Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same here Bobby, the figure looks awesome but hot toys joker is going to be taller than the medicom TDK batman and of course its fragile.... try to pose it and boom his shoulder snaps :monkey4

Not to sound trite but some of the new Medicom figures have been using stronger plastic so that the fear of breakage should not really be an issue. But I also look at this way, my HT Superman had a loose arm joint - did I swear off HT because of fear of loose joints, no. I considered it a factory flaw. Same with Sideshow and DC Direct. No body is perfect. It all depends on your love for the character and how much you are willing to spend.
If I could I would buy both HT and Medi and bash the two in to a great representation of the character as he appeared in TDK. But I can't atm so I am going with Medicom because in my opinion it looks the nicest of the two.
And if you look the suit underneath, it appears to be a stretchy fabric of some kind (spandex, neoprene?) so I don't think the body will be lacking in the posing department. And on the topic of scale, remember the Medicom body is meant to be adjusted for height, unlike the HT body. So imo that is +1 for Medicom. At the moment I have my Medi Vader topping out at 12.5'', Superman at 11.5'' and Batman (Begins version) at 11.25 roughly (hard to tell with the ears). While Vader is not 14'' tall he is just right for the Medi Star Wars line. And it is great to have Bats and Supes at a good height difference as it should be.
So there is always possibilities, just got to work at them.Just my two cents.

Not to sound trite but some of the new Medicom figures have been using stronger plastic so that the fear of breakage should not really be an issue. But I also look at this way, my HT Superman had a loose arm joint - did I swear off HT because of fear of loose joints, no. I considered it a factory flaw. Same with Sideshow and DC Direct. No body is perfect. It all depends on your love for the character and how much you are willing to spend.
If I could I would buy both HT and Medi and bash the two in to a great representation of the character as he appeared in TDK. But I can't atm so I am going with Medicom because in my opinion it looks the nicest of the two.
And if you look the suit underneath, it appears to be a stretchy fabric of some kind (spandex, neoprene?) so I don't think the body will be lacking in the posing department. And on the topic of scale, remember the Medicom body is meant to be adjusted for height, unlike the HT body. So imo that is +1 for Medicom. At the moment I have my Medi Vader topping out at 12.5'', Superman at 11.5'' and Batman (Begins version) at 11.25 roughly (hard to tell with the ears). While Vader is not 14'' tall he is just right for the Medi Star Wars line. And it is great to have Bats and Supes at a good height difference as it should be.
So there is always possibilities, just got to work at them.Just my two cents.

Which newer Medicoms? My last Medicom figure was Boba Fett, purchased around Christmas, and his hip joint snapped off. I repaired it, then the shoulder snapped! Medicom RAH's have a know joint issue, Hot Toys and Takara's do not.

I don't like any character enough to spend $150 or more only to find it smaller then the rest of my collection, have weird proportions (shoulders narrower than the hips) and break because of poorly engineered joints and plastic quality.

BOBBY

Found these on the toy-world forum.

MedicomBatman01.jpg

MedicomBatman02.jpg

MedicomBatman03.jpg

MedicomBatman04.jpg

His eyes look blue, and I don't know if that's all the accessories he'll come with! Don't have any Medicom figures but were they all a little light on accessories?

Still very nice figure, and I'm tempted but I've already got the Hot Toys version on pre-order.

Now I've seen earlier pics of all three before and they all look like crap. Now that I see these pics, they are starting to catch my eyes. Batman looks pretty good now, but something about that head shape is picking at me, the Bruce Wayne is reminding me of Stiffler from American Pie for some reason, but what's really getting to me is that Joker portrait...it actually looks better than when I first saw it and it starting to look more like "Heath" than Hot Toys version. Though I got my Hot Toys versions on order, I might consider getting at least the Joker if I see more close up pics on his face. Hmmmmmmmmmmm:confused::confused::confused:

I'm curious, since the Batman looks much larger than the other two, is it possible it would be more on par with the Hot Toys scale? I have the Hot Toys Joker, and want this batman, think they may be close in height?

Not 100% about this figure, but from looking at Medicom's other figures,
I doubt it will be in scale. Usually they are an inch or two smaller
than HT and SS 1/6 figures.

I wish they would release some more/new info about this figure now that the Hot Toys one comes out next week. I need a reason not to talk myself into just buying hot toys.

okay i have a question..has there been a direct comparison (with pic's etc) between the HT and Medicom ? That is I mean ...in a form of an article or written critique ? Lastly, I guess we will not see a Takara version ??

Regards,

Echo 7 a/k/a Winged Avenger

Last edited:
Back