Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup even their new Spider-Man is taller. (not that any scale issues ever bothered me anyways)

After seeing the preview pic for the ESB SSC Vader, Medi Vader is looking pretty good. Glad I have the first two versions already as it looks like the ROTJ version may represent the most accurate version of the RTOJ/ESB costume for awhile...even though they are admittedly pretty flawed.

Yeah i didn't think he'd sell out that quick. If anyone sees this for cheaper let me know, he's going next to Luke!

since the new 2.0 vader is taller, it will be on scale with the new luke? anyone have this figure to compare? I really need a picture to decide to get it, my local dealer still have this on stock

I should have both HT Luke and Medi Vader 2.0 by the end of the week. If nobody has posted a clear height compare by then, I will be sure to do so. :)

I picked up the Medicom/Enterbay Unison Farmboy Luke from BBTS on clearance for $145 last week, it's a really nice figure at that price. I decided that if the Medi Vader 2.0 is still out of scale with HT Luke, I can always display it with Unison Luke once the new SS Vader is released.

While this might be an alternative to Sideshow's Vader, there are several things that bother me about it aside from being underscaled. The pleather looks cheap. The body should be a bit more buff especially around the shoulders. He's way too slim. It's not like you can just port him over to a Sideshow Vader body either because of the electronics. Also something about the helmet looks awkward. Can't put my finger on it. Better than Sideshow's of course but still looks odd. Looks more like ROTS Vader.

After many years of happiness the dream is gone: the dreaded rot has set in on my cherished ROTJ Vader.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Just a couple of months ago I had given my Medicom SW collection (ROTJ Vader, two Stormtroopers, the Sandtrooper and ROTJ Luke - I only kept ESB Boba Fett) to my son. He's 9, but smart enough to know that those toys are not for playing, so he just keeps them displayed and changes poses every now and then.
I haven't had the heart to tell him of my discovery...

Not sure if I came across this on here or OSW, but some guy did a fix on this and it turned out pretty well. He stripped the outer peeling material from its fabric underlay then resprayed with a rubberised paint. Anyone else recall this?

Do you live in a very humid climate? I have heard of this happening in your region.

Actually no, I live in Bogotá (2600 meters above sea level) and it's not very humid here. The figure held up for many years, I got it when it was originally released. Don't remember when that was exactly. Must've been over five years ago.

The problem is I'm afraid many of the pleather suit figures might have the same faith in the future, not matter if Medicom, Sideshow, HT or others. I'm curious if spraying them with something like silicone or other things might help them for not rotting in time.

FYI, T1mmer59's fix reported from OSW:

First picture:

Cloth back of body suit after removing pleather peel, along with shoulder with pleather still attached:

vader3.gif

Second picture:

After Mighty Sealer cured, shows flexibility and no degredation, while body suit still retains full retention of original movement.

vader2.gif

Third picture:

After five hours of curing, Mighty Sealer has bonded to cloth body suit, and coated it in a flexible rubberized finish.

vader1.gif

Only time will tell about the durability of this product.

dsc00051.gif

That sealer doesn't look half bad... a bit better than the shiny pleather he started out life with.

The V2.0 definitely seems like an upgrade to the previous ones, but still not feeling it overall. I am glad to see they at least added a bit of height to him to be more in scale with the rest of the medi releases.

I'd like to see a shot of this helmet next to the new SS offering to get an idea of who got the shape and proportions right. I know Medi is a little on the small side but as far as accuracy I think Medi nailed it. Now if we can only get SS to do the same.

FYI, T1mmer59's fix reported from OSW:
Mine is still perfect after years..but from the pics you have posted T1mmer59 has done a very patience job on it...is very difficulty and boring removing the pleather peel from the figure (I have got a problem with an other old med figure same situation)..but in my opinion in the pic where the peel off is shown, the suit it was quite perfect, for me there's no need to put other rubber paint on it..because [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIbEj1CIpuU[/ame] after years

if we remember the sideshow vader he wores a suit very different than the medicom is not so shiny or bright and it's still perfect at all..

Back