Medicom Darth Vader v1 Suit Issues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Darth Vader

I love mine..the head sculpt really makes it...sadly I think I am going to sell it because I have no more room for it.

I enjoyed my Medi Vader and he was a great stand in until the Sideshow version arrived. But, it was the height issue that eventually did him in.

GB I'm pretty sure I own your Medi Vader :lol I bought him off the bay right when I got into this hobby, before I even discovered the boards. I was looking at my feedback and sure enough, there you are! I think he was my 3rd figure...still love the thing. I've padded him up and added a bit of height at the ankles and it has helped, enough to make it incredibly difficult for me to pull the trigger on the SS Vader...I even have a Hasbro dome waiting :slap

:lol :lol

That's really cool! Is it the ROTS or ROTJ version? I had both at different times.

Glad to know he's in a good home :lol

It's the ROTJ version :exactly: He and the Stormie are ready for the emp and his throne!

IMG_1920.jpg

Ah... that was the one I liked best.

I started out with the ROTS, then sold it when I was able to get the ROTJ.

Didn't he have extra hands from the ROTS figure when I sold him? Great figure... just wish Medicom made them a bit bigger. But he looks awesome with the stormie :duff

You know, I'm not sure about the extra hands, but if they're there, thanks for that! :lol I've really only ever used the belt holding hands.

Yeah, if he didn't suffer from Medi syndrome, it would be an absolutely perfect figure. But even as is, he's pretty damn close :exactly: I doubt I'll pull the trigger on the ANH Vader because I really am happy with him, but if SS releases an improved ESB version, this guy might be in trouble.

Yeah, I might be wrong about the extra hands... but I was thinking after I bought him I also got a set of hands from a parted out ROTS figure. That was a couple years ago, so I wouldn't trust my memory :lol

I have a feeling Sideshow will eventually give us an ESB and ROTJ version. I'll probably be in for one more, but not all 3 as the differences just aren't substantial enough for me to want all 3.

I hear ya, but I have a strict "1 figure per character" rule, so I'll have to choose :slap Although...the BD T-800 stands to terminate that rule.

ROTJ was so vastly superior to the ROTS. ROTJ made me want to buy more Medicom despite the friggin' hand paddles, and ROTS made me despise paying $180 for a Medicom figure.

ROTJ made me want to buy more Medicom despite the friggin' hand paddles

QFT :lol

Medicom's armored/helmeted stuff is awesome, despite the scale. I've come close to dropping Medicom cash on a Boba Fett soooo many times (to go next to my Medi Han :dunno) but the knees always get me.

Aw look at the wittle guy, hims found his daddy. This figure used to be the cats pajamas until the big bad V came through.

Medi Anakin and Vader are really good. The tailoring and textile of the outfit are really top notch. Medi Luke however....I have different take on that (not even talking about the likliness because I am fine with his look)

Medi Anakin and Vader are really good. The tailoring and textile of the outfit are really top notch. Medi Luke however....I have different take on that (not even talking about the likliness because I am fine with his look)

Keep a close eye on that suit. Vader's bodysuit is notorious for cracking and eventually peeling. Signs usually start around the threaded "pin striping," starting with a puncture hole getting bigger before cracking straight across and then the flaking begins.

Back