks

Just saw this a few pages back--WOW! Very nice! I remember seeing these on ebay fully built for 'round $400 or so. Shoulda dropped the coin, very impressive sculpt--especially for what, 5 years ago?

Yes, one of the fabled Angor heads :monkey2 That is badass looking... and waaaay nicer then what Medicom crapped out.

I decided to ordered this Medicom crap long time ago.
He looks a little like Hannibal when you place the mask on its face (and his posture is also little)
Doesn't even wear socks.

I remember the version of custom Mickey and am sad I missed it when he placed it for sale. (you can see it on Michael Crawford site)

At the moment I simple have a doll that occupies the place for a better version.

I'm hoping Spooktacular 2008 brings the Hannibal Lecter movies to SSC's license repetoire, even if it's just a single 1/6 figure or a PF, just something, with a proper likeness, done well is needed, NECA's OK, Medicom seems to suck, Lecter fans are due.

Three things I want from SSC Hannibal related:

1:1 Cannibal Mask Replica
1/6 Hannibal Ultimate/2Pack with orange and blue jumpsuits, blue preffered
1/4 Hannibal in blue prison suit

If I could just get the same version from Sideshow that Medicom made I'd be a happy camper... sadly I suspect the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Unfortunately, you're right. Hannibal is a most desired figure for me though, I may save up and go the commission route to get a sculpt and make a custom figure, trouble is going that route means no cannibal mask which is kinda important to me, but oh well.

Also, did NECA ever release a 12" version of Hannibal? That could be a great starting point for a custom.

despite all the negative feedback from this figure I'm still pretty excited for it. I'll post pictures when my mine comes as no one has posted pics yet.

I'd probably be half as critical of Hannibal figures if it weren't a dream figure. Of properties/figures that are likely to never be made, Hannibal Lecter's been my #2 desired figure. Medicom's effort is ok, but it's not the best a figure could be, nor the exact look I'd want in a Hannibal figure, so $100 for a "only option" figure just didn't make sense in the end. I will get the Lecter I want someday, even if I have to pay commission or whatever, I won't settle with him. Blue jumpsuit, white t-shirt, Hopkins likeness and character-capturing facial expression are what I'm out for, Medicom just couldn't give me any of that.

despite all the negative feedback from this figure I'm still pretty excited for it. I'll post pictures when my mine comes as no one has posted pics yet.

MAybe I have been too harsh with my comments.
The figure actually doesn't look all too bad (same sculpt as prototype, but something about the paint makes it look better).
The lunatic jacket and the mask are super.

Didn't want to act spoiled, but Hot Toys has really made us so critical.

If you are a fan of monster figures, I am sure chances are pretty high you will still like it.
At least I do :)

Afbeelding10-4.png

Afbeelding11-1.png

Afbeelding12-3.png

Back