Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are making me want to cancel PO. Is the QC really that bad?

I think plenty of people have gotten good ones and are happy with them. I've had 2 01's, and 02, and an 00.

The first 01 had a lot of issues. The second one was fine, but the feet kept falling out. and the 00 is great.

I just don't enjoy owning them anymore, doesn't mean you won't haha. They look great either way.

We'll just put my preorder in. Hope im not too disappointed for this price range of a figure

I just received a package from Medicom and it was the replacement left hand trigger pose for Unit 0. The one that came with mine was missing the screw to hold the peg in and if you have seen any of these it's not a standard screw. All I asked for was the screw but they said they would replace the whole hand. They also threw in two extra open finger spread hands. It took a while, but I can't fault Medicom's customer service on this. This was the only problem I had with my 3 Eva's (Units 0, 1 and 2). They are fantastic figures and I'm very happy to have them in my collection.

Received the EVA-08 Beta this week, really happy with it.
Totally dig the pink color and the design, plus with that "heavy" armor it looks less fragile, it works better with the RAH size.

2 quick pictures.

6iybSv.jpg

JiMAEN.jpg

Received the EVA-08 Beta this week, really happy with it.
Totally dig the pink color and the design, plus with that "heavy" armor it looks less fragile, it works better with the RAH size.

2 quick pictures.

6iybSv.jpg

JiMAEN.jpg

What is the pose-ability like? I have only an EVA-01 and had originally planned on it being my only EVA but I am again looking at the EVA-02 Gamma and since the two have mostly the same armor I am wondering how poseable it is. Particularly the waist section, the armor plates make it look really restricted. And how sturdy do the plates feel?

What is the pose-ability like? I have only an EVA-01 and had originally planned on it being my only EVA but I am again looking at the EVA-02 Gamma and since the two have mostly the same armor I am wondering how poseable it is. Particularly the waist section, the armor plates make it look really restricted. And how sturdy do the plates feel?

It's good, more limited than the first EVA design but it's ok, the white part of the waist is made of soft plastic so you can bend there whitout any problems, it could have a weird looking though, the others parts are solid plastic so they won't move.

Also I received the 02 Gamma, prod is very clean, no major defect on it and she has the same glossy finish than the first 02, beautiful.

Edit with EVA02 Gamma pictures.

N0JK7K.jpg

vFGRXS.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for the photos! I am glad the high gloss look was carried over, when I was intially deciding which of the EVA's to get I was tempted by the 02 after seeing it in person on display with 01 at comic con, the finish on it looks spectacular. Are interesting details not shown in photos? So I am curious as to accessories, what all did they come with? Anything not shown in preview photos? I saw plenty of little bits for the 02, gun arm, swords. But the 08 all I ever saw shown was the pistol, is that really it? No big sniper rifle?

Wow! Thanks for the photos! I am glad the high gloss look was carried over, when I was intially deciding which of the EVA's to get I was tempted by the 02 after seeing it in person on display with 01 at comic con, the finish on it looks spectacular. Are interesting details not shown in photos? So I am curious as to accessories, what all did they come with? Anything not shown in preview photos? I saw plenty of little bits for the 02, gun arm, swords. But the 08 all I ever saw shown was the pistol, is that really it? No big sniper rifle?

Yeah I'm happy with that too (gloss finish) unfortunately the mechanical arms don't have the same look, it's not so glossy.
The articulations of the arm is also a bit weird/off, could have been better and also it's limited to 90° at the elbow. Blades can be combine, the extra arm gun (limited to the first production) is ok and it's a nice bonus. Still they could have made an extra hand for the mech arm (fist).
For the 08 yep, they only include the hand gun, no sniper rifle even if the version used by the 08beta was smaller and could fit in the box.

Just got Unit 08β and Unit 02γ. These are the first two Medicom Evas I have gotten. I have an extensive collection of different Unit 01's but at this point am a little tired of 01 and was looking for something different for my first RAH purchase. 08β and 02γ really fit the bill and it's nice to get them as a pair.

They are pretty much what I expected from Medicom. They look great, they feel fragile, and they have very few accessories. They're a lot bigger than I was expecting, even knowing in advance they'd be taller than 1/6 scale humans. I generally really love them despite the lack of accessories. They remind me quite a bit of the MG Eva 01 from back in the NGE days. Always wanted that but neither had the money at the time nor the patience to build it.

Another thing I wasn't really expecting was the matte finish on 08β and the gloss on 02γ. Was a nice surprise, it's cool to have a variety of finishes on these. I really would like to get Mk.09 when I have a bit more money to do so and it's actually in stock (seems pre-orders are sold out most places). I'd also buy the **** out of a Unit 13 if one was made.

Pictures will be coming, not sure when.

^^ Nice pics! I wasn't going to get the eva 02 gamma since I thought having all of the three previous models (00, 01 and 02) was enough, but I caved in the end. Glad I did, because the tolerances seem tighter on the gamma version. The joints in the midsection are hindered by the new armor and not as flexible as the old armor, but what it loses in flexibility it gains in rigidity. The feet are more stable than the previous version, allowing you to pose it in somewhat extreme positions without the need of the included stand. I was so impressed with the tighter tolerances that I bought the eva 08. It also helped that it's on sale at amiami for 45% less!

Back