Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the one I got was just a dud. I don't know how these are made, but I'm assuming by hand, I just think someone was asleep at the wheel with mine. The arms and the paint issues are the most annoying, I haven't seen any as sloppy looking as mine, and the entry plug system issue I could live with as it will stay closed most of the time. But I'm glad they are replacing mine.

Jealous of those whom have all three of the main EVAs, I would love unit-00 but more then likely I won't ever get it, I still think I'm gonna get Unit-02 Gamma though. Would be awesome to see the original Mass Production Evas from the show in this line but seeing as they are likely replaced by the greenish ones previewed at the end of 3.0 doubt they will.

I think the one I got was just a dud. I don't know how these are made, but I'm assuming by hand, I just think someone was asleep at the wheel with mine. The arms and the paint issues are the most annoying, I haven't seen any as sloppy looking as mine, and the entry plug system issue I could live with as it will stay closed most of the time. But I'm glad they are replacing mine.

Jealous of those whom have all three of the main EVAs, I would love unit-00 but more then likely I won't ever get it, I still think I'm gonna get Unit-02 Gamma though. Would be awesome to see the original Mass Production Evas from the show in this line but seeing as they are likely replaced by the greenish ones previewed at the end of 3.0 doubt they will.

Unit 00 is in stock here https://www.toywiz.com/rahunit00.html

Yea i would love to see pretty much every Eva design done in this line. Its like an entire grail line for me lol

Unit 00 is in stock here https://www.toywiz.com/rahunit00.html

Yea i would love to see pretty much every Eva design done in this line. Its like an entire grail line for me lol

I think it would be awesome to have them all made, but if I had to make a list of wants it would be these too the most. Its not the finding of a 00 that would make it out of my reach, its the cost. lol at the cost of a preorder maybe but not after market, only sprung for 01 as it is my favorite EVA after the mass production version and can't go wrong with the most iconic one.

- Mass Production Version
- EVA-03, w/ different arms to display it as Bardiel, or better yet with 4 arms

:1-1:
My dream release is Sachiel. Would love one of those to scale :D
This a thousand times! If they did that though I think they would really need to forgo rubber, it would be a walking tear waiting to happen. The rubberyish fabric used on the torso and legs of the EVAs would be perfect, I think seams would be worth having for the added durability, could just have all the seams on the back. I've got the sachel model kit bandi made ma y years ago. Love it! Another reason rubber would be a bad choice. Playing with this model it is immensily unposable. It might as well have not leg or hip joints.
IMAG0186_zpsb267c499.jpg

Last edited:
Medicom is going to be replacing my EVA. I sent them photos and a video showing the entry plug problem. After seeing all the problems they asked me to send it backto them for an exchange. I hope they will do it, but I'm gonna ask them if someone can take it from the package and check all of it's joints, super loose obsess seem to be a common problem I do not wish to experience.

Good to hear that Medicom would be replacing your fig. Just wondering though... Are you going to send it back to Japan or do they have a local HQ there in the States? And who's going to pay for shipping?

Good to hear that Medicom would be replacing your fig. Just wondering though... Are you going to send it back to Japan or do they have a local HQ there in the States? And who's going to pay for shipping?

Originally they asked me to send it back to Japan, but when I enquired if I was responsible for shipping they found a distributor of theirs in the US that I could send mine too to save on shipping, so rather then ship to Japan it is going to Maryland which will save a small fortune on shipping. Then they will be sending me a brand new replacement from Japan and at my request they agreed to open up the new one first and check it for defects first. For my first experience with Medicom, I wasn't blown away by the figures quality but I damn sure am at their customer service.

Yup their customer service is top notch. Hope they keep it that way.

Finally got the gang all together :D

7xV2NKi.jpg

So the awesome thing about 02, is that her hands will work with 00, being the same color.
I can use them to let her use 01's knife, or load her down with two pellet rifles.

A_Locomotive or anyone that has it, would you please let me know what email you used to contact Medicom? I'm going to try and see if they can fix the right hip joint on my 02. It's so loose that it turns out at the right hip whenever you set it down without the stand. Thanks!

Got my 00 a few weeks ago and she's the most perfect out of the bunch QC-wise!
3A259A17-3131-4BBF-9723-A3758340195C-1406-000001747FFC3FB1_zps1e96032f.jpg

A_Locomotive or anyone that has it, would you please let me know what email you used to contact Medicom? I'm going to try and see if they can fix the right hip joint on my 02. It's so loose that it turns out at the right hip whenever you set it down without the stand. Thanks!

It was one of one the pieces of paper that came with my EVA-01, look for one that mentions what do do if you need help, it has the email address on it. :)

So I got my replacement EVA-01 in the mail, new one is better across the board but again the entry plug hatches are ****ed up. This time the rear one that slides up doesn't close all the way, sits at a slanted angle and leaves a 1mm gap all the way around and it looks awful. Contacted CS again. This is really souring my opinion of medicom. They told me the replacement would be inspected for problems before shipping it to me, they obviously didn't as I noticed this problem within seconds of looking at the EVAs back.

Sorry to hear that, A_Locomotive. I was hoping you would get to enjoy the Eva 01. I'm stopping with the trio that I already have. Too expensive and the QC's a dice-roll. For such an expensive product, you would think they would spend the extra time and care.

I think, as with any toy, smaller runs mean better quality on average.

Less chances for the mold and parts to be defective.

My 00 is the best of the bunch too.

Back