Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had any problems with peeling suit or broken bodies with my Medis. And I have both Vaders and all the Imperial troopers.

I just got a medicom ghost rider and is my only medicom, love the detail and everything...The only reason im not buying VADER is because i liked sideshows last vader and missed buying him and heard sideshow say they will release one this year..I'M sure sideshow will probaly beat medi's price and trusting sources say it's worth the wait for my favorite villian.......still glad this came out but medicom's prices are insane ...maybe would buy for 200 0r 250 but must save every penny with everthing coming out this year for other must have release's......

Does size really matter?a lot of great figures are not correct in scale.hot toys hellboy for example is not in scale.he stands the same height as abe sapian.does it look strange?no it is fine.and let's not forget the new hot toys predators.they are off compared to royce.and they look fine.as long as vader stands a bit taller than hot toys luke it will look fine.

It does (to me at least) when its a very glaring issue... Abe and Hellboy being the same height is unfortunate; but not as bad as Vader being the same height as a stormtrooper. Also the height/build of Vader is fairly integral to his character so him being anything less than imposing is not so good.

W/in the Medicom series its not as much of an issue since the figures tend to scale fairly well w/one another. But if you have the Medicom Vader with other companies 1/6 figures he looks silly.

The boxes not lighting up is a big fail?? What other version do they light up?

How can you possibly know how well done the talking feature is??

You don't care about the saber but its a big deal on the boxes?? ...wow...

Nobody can judge the audible feature until it is heard.

A talking feature on a 1/6 figure is just silly in general. So the fact that they would invest in a talking feature instead of a lights on the box and belt is odd given he also comes with a light up lightsaber. So the combination of features is the fail.

Also its easy to make some early predictions about this figure as its likely heavily reused pieces from the previous ones. I've owned both the Medicom ROTJ and ROTS Vader and the Sideshow one was far superior in quality and cost less.

A talking feature on a 1/6 figure is just silly in general

Disagree with you. My Medi vader and Yoda both talk and its the coolest thing about them. Always fun to press the button when you are just out the bath and Vaders says "Most impressive". It gets creepy when the heavy breathing starts.

The sideshow is the better of the builds but was the biggest disappointment out of a box for me. So hyped about it I guess.

Last edited:
321.jpg

Where did you find the recent pic oscorp?
I'm an avid fan of the line so thanks...just wish they made him taller.
Looks like the UU luke in the backround is almost the same size.

I just got a medicom ghost rider and is my only medicom, love the detail and everything...The only reason im not buying VADER is because i liked sideshows last vader and missed buying him and heard sideshow say they will release one this year..I'M sure sideshow will probaly beat medi's price and trusting sources say it's worth the wait for my favorite villian.......still glad this came out but medicom's prices are insane ...maybe would buy for 200 0r 250 but must save every penny with everthing coming out this year for other must have release's......

There has been no official announcement on this but chances are the next version of Vader is a Sideshow/Hot Toys DX version of Darth Vader based on his appearance in ROTJ. It'll probably be $300 or more. It will also probably be announced this year, but not released until next year.

I have a few of the old Medicom DV's and as long as they are posed seperately from the collection, they are fine. I haven't had any issues with the suits cracking either. I'm aware they are medicom and I've had bad experiences with their products (hence the name) but in the case of the Vaders, they've held up pretty well.

I wish we could see a picture so I could see if the helmet is different. I don't think it is though...which is amazing since that was the part of the figure that needed the most improvement.

That looks pretty awesome to me. Just wish we could see how tall he is. Most likely right at 12" if it's on the new body. I'm still going to wait for the SS version though

Maul looks pretty cool back there too. Any more pics of him?

I've never been a fan of Medicom's stylized approach to their 1/6 SW pieces. This Vader has dolly written all over it.. to me anyway.

Didn't like the first SSC Vader - & don't like this. Hopefully SSC's next attempt interests me.. otherwise I'm just going to wait for HT to show them all how it's really done. :monkey3

looks like another lame wire cape...Why can't HT, Medi, or SSC get capes right?? I mean, charge us an extra $10-$20 and produce one that doesn't hang like a mangled turd off the back of the figure...we end up having to buy a good one from lforigno anyway!

I've never been a fan of Medicom's stylized approach to their 1/6 SW pieces. This Vader has dolly written all over it.. to me anyway.

Didn't like the first SSC Vader - & don't like this. Hopefully SSC's next attempt interests me.. otherwise I'm just going to wait for HT to show them all how it's really done. :monkey3

You might have a long wait before you then...:monkey1

Back